Talk about anything here.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Re: 76ers gonna give Barnes 95 mil for 4 years

Post by elmouse03 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
I'd like to see that. Get it done GarPax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like I said. Depends on the price but with the cap going up overpaying will be a way of life in the NBA now-a-days
I just think he's at best an average player. I don't think he's a number 3 guy. He was at best number 4 on the Warriors and a weak link, with arguably one or two bench guys actually being more valuable than him. He's just not very good.
You're not gonna be saying that when he goes to the Grizzlies for the money that Conley wants. :cena:
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

elmouse03 wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:
Like I said. Depends on the price but with the cap going up overpaying will be a way of life in the NBA now-a-days
I just think he's at best an average player. I don't think he's a number 3 guy. He was at best number 4 on the Warriors and a weak link, with arguably one or two bench guys actually being more valuable than him. He's just not very good.
You're not gonna be saying that when he goes to the Grizzlies for the money that Conley wants. :cena:
Don't even joke about that....
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
I'd like to see that. Get it done GarPax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair, is there some recency bias there?

Remember, he was playing decent ball in the NBA Finals before playing purely putrid basketball.

For example, he had a 6 - 10 fg and 7 - 11 fg game. And went 4 - 5 on threes in Game 4 along with 8 rebounds. More importantly, I think teams are interested in his versatility defensively. He's not all-world, but he's capable of switching at 3 or even 4 or even 5 positions depending on matchups. I see/hear the same alarm bells as you do. We've seen other guys like him in the past.

But in today's crazy world of money, money, money flowing everywhere... I can see why somebody will give him $20+M.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:

Remember, he was playing decent ball in the NBA Finals before playing purely putrid basketball.

For example, he had a 6 - 10 fg and 7 - 11 fg game. And went 4 - 5 on threes in Game 4 along with 8 rebounds. More importantly, I think teams are interested in his versatility defensively. He's not all-world, but he's capable of switching at 3 or even 4 or even 5 positions depending on matchups. I see/hear the same alarm bells as you do. We've seen other guys like him in the past.

But in today's crazy world of money, money, money flowing everywhere... I can see why somebody will give him $20+M.
I don't think so. I am actually looking at the body of work for the year when he should have been motivated as hell in a contract year. He reminds me a bit of a guy like Jeff Green, in the sense that you think he should be more than he is, but he just isn't.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

I don't think so. I am actually looking at the body of work for the year when he should have been motivated as hell in a contract year. He reminds me a bit of a guy like Jeff Green, in the sense that you think he should be more than he is, but he just isn't.

I don't disagree with the Jeff Green angle.

I'm just saying that with all this money, it's not going to cripple a franchise like the 76ers to overspend for him.

[Note: My prediction is that he ends up back in GS for a bit less than the max. I'm thinking a D. Green type contract where both sides give a bit to keep the band together.]
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Memphis wants Barnes
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Where is Conley going to end up? Spurs? Nets? Back to Grizzlies?
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Can't even get Grizz to bite on an old link. Dang
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

zombiesonics wrote:Where is Conley going to end up? Spurs? Nets? Back to Grizzlies?
If the Nets have a shot to get Conley, why aren't the Sixers in the Conley sweepstakes?
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

elmerjfudd wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:Where is Conley going to end up? Spurs? Nets? Back to Grizzlies?
If the Nets have a shot to get Conley, why aren't the Sixers in the Conley sweepstakes?

I see the Nets are going to dump Jarrett Jack.

They might challenge the 9 - 73 mark next season... but won't have a draft pick on the other side to show for it.

Ouch.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
elmerjfudd wrote:

They might challenge the 9 - 73 mark next season... but won't have a draft pick on the other side to show for it.

Ouch.
hooray for boston :L
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:remember...

1. Philly has to spend about $40M to reach the cap FLOOR.
2. The cap goes up another $13 - $18M next season.
I don't care. Find another way to spend the dough, other than Harrison Barnes...
^
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

elmerjfudd wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
elmerjfudd wrote:

Ouch.
hooray for boston :L

:wadeohhh: :banderas: :trump: :timmy: :jrsmith: :lebronumad: :handsup: :haha2: :ohshitgif: :50centlol: :popcorn4: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~