I stayed pretty much 100% away from the whole Drake Kendrick beef (not bragging)

Talk about anything here.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

I stayed pretty much 100% away from the whole Drake Kendrick beef (not bragging)

Post by lettherebehouse »

I’m not saying that to pretend to be above it all, cause I can appreciate a petty inter-department conflict as much as the next guy

Schwartzennegar- Stallone
Tucker-Cuomo
Piazza-Clemens
Koepka-Dechambeau
Clark-Reese

What is the meaning of “not like us”? I only axe cause I’m ova here waiting for tonight’s game 7 and unfortunately ABC news was still airing so I got caught in the riptide of their last minute entertainment news and was sentenced to viewing this as my punishment.

So did this phrase go mainstream this casually (every white person was forced to applause)? I’m just sayin, what if Luke Combs was announcing Blake Shelton or some shit into some lame award and announced “they not like us” while orgasming on the mic? We couldn’t even celebrate “Try that in a small town” without a damn near race war starting up.

So is it exactly as it sounds?

They = blacks

Not like

Us = Non blacks

Can you imagine?

We’re losing a war here, boys. Actually scratch that, we’ve already lost the war. Now we just wait as the whole house of cards comes a tumblin’.

:mjpopcorn:
elartman1973
El Padrino

Re: I stayed pretty much 100% away from the whole Drake Kendrick beef (not bragging)

Post by elartman1973 »

I know nothing about or either of their music.

Missing nothin
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Re: I stayed pretty much 100% away from the whole Drake Kendrick beef (not bragging)

Post by elmerjfudd »

It's always interesting to hear someone who had no interest in a "beef", elaborate what he thinks about a "beef"

This is no different than tdk and xero's opinion on the nba.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

elmerjfudd wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:25 pm It's always interesting to hear someone who had no interest in a "beef", elaborate what he thinks about a "beef"

I really didn’t. A couple ppl would axe like “aye house did you hear drake comeback, oh shit did you hear what Kendrick said”? I’m like no, I’m not keeping up with it.

So I’m bringing it up not cause the beef, but because the line “not like us” is gettin thrown around pretty casually by ppl outside the beef. As i mentioned in the OP, I got triggered out of nowhere by simply tuning into the hockey game too early, I got hit by what you just saw in the clip there. Who wouldn’t be triggered over that? Did you hear that behemoth?

So now I come to you, is the interpretation as it’s widely used now when saying “not like us”, meant to isolate their superiority or distinction from the rest of the world, taunting us with it? And if so, what would be the reaction from the “they” in that scenario had it been the other way around?

:noidea:
Last edited by lettherebehouse on Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

As a very White, non-musical, not-interested-in-rap Caucasian individual, is this beef like Tupac and Biggie, or is it just kind of gay?

BTW, the correct answers are:

Schwartzennegar- Stallone
Tucker-Cuomo
Piazza-Clemens
Koepka-Dechambeau
Clark-Reese
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Drake won.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:41 pm Piazza-Clemens

Piazza tattooed Clemens ass about every time they met, and so Clemens hit him in the head with a 100mph fb, how exactly is Clemens the guy to support here?
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

More or less he's claiming Drake is a cornball brotha and not part of the culture since he's mixed and grew up in a soft suburban life.

It's deeper but if you haven't listened to all the back and forth that's about it. Lots to unpack in the beef though. It's well worth a dive IMO. I enjoyed it
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

kobeunderbite wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:06 am

Piazza tattooed Clemens ass about every time they met, and so Clemens hit him in the head with a 100mph fb, how exactly is Clemens the guy to support here?
Clemens chucked a shattered bat at Piazza and he didn’t do shit. Plus wasn’t Piazza gay?

:laugh3:
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

zombiesonics wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:31 am
kobeunderbite wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:06 am

Clemens chucked a shattered bat at Piazza and he didn’t do shit. Plus wasn’t Piazza gay?

:laugh3:

What was Piazza supposed to do when the bat missed by about 8 feet? Start a fight lol?
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

AlaskaHawks wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:47 am More or less he's claiming Drake is a cornball brotha and not part of the culture since he's mixed and grew up in a soft suburban life.

It's deeper but if you haven't listened to all the back and forth that's about it. Lots to unpack in the beef though. It's well worth a dive IMO. I enjoyed it

I get that Drake’s corny af but the phrase “they not like us” seems to run deeper than just Drake or this little beef. It’s been co-opted by an entire movement of FBAs to distinct themselves not just from whites, but from any black not considered FBA but we’ll save that for another day. They want to distinct themselves, how would that go over if Kenny Chesney wrote some stuff like “they’re nothing like us” in a beef with Hootie & The Blowfish or some shit, that every whiteboy would hashtag or bring up in their shining moments?

SAS yesterday said white ppl can’t chime in on the JJ Redick podcast w Lebron. No white person keeps their job after saying something like this. Zero exceptions. Not even Ernie. They’re entitled to “black spaces” free from white contamination cause “we not like them”. I’m tellin you, something’s up when black ppl can get away with such in your face racism that no other race could get away with. Kendrick’s phrase, seems to have centered this movement, and white ppl like in the op’s video are cheering it on.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

“Not like us”

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

lettherebehouse wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:23 am
AlaskaHawks wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:47 am More or less he's claiming Drake is a cornball brotha and not part of the culture since he's mixed and grew up in a soft suburban life.

