Is this the new AngerGeneral?

Talk about anything here.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Is this the new AngerGeneral?

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Did AG members attend an MCS seminar about how to drive message board traffic recently?

Titan18
In Theo we trust

Re: Is this the new AngerGeneral?

Post by Titan18 »

Please explain further
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

We are lucky to have one really good thread per day.

There just aren't enough quantity of posters, nor is there enough *intelligent* tension/conflict amongst different posters to make things smart or funny.

It's basically choir-preaching-to-choir about politics/society and Artman being fat/autistic/fat these days. A basketball topic per day and Madness being super duper edgy sometimes fill in around the edges.

We might not be in The End Times, but we are definitely in The Slow Decline Times.
Last edited by Bush4Ever. on Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

I mean… mix it up. People bitch about it being slow but don’t really do anything to fix it. Ironically… bitching about it being slow generates conversation, but it’s usually just waah waah waah shit.

How about this… why don’t you nignogs talk about what’s new in your lives?
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

LNS wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:35 pm I mean… mix it up. People bitch about it being slow but don’t really do anything to fix it. Ironically… bitching about it being slow generates conversation, but it’s usually just waah waah waah shit.

How about this… why don’t you nignogs talk about what’s new in your lives?

I was just asking the question.

I haven't been around. It didn't seem this slow "back in the day."

I apologize for not being around to carry your asses. So let's get you guys in some semblance of tip-top shape before I inevitably bounce again (which is admittedly very soon).
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Bro, who is this new poster? AbeVigodaLive? Never heard of him. Is he from MCS or the old ESPN forums? :noidea:
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Glad to have you back Abe!
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

It’s not like you’ve been gone since 2015. You left earlier this year and board was as dead then as it is now. Just the new way of life at AG but we keep chugging along.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Today's a slow Friday but it's not terrible really.

We need a new secret agent or something.

Maybe a certain psychologist could make a comeback and diagnose the issues. Adorn our walls with their palatial insight.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

It's definitely not as rapid ping-pong material as it felt like back in the day. From late 2015 until maybe this past January there was plenty of discourse, certainly not focused on sports or silly office/family stuff. It's safe to say we all know who filled the subject headings most during that time. And he still does, in every 3rd Arty/Madness post.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:55 pm Today's a slow Friday but it's not terrible really.

We need a new secret agent or something.

Maybe a certain psychologist could make a comeback and diagnose the issues. Adorn our walls with their palatial insight.
:L

There is so much wrong here. I hope it was intentional.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Clevetown is missed
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Titan18 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:03 pm Clevetown is missed
He lurks.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

It’s real cute when Abe tries to pretend like he wasn’t lurking this board everyday during his hiatus.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Let’s face facts, too. A lot of us lead boring lives, so there’s not much to talk about. My days off (Mon-Thurs) are literally take my kids to school, go to the gym and workout for 2.5 hours, eat breakfast, nap/recover, pick my kids up from school, have dinner, sex, bedtime. In between all of that I’ll read a little, listen to music, watch YouTube, fuck off on AG… and then it’s work 5am-6:30pm Fri-Sun.

Personally I’m content though. As lame as it sounds I’ve never been able to focus on my exercise routine like this before, and working 40 hours a week > working 60-70 hours a week.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

LNS wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:19 pm Let’s face facts, too. A lot of us lead boring lives, so there’s not much to talk about. My days off (Mon-Thurs) are literally take my kids to school, go to the gym and workout for 2.5 hours, eat breakfast, nap/recover, pick my kids up from school, have dinner, sex, bedtime. In between all of that I’ll read a little, listen to music, watch YouTube, fuck off on AG… and then it’s work 5am-6:30pm Fri-Sun.

Personally I’m content though. As lame as it sounds I’ve never been able to focus on my exercise routine like this before, and working 40 hours a week > working 60-70 hours a week.

Your wife seems to have forgiven you for abandoning the family to bone somebody else.

Good for you.
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

I see a lot of new threads on the first page
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

AbeVigodaLive wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:49 pm
LNS wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:19 pm Let’s face facts, too. A lot of us lead boring lives, so there’s not much to talk about. My days off (Mon-Thurs) are literally take my kids to school, go to the gym and workout for 2.5 hours, eat breakfast, nap/recover, pick my kids up from school, have dinner, sex, bedtime. In between all of that I’ll read a little, listen to music, watch YouTube, fuck off on AG… and then it’s work 5am-6:30pm Fri-Sun.

Your wife seems to have forgiven you for abandoning the family to bone somebody else.

Good for you.
I mean she convinced me to come down here so she damn well better have.

And if someone divorces and the family moves apart how is that abandoning? Granted we weren’t divorced but we were on that path. But thankfully she got me to come down here, and whether I like the city or not I’m still glad we’re working things out.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

LNS wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:07 pm
AbeVigodaLive wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:49 pm

Good for you.
I mean she convinced me to come down here so she damn well better have.

And if someone divorces and the family moves apart how is that abandoning? Granted we weren’t divorced but we were on that path. But thankfully she got me to come down here, and whether I like the city or not I’m still glad we’re working things out.
Honestly though, there's got to be a bit of you that's happy to be in Idaho right now during this pandemic than California. I seriously doubt anyone near you takes the pandemic seriously. When you get a chance you need to check out northern Idaho as well. The Salmon river is really pretty country.