Chad Ford: Bosh the likeliest of Big 3 to leave

Talk about anything here.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Chad Ford: Bosh the likeliest of Big 3 to leave

Post by Buckets »

Q: Opening night next year - Is the big 3 intact for Miami?

Chad Ford: Doubt it. But I'm not sure it will be LeBron that leaves. From what I can gather talking to teams and agents around the league, it's Chris Bosh who is the most likely to leave. LeBron and Wade are so good, I think we all forget what a force Bosh can be. Lots of teams would give him the max and feature him in ways Miami can't. LeBron might leave, but I think the odds are in Miami's favor.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/49933" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Re: Chad Ford: Bosh the likeliest of Big 3 to leave

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Bosh carried an entire franchise for 4-5 seasons before coming to Miami. He can still be a 20-10 guy if he's given more touches in the right system. But like LeBron and Wade, why would Bosh voluntarily choose to leave a winning situation?
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Bosh carried an entire franchise for 4-5 seasons before coming to Miami. He can still be a 20-10 guy if he's given more touches in the right system. But like LeBron and Wade, why would Bosh voluntarily choose to leave a winning situation?
I agree. However none of us know how Chris Bosh really feels about being the "3rd wheel". Most of the credit goes to LBJ and Wade with Bosh the likeliest scape goat if things go wrong. Maybe the big guy just wants some lovin
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

He will be the official second option next year. He's already the pro forma second option this year.

IMHO, Ford is talking out of his ass.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

WiseGuy wrote:He will be the official second option next year. He's already the pro forma second option this year.

More than likely. Wasn't there a post here yesterday with Ford saying Irving is talking to others PRIVATELY about leaving? Well if he's talking to people privately about it, how the hell does Chad Ford know? Irving must not have loyal friends.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Havlicekstealsit wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:He will be the official second option next year. He's already the pro forma second option this year.

More than likely. Wasn't there a post here yesterday with Ford saying Irving is talking to others PRIVATELY about leaving? Well if he's talking to people privately about it, how the hell does Chad Ford know? Irving must not have loyal friends.

Ford said GMS told him Bosh might leave because other organizations can give him a bigger role and more money. When I look at the free agency landscape I just don't see a better fit for him, especially given the fact he is the second option on the Heat.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

the only person of the big 3 that is a liability is Wade. I say trade him and make a play for Waithers or Stephenson.
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

AtiliusRegulus wrote:the only person of the big 3 that is a liability is Wade. I say trade him and make a play for Waithers or Stephenson.
No team is going to trade for a 32 year old player with suspect knees and a $42 million price tag. The Heat need to hope he can still be a difference maker.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

WiseGuy wrote:
AtiliusRegulus wrote:the only person of the big 3 that is a liability is Wade. I say trade him and make a play for Waithers or Stephenson.
No team is going to trade for a 32 year old player with suspect knees and a $42 million price tag. The Heat need to hope he can still be a difference maker.
well if Wade opts out, they can keep Bosh, and simply not re-sign Wade and go after another shooting guard.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

AtiliusRegulus wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:
well if Wade opts out, they can keep Bosh, and simply not re-sign Wade and go after another shooting guard.

Why would he opt out?

He's not getting $21 million a year anywhere else. Hopefully he opts out and accepts a longer contract for a bit more money over the length of the contract and less money per year. That would give the Heat more cap flexibility. Fifty million over four years would help the Heat and Wade.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

WiseGuy wrote:
Thats the big question IMO...can Wade hold up for another 4 years? And will LeBron want to bet his future on some shaky knees?
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

WiseGuy wrote:
AtiliusRegulus wrote:
WiseGuy wrote: No team is going to trade for a 32 year old player with suspect knees and a $42 million price tag. The Heat need to hope he can still be a difference maker.

Why would he opt out?

He's not getting $21 million a year anywhere else. Hopefully he opts out and accepts a longer contract for a bit more <a class="ktg6us78hf8vdu7" href="javascript:void(0)">money</a> over the length of the contract and less money per year. That would give the Heat more cap flexibility. Fifty million over four years would help the Heat and Wade.
Wade loves attention. He's going to opt out.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Buckets wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:
Thats the big question IMO...can Wade hold up for another 4 years? And will LeBron want to bet his future on some shaky knees?
Probably not at a high level but if renegotiates his contract to lessen the cap blow you have to hope the future takes care of itself. You can't have your cake and eat it too...
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

AtiliusRegulus wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:
AtiliusRegulus wrote: well if Wade opts out, they can keep Bosh, and simply not re-sign Wade and go after another shooting guard.

Why would he opt out?

He's not getting $21 million a year anywhere else. Hopefully he opts out and accepts a longer contract for a bit more <a class="ktg6us78hf8vdu7" href="javascript:void(0)">money</a> over the length of the contract and less money per year. That would give the Heat more cap flexibility. Fifty million over four years would help the Heat and Wade.
Wade loves attention. He's going to opt out.

If he opts out he has to do it with the knowledge that it's unlikely the chances of his recouping that $42 million are virtually non existent.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

WiseGuy wrote:
Buckets wrote:
WiseGuy wrote: No team is going to trade for a 32 year old player with suspect knees and a $42 million price tag. The Heat need to hope he can still be a difference maker.
Probably not at a high level but if renegotiates his contract to lessen the cap blow you have to hope the future takes care of itself. You can't have your cake and eat it too...
Remember the twitter feud when Durant said Wade wasn't a top 10 player. Wade thinks he is still amongst the best in the game. I doubt he'll want to take a pay cut, especially when he was the one who brought James and Bosh to "his team".
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Wade is done and his knees are not getting better. Because of this he spoils the rhythm of the Heats rotation.
dunkan5rings
Hall of Famer

Post by dunkan5rings »

Sudanese Sensation
Legend

AtiliusRegulus wrote:Wade is done and his knees are not getting better. Because of this he spoils the rhythm of the Heats rotation.

That's going a bit too far...I need more evidence...But I don't need any more evidence to know he will never be what he was.

I hope he takes a TD or KG like contract so the Heat can get younger and more athletic.

We'll see...
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

WiseGuy wrote:
AtiliusRegulus wrote:Wade is done and his knees are not getting better. Because of this he spoils the rhythm of the Heats rotation.

That's going a bit too far...I need more evidence...But I don't need any more evidence to know he will never be what he was.

I hope he takes a TD or KG like contract so the Heat can get younger and more athletic.

We'll see...
The Heat should give him a "Kobe contract" for all he has done for that organization. Without him, there would be no rings in Miami
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

NotAgain wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:

We'll see...
The Heat should give him a "Kobe contract" for all he has done for that organization. Without him, there would be no rings in Miami
That will cripple the Heat , just as Kobe's contract cripples the Lakers from a cap perspective.