I get that Drake’s corny af but the phrase “they not like us” seems to run deeper than just Drake or this little beef. It’s been co-opted by an entire movement of FBAs to distinct themselves not just from whites, but from any black not considered FBA but we’ll save that for another day. They want to distinct themselves, how would that go over if Kenny Chesney wrote some stuff like “they’re nothing like us” in a beef with Hootie & The Blowfish or some shit, that every whiteboy would hashtag or bring up in their shining moments?

SAS yesterday said white ppl can’t chime in on the JJ Redick podcast w Lebron. No white person keeps their job after saying something like this. Zero exceptions. Not even Ernie. They’re entitled to “black spaces” free from white contamination cause “we not like them”. I’m tellin you, something’s up when black ppl can get away with such in your face racism that no other race could get away with. Kendrick’s phrase, seems to have centered this movement, and white ppl like in the op’s video are cheering it on.
From Genius.com

They not like us, they not like us, they not like us
They not like us, they not like us, they not like us
Genius Annotation
9 contributors
Kendrick comments on how Drake (and the people he surrounds himself with) are “not like us,” saying that anybody that Kendrick surrounds himself with would not replicate the behaviours that he refers to within the track, a contrast of pgLang and Top Dawg Entertainment with OVO Sound in terms of moral fibre, values and its ability to fit into Black American culture.

This theme of racial consideration has also likely been directed at Drake’s biracial background and the issues of acceptance that come with it, both from himself or from others. This subject has come up multiple times in Drake’s career, on his own tracks, such as November 2023’s “Wick Man”:

Black America love to remind me what my mama look like
As if I’d ever fuckin' forget
I’m never enough

And on other people’s songs too, such as Pusha T’s 2018 diss track “The Story of Adidon”:

Confused, always felt you weren’t Black enough
Afraid to grow it ‘cause your ‘fro wouldn’t nap enough

This can also be seen throughout the plethora of recent diss tracks between Drake and his opponents, including on Rick Ross’s “Champagne Moments”, where he would rap:

White boy, I see you, I see you

In reference to his White Jewish mother’s ethnic heritage and his suburban upbringing, linking back to the line with Kendrick pointing out that Drake’s childhood was unlike many of Black Americans that he attempts to fit in with. Alongside this, we can also analyse the track’s cover art, which sees an unknown White man’s yearbook photo that quickly became a meme in 2022 after it was identified that he comically resembled the Canadian rapper.

Above: the aforementioned cover art of Rick Ross's Champagne Moments
and Kendrick Lamar’s “euphoria”, on which he would state:

I even hate when you say the word “*****,” but that’s just me, I guess
Some shit just cringeworthy, it ain’t even gotta be deep, I guess
[…]
We don’t wanna hear you say “*****” no more
We don’t wanna hear you say “*****” no more
Stop

To even further increase the gap between the two, highlighting how he feels uncomfortable with his usage of the N-word as he doesn’t acknowledge him as a Black person.

Finally, it can also be found that Kendrick and Drake’s careers took off at around the same time. “They not like us” may allude to Kendrick’s commitment to authenticity and lyricism (the heart and soul of hip hop), in contrast to Drake’s catchy yet vapid songs. Here, Kendrick continues to differentiate himself from Drake not only on the basis of race, but also in terms of true commitment to the craft and its Black origins.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Rap was actually created by Jews. So Drake’s lineage is literally the founding father of Kendrick’s entire “culture”

How ironic.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

lettherebehouse wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:40 pm
elmerjfudd wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:25 pm It's always interesting to hear someone who had no interest in a "beef", elaborate what he thinks about a "beef"

I really didn’t. A couple ppl would axe like “aye house did you hear drake comeback, oh shit did you hear what Kendrick said”? I’m like no, I’m not keeping up with it.

So I’m bringing it up not cause the beef, but because the line “not like us” is gettin thrown around pretty casually by ppl outside the beef. As i mentioned in the OP, I got triggered out of nowhere by simply tuning into the hockey game too early, I got hit by what you just saw in the clip there. Who wouldn’t be triggered over that? Did you hear that behemoth?

So now I come to you, is the interpretation as it’s widely used now when saying “not like us”, meant to isolate their superiority or distinction from the rest of the world, taunting us with it? And if so, what would be the reaction from the “they” in that scenario had it been the other way around?

:noidea:
Could be, I honestly don't care enough to deep dive into Neicy Nash and/or Sherri Sheppards thoughts to know what they meant. The song has been number 1 for 2 months or maybe longer, they probably just liked the way it sounds and wanted to be cool.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Man I can’t stand n*ggers like this.. LA is a cesspool of degenerates these days. Thank god I got out 15 years ago.

Just look at this shit! I can’t wait for Drake to clap back I ain’t never liked Kendrick Lamar’s music.

https://youtube.com/shorts/3bjnKg343QM? ... kJ3XjJpHcN
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

lettherebehouse wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:31 pm “Not like us”

The Blacks that we brought are basically a worthless culture that bring nothing to the table. I wish we never brought them here as slaves...