NHL kicked the NBA playoffs.

Talk about anything here.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

NHL kicked the NBA playoffs.

Post by Da Stars. »

LOL at the NBA to bad most people don't like hockey. I would explain to Bushy why the NHL championship was more impressive by the Panthers then the championship by the Celtics. But well in this case it would be taking candy away from his kids.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Re: NHL kicked the NBA playoffs.

Post by zombiesonics »

The last time a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup was 1993. It’s not even a Canadian sport anymore. It’s an American sport yet no one watches it because it’s just kinda sucks.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

zombiesonics wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:55 pm The last time a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup was 1993. It’s not even a Canadian sport anymore. It’s an American sport yet no one watches it because it’s just kinda sucks.
What an ignorant take from beginning to end.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

NHL viewership is up while nba was down. One is played how it should be and the other is the WWE now.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Da Stars. wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:24 pm LOL at the NBA to bad most people don't like hockey. I would explain to Bushy why the NHL championship was more impressive by the Panthers then the championship by the Celtics. But well in this case it would be taking candy away from his kids.
The international talent pool for hockey is about five percent of what it is for basketball.

The NHL talent pool is probably comparable in overall scope/depth to D2 basketball in America.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Da Stars. wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:24 pm LOL at the NBA to bad most people don't like hockey. I would explain to Bushy why the NHL championship was more impressive by the Panthers then the championship by the Celtics. But well in this case it would be taking candy away from his kids.

wut

:elistoned:
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Take it from someone who also follows a niche sport, you need to accept hockey's place and not pathetically attempt to compare it to more popular leagues. Just own it, stars.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:38 am
The international talent pool for hockey is about five percent of what it is for basketball.

The NHL talent pool is probably comparable in overall scope/depth to D2 basketball in America.
22 percent of International talent in this years NBA. Close to 30 percent international in the NHL. LOL. Bush talking out his ass again. Now go Muskie fishing.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Da Stars. wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:39 pm
22 percent of International talent in this years NBA. Close to 30 percent international in the NHL. LOL. Bush talking out his ass again. Now go Muskie fishing.
That's not what talent pool means, old-timer.

It refers to the DEPTH of people trying to play a sport that reach a certain level of competence.

It could be 1 percent or 90 percent of players being international....it's out of a pool of like 10,000 people worldwide, while basketball is probably closer to several hundred millions, so it's a moot point.

The talent pool for basketball in NYC is more than the talent pool for hockey within the entire fucking world.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I was obviously kidding about 10K people playing hockey...but I asked Google:

"How many people play basketball worldwide?"
A: 450 million

"How many people play hockey worldwide?"
A: 1.6 million

So basketball is only beating hockey by a factor of 274....close call though.

Edit: lmao
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:45 pm I was obviously kidding about 10K people playing hockey...but I asked Google:

"How many people play basketball worldwide?"
A: 450 million

"How many people play hockey worldwide?"
A: 1.6 million

So basketball is only beating hockey by a factor of 274....close call though.

Edit: lmao
LOL. So the NBA has over 400 million possible players to choose from. LOL. And still can't create a minor league- player development program.
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

I can't watch the NBA bc the officiating and pacing make it unwatchable, in the NHL you can go 10 minutes of actual play without any whistles, the game is more free flowing and exciting to watch, with the NBA its a shock to not have a whistle blown for 2 consecutive possessions, it's boring, and half the time the refs fuck up and blow the whistle just because they thought they saw something. It's a terrible league and I don't miss it in the slightest.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Da Stars. wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:04 pm
LOL. So the NBA has over 400 million possible players to choose from. LOL. And still can't create a minor league- player development program.
They don't need one. They can take the cream of the cream of the cream of the cream of the cream of the crop and simply let them develop in the NBA.

That's what happens when you are the premium league in the world outside football (only in America) and soccer, have 450 million people in some form of a pipeline, playing for 500 roster spots on 30 teams.

If your local high school could suddenly take in players from the entire state, do you think they'd give two fucks about developing the talent on the JV Team, instead of simply selecting the all-state talent from everywhere else?

That's the NBA. The White people who aren't good enough to play high school basketball can go on and play pro hockey, and that's fine.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Deez wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:04 am NHL viewership is up while nba was down. One is played how it should be and the other is the WWE now.