Bush, your Purdon't dorms are getting a little stabby

Talk about anything here.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Bush, your Purdon't dorms are getting a little stabby

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/purdue-univer ... 00598.html

A 20-year-old Purdue University student was killed in his dorm room early Wednesday and his roommate is in custody, school officials said.

Varun Manish Chheda, a senior majoring in data science, was found dead in his room at McCutcheon Hall, a residence hall on the school's campus in West Lafayette, Indiana, after the suspect called 911 to report the incident at 12:44 a.m. local time, Purdue University Chief of Police Lesley Weite said at a news conference Wednesday.

The suspect, 22-year-old Gji Min Sha, a junior majoring in cyber security, is in custody on a charge of murder, Weite said. He is an international student from Korea, she said.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: Bush, your Purdon't dorms are getting a little stabby

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Purdue is good at a lot of things and great at some things, but it's pretty rotten in terms of mental health help and teaching students how to deal with stress and how to link up with resources.

I don't recall anyone getting murdered when I was there (except IU when we played them in football HAR HAR HAR), but there were always multiple suicides every semester and from what I hear it's gotten even worse in the last decade or so.

Pretty rigorous demands in STEM (especially engineering) + high academic achievers/expectations (often foreign based)+ socially retarded + mismanaged mental health institutionally = no bueno