Bill Russell dead at 88

Talk about anything here.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: Bill Russell dead at 88

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Sudanese Sensation wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:29 pm Maybe it's just not a good idea to rip icons from their era and put them in other eras.
Definitely not 60 years into the future.

The more and more distant the time periods, the harder and harder it is to get a sense of how a player would change growing up in the modern era.

Like those naked Greek dudes who did Pankration in the original Olympics in the days of the Ancient Greeks. There had to be a top dog of naked Pankration, but I wouldn't even attempt to curve or estimate how they would do in modern MMA if they grew up in the modern era. I would only be able to say with certainty that they would fight with clothes on because it would be way less gay and because I can't imagine it's comfortable fighting with your willy flopping around.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Titan18 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:03 pm
Bush4Ever. wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:56 pm
Titan18 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:45 pm
Oh okay. Yea, and Babe Ruth would make Mike Trout look like a chump and Yogi is the greatest winner or something.
Autism
Yes, this guy would be the best player in the MLB today by far. That’s why your arguments on basketball are so solid despite your glory days takes on baseball.

Lol

:mjlaugh:
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Grizz unironically thinks the Babe was as physically capable as Albert Pujols lol...
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

RIP in peace to Bill Russell. I guess Cousy is the last one standing now?

Also. Don't know about Ruth in today's game but I think Gehrig would be good.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Sudanese Sensation wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:01 pm Bush and Grizz, what would peak Russell look like in 2022? Thank you in advance.
I always heard a great argument for a healthy Bill Walton.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

To say Russell had to deal with some shit in his time is an understatement.

Tom Heinsohn:

"Look, all I know is, the guy won two NCAA championships, 50-some college games in a row, the Olympics, then he came to Boston and won 11 championships in 13 years, and they named a fucking tunnel after Ted Williams."

Probably a reason Bill didn't make an official retirement announcement, didn't even go to the '69 title parade, and just walked away from fans & the game for awhile.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:25 pm Grizz unironically thinks the Babe was as physically capable as Albert Pujols lol...
Not true. I believe he's significantly more capable than Pujols.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:40 pm
kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:25 pm Grizz unironically thinks the Babe was as physically capable as Albert Pujols lol...
Not true. I believe he's significantly more capable than Pujols.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

TDK levels of retard lmao
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Speaking of Baseball.. what a freakin' joke. Lead-off hitters with OBP's less than .300, all-stars batting .220, 3-4 hitters with .700-OPS's and 150-200 strikeouts, starting pitchers who can't throw more than 100 pitches.

This era of MLB is a complete joke. Ruth would hit 80 HR's a year today.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Will Pujols be able to hold on to get to 700 home runs?