This story is crazy to me

Talk about anything here.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

This story is crazy to me

Post by Ghostown42 »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/aclu ... t-21630589" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A teacher refuses to teach science in the classroom, and instead teaches creationism. Some of the "curriculum" she included in the classroom:

-The universe was created 6,000 years ago by the Christian god.

-The Big Band Theory and evolution are both false. (Keep in mind, this is a public school).

It gets better. Here's some other things she has said.

"If evolution was real, apes would still be turning into humans today." (You can see here that she understands nothing about evolution...damn, how did she get a job teaching SCIENCE???)

It gets better. Here's one of her sample test questions:

"Isn't it amazing what the ________ has made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (The answer is "lord") and yes, this is verbatim. I triple-checked to make sure I included the correct number of exclamation marks (26).

And it gets BETTER. A Buddhist student complained to her one day, saying they were supposed to learn actual science, that this was a science class, not Sunday school. And her response was, "You're stupid if you don't believe in god." Which had absolutely nothing to do with what he said...lol.

So, when the school did nothing about it, the student and his parents went to the superintendent, and her response was awesome.

"This is the bible belt. You shouldn't be offended to see god here. You should either change your faith or just go to a school that has more Asians."

That is AWESOME. Her response was basically, "I don't want to do my job, maybe you should go be with your own kind." Unbelievable. Man, how easy would it be to graduate from this school district? Granted, you wouldn't learn anything, but school would be an absolute breeze. "God is great." "Way to go, Billy! A plus for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (26 exclamation points are essential).
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Re: This story is crazy to me

Post by AlaskaHawks »

It's funny how upset this teacher has made you. For that reason alone, I say well done.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

I don't get mad at religious folks anymore. If that's what they want to waste their time doing, so be it. As long as they don't try to involve me I'm fine.

Now, if my son were in this class, in a public school, it would very rightly piss me off. They have religion courses available to kids. Science class needs to teach science theories, not theology.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

The liberal faggot op would rather the class taught safe anal sex for homos.
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

God created the universe. End of story.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Robceltsfan wrote:I don't get mad at religious folks anymore. If that's what they want to waste their time doing, so