So Hellary avoided taxes just like Trump...

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: So Hellary avoided taxes just like Trump...

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Robceltsfan wrote:Riley, your beef is with TAX LAW, not those that take advantage of it.
EVERY SINGLE PERSON would pay less taxes if given the legal option to do so. So you need to bitch about the laws, not the folks that expose those laws.

It is YOU that has a double standard.
Not sportswise... he told me the other day that he runs a large, successful business and has no problem taxes.

:noidea:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

lettherebehouse wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

Not all double standards are bad, as in this case.
Well, that is definitely the Republican calling card...

Republicans = Logic and sound judgement for the greater good of country

Democrats = Emotional and good/bad feelsies for humanity

Prosperity >>>>> Feelings
Democrats = benefits to the many, at the expense of a few
Republicans = benefits to the few, at the expense of many
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

Bush4Ever wrote:Murdering one person is okay, because someone else murdered ten.

#progressivelogic
If you support one but not the other that implies a certain bias. #closedmindedbias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

Robceltsfan wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
I would say yes, that's true. There are more poor people than rich, so there are more opportunities for abuse, proportionately.

And stop trying to change the conversation. We're talking about rich people LEGALLY lowering their federal income tax responsibility. And we both AGREE that it's wrong and the tax laws need to be fixed to eliminate these loopholes.

Again, you're howling at the moon.
Who do you think costs this country more money...poor people who abuse the system, or rich people who abuse the system?

And we both don't really agree...You have a MUCH BIGGER bias toward poor people and their actions vs. rich people despite the fact that social welfare is only a drop in the bucket of what corporate welfare costs this country...
I find it sad, or even disingenuous on your part that you suggest that rich people don't cheat, hide money, fudge the numbers, make ficticious writeoffs, at the same rate that poor people do...despite the fact that there less "Rich" people, their indiscretions cost this country much more than some welfare queen does...
It depends on your view of "costs". If we're just talking about welfare versus tax "dodging", then I agree with you. Of course the rich carry a larger burden of wealth and supposed tax requirement. At the same time, many of the super-rich pay many other taxes that have nothing to do with income. They lap the field in terms of paying taxes in any given year, whether it be through real estate taxes, property taxes, consumption taxes, etc.

This says nothing of corporations, which is a different topic.

A flat tax would be a WONDERFUL solution, but do you know who would be most opposed to a flat tax? The poor. Why pay a flat 10% or 15% when you currently pay 0%.
What poor people pay zero? Poor people don't eat?

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

LookAway wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Who do you think costs this country more money...poor people who abuse the system, or rich people who abuse the system?

And we both don't really agree...You have a MUCH BIGGER bias toward poor people and their actions vs. rich people despite the fact that social welfare is only a drop in the bucket of what corporate welfare costs this country...
I find it sad, or even disingenuous on your part that you suggest that rich people don't cheat, hide money, fudge the numbers, make ficticious writeoffs, at the same rate that poor people do...despite the fact that there less "Rich" people, their indiscretions cost this country much more than some welfare queen does...
It depends on your view of "costs". If we're just talking about welfare versus tax "dodging", then I agree with you. Of course the rich carry a larger burden of wealth and supposed tax requirement. At the same time, many of the super-rich pay many other taxes that have nothing to do with income. They lap the field in terms of paying taxes in any given year, whether it be through real estate taxes, property taxes, consumption taxes, etc.

A flat tax would be a WONDERFUL solution, but do you know who would be most opposed to a flat tax? The poor. Why pay a flat 10% or 15% when you currently pay 0%.

Are you completely avoiding the main topic of Federal income tax, or is this a troll attempt? I can't tell...
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

Robceltsfan wrote:
LookAway wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

Are you completely avoiding the main topic of Federal income tax, or is this a troll attempt? I can't tell...
You weren't specific, you said no taxes. I also need a link to something that says poor people pay 0 fed taxes

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

LookAway wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
LookAway wrote:

You weren't specific, you said no taxes. I also need a link to something that says poor people pay 0 fed taxes

http://www.businessinsider.com/43-of-am ... tax-2013-9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
LookAway
All-Time Great

So Hellary avoided taxes just like Trump...

Post by LookAway »

Robceltsfan wrote:
LookAway wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

http://www.businessinsider.com/43-of-am ... tax-2013-9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
People making under 20k, so Burger King workers? They probably receive government assistance too those impoverished tax cheats
Also payroll tax entitles you not to pay Fed tax, that is bs. I guess that is how Trump is beating the system

Last edited by LookAway on Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

LookAway wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
LookAway wrote:

People making under 20k, so Burger King workers? They probably receive government assistance too those impoverished tax cheats

What does any of that have to do with my point(s)?

~George Carlin~
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

Robceltsfan wrote:
LookAway wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

You were correct, poor people don't pay Fed tax, you want to switch with them? You feed your family with 20k and they'll pay your taxes?

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Companies like Burger King continue to not only keep their employees at a poverty level to force taxpayers to pick up the slack, but then, on the other end they will enjoy all of the corporate welfare benefits Republicans fight so hard for...
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

LookAway wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
LookAway wrote:

You were correct, poor people don't pay Fed tax, you want to switch with them? You feed your family with 20k and they'll pay your taxes?

I'm good. I'll take my college degree, student loans, and present salary. I don't need to flip burgers for a living. I worked fast food in highschool.

~George Carlin~
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

Robceltsfan wrote:
LookAway wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

I'm good. I'll take my college degree, student loans, and present salary. I don't need to flip burgers for a living. I worked fast food in highschool.
How much are the Feds losing on that low loan rate? Entitled Bastage lol

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

LookAway wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
LookAway wrote:

6.9%? That's not low...

~George Carlin~
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

Robceltsfan wrote:
LookAway wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

6.9%? That's not low...
Wow, and no lube Image

Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

rileymartin wrote:Companies like Burger King continue to not only keep their employees at a poverty level to force taxpayers to pick up the slack, but then, on the other end they will enjoy all of the corporate welfare benefits Republicans fight so hard for...
What skills does it take to work for Burger King????????
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

Da Stars. wrote:
rileymartin wrote:Companies like Burger King continue to not only keep their employees at a poverty level to force taxpayers to pick up the slack, but then, on the other end they will enjoy all of the corporate welfare benefits Republicans fight so hard for...
@Deez Na, can you field that one?
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

:pjaxlol:

~George Carlin~
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

ripper76 wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:
@Deez Na, can you field that one?
Damn it Ripper, get off my line.......... Was funny as hell thow.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

Democrats=The Grasshopper.

Republicans=The Ant.