Ranking the best TV shows all-time

Talk about anything here.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: Ranking the best TV shows all-time

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Uncontroversial wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:49 pm
lettherebehouse wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:35 pm I missed the boat on The Wire by like 20 years. Recently I gave S1E1 a chance and couldn’t get over how unauthentic the acting was by those thugs in the project.
trolling

for the uninformed: They literally hired thugs from the projects to play the thugs from the projects.

The Wire was awesome. Should be #2 or 3
Snoop is such a great character on that show.

The scene where she's buying the nail gun at the hardware store is hilarious.
Last edited by PhutureDynasty on Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Uncontroversial wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:49 pm
lettherebehouse wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:35 pm I missed the boat on The Wire by like 20 years. Recently I gave S1E1 a chance and couldn’t get over how unauthentic the acting was by those thugs in the project.
trolling

for the uninformed: They literally hired thugs from the projects to play the thugs from the projects.

The Wire was awesome. Should be #2 or 3

From the opening scene you have an angry street type brotha talm bout “snot”. Who shot Snot?

“They didn’t have to bust no cap in him though”

:kobefacepalm:
ElJorge
All-Star

Post by ElJorge »

I’m gonna give it another chance… I’m sure I’m just being impatient and mildly racist or something. But I swear to god if by episode 6 it hasn’t hooked me I’ll make you bastards pay for it.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

ElJorge wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:22 pm I’m gonna give it another chance… I’m sure I’m just being impatient and mildly racist or something. But I swear to god if by episode 6 it hasn’t hooked me I’ll make you bastards pay for it.
I did not watch Breaking Bad or The Wire until like 2021. Always heard Breaking Bad and The Wire were the 2 best shows ever. Watched Breaking Bad first and thought this is a great show. Now time for The Wire....I'm not sure if it didn't age well or what but I give it a 6 at best. I finished it, but I did not find it interesting at all. But most cop/detective type shows bore me to tears. Oh another show with crooked cops who hate their lives and their wives want to divorce them.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

manchild98 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:28 pm
ElJorge wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:22 pm I’m gonna give it another chance… I’m sure I’m just being impatient and mildly racist or something. But I swear to god if by episode 6 it hasn’t hooked me I’ll make you bastards pay for it.
I did not watch Breaking Bad or The Wire until like 2021. Always heard Breaking Bad and The Wire were the 2 best shows ever. Watched Breaking Bad first and thought this is a great show. Now time for The Wire....I'm not sure if it didn't age well or what but I give it a 6 at best. I finished it, but I did not find it interesting at all. But most cop/detective type shows bore me to tears. Oh another show with crooked cops who hate their lives and their wives want to divorce them.

Say no more. I’m bailing on this project.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

The Wire should be higher.

Not sure why Band of Brothers is so high. It felt more like a documentary, characters were not compelling to me.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

manchild98 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:28 pm
My brother watched the Wire recently and loved it.
xer0
Hall of Famer

Post by xer0 »

There are no good modern shows anymore, they are all filled with woke propaganda.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

xer0 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:48 pm There are no good modern shows anymore, they are all filled with woke propaganda.
Not sure about the woke part. United States and most other countries have just become thin skinned. Fat momma and sister jokes offend almost everyone today. :suds: