Thinking about getting this TV. LG 65" 4K.

Talk about anything here.
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Re: Thinking about getting this TV. LG 65" 4K.

Post by Kennethgriffin »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Rug doesn't bring the room together.

youre such a queer sometimes
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kennethgriffin wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Rug doesn't bring the room together.

youre such a queer sometimes

Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

swampgator wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:These threads always make me feel self conscious about my recent TV purchase for my basement.
Did you get that Samsung from Costco?
I did. I like it. Looks real nice.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:These threads always make me feel self conscious about my recent TV purchase for my basement.

I think it's time you take a photo of it. Don't bother picking up.
For Abe. Ignore all the crap currently on the mantel. My wife decorated for Halloween upstairs so she put all the stuff from upstairs and put it on the mantel. This is the best I've got for now. The TV pulls out and you can angle it however you want.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

For Abe. Ignore all the crap currently on the mantel. My wife decorated for Halloween upstairs so she put all the stuff from upstairs and put it on the mantel. This is the best I've got for now. The TV pulls out and you can angle it however you want.

get rid of that mantel and wall mount that tv above the fireplace
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Kennethgriffin wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

No. We specifically didn't want it above the fireplace. You have terrible taste.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Looking good. Nice swans? Are those rubber band balls? Or those twig-like balls?

I'm putting on a deck. You want photos to comment on?

[Note: Good photoediting...]
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

You guys wall mounted a TV above an entertainment center?

Not being an ass, but what is the point?
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Looking good. Nice swans? Are those rubber band balls? Or those twig-like balls?

I'm putting on a deck. You want photos to comment on?

[Note: Good photoediting...]

The swans were my Grandma's and were passed down to me just recently. They are the only things that are staying after Halloween. We've got some art that's going up as soon as I get it framed. The balls are wicker and normally go in a glass lantern upstairs.

I'd love to see your deck... (That didn't come out right)
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

No. We specifically didn't want it above the fireplace. You have terrible taste.

any time a husband says "we didn't want it" ... they really mean "she didn't want it"

i watch HGTV and all those home buying/decor shows.. i know that its ALWAYS the womans decisions.

and as for taste

this ^ looks tasty as fuck

it all has to do with whether or not your tv is bigger than the fireplace.. if its the same size or smaller then it looks tacky
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

swampgator wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

You guys wall mounted a TV above an entertainment center?

Not being an ass, but what is the point?
To eliminate the wires seen and get it up higher. Plus since it's mounted we can pull it out from the wall and angle it for the couch whenever that gets here.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Lol @ not being able to afford samsung's new 110 inch 4K tv at 150 muahfuggin G's

Not even Kenneth could afford that :lol:

I'll probably pick me up like 3 or 4 of them for my sports bar... Clean thanks!

https://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-1 ... d/preview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Kennethgriffin wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:

any time a husband says "we didn't want it" ... they really mean "she didn't want it"

i watch HGTV and all those home buying/decor shows.. i know that its ALWAYS the womans decisions.

and as for taste

it all has to do with whether or not your tv is bigger than the fireplace.. if its the same size or smaller then it looks tacky
The TV is too high and the silver frame looks stupid and gotti. It doesn't surprise me that you like it. The stairs are cool but would never work with a family that has no small kids. The room isn't functional. To watch TV you'd have to bend your next and look up which isn't comfortable.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

and as for taste

The TV is too high and the silver frame looks stupid and gotti. It doesn't surprise me that you like it. The stairs are cool but would never work with a family that has no small kids. The room isn't functional. To watch TV you'd have to bend your next and look up which isn't comfortable.

Same viewing angle he posted that he himself watches from earlier in this thread lol. He cranes his neck like a retard from a four foot distance to watch an overpriced 65" TV. Literally a TV watching fail across the board lol
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:

and as for taste

Same viewing angle he posted that he himself watches from earlier in this thread lol. He cranes his neck like a retard from a four foot distance to watch an overpriced 65" TV. Literally a TV watching fail across the board lol

you fucking boob... my neck wrests on the pillow ... the tv tilts down

and how is it overpriced if i paid half price LOL
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

LG is always a good choice in TV brands, though I prefer Samsung myself. Just picked up a new 60" 4k from them a few weeks ago. Love it.

Sony is good too, but usually pricier than LG or Samsung for pretty similar features and quality. You're going to pay extra for a Sony just because it's a Sony.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

ripper76 wrote:LG is always a good choice in TV brands, though I prefer Samsung myself. Just picked up a new 60" 4k from them a few weeks ago. Love it.

Sony is good too, but usually pricier than LG or Samsung for pretty similar features and quality. You're going to pay extra for a Sony just because it's a Sony.
I've heard that Forza Horizon 2 on the new Xbox One S on a 4K TV is the best looking console game ever made.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
ripper76 wrote:LG is always a good choice in TV brands, though I prefer Samsung myself. Just picked up a new 60" 4k from them a few weeks ago. Love it.

I've heard that Forza Horizon 2 on the new Xbox One S on a 4K TV is the best looking console game ever made.
Have not played that yet, but a lot of games do look pretty amazing on it. I hadn't planned to buy a new TV but the old one got knocked out during a storm. Had the TV on a surge protector but that was a few years old, probably needed to be replaced. Kind of glad it happened though, because I like the new TV a lot. Thankfully for consumers, TVs are almost a commodity now. You can get something great for under two grand. No need to spend any more than that unless you have money to burn or just want the absolute latest and greatest.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

Just brought the LG home and going to set up now. The wife isn't happy, lol.
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

swampgator wrote:Just brought the LG home and going to set up now. The wife isn't happy, lol.
1st lesson:

women are never happy

any money spent on anything outside of home decor, jewelry for her, children, vacations or kitchen/cleaning appliances is considered a waste

if she can't brag about it to her friends or on facebook. then it isn't a necessity
Last edited by Kennethgriffin on Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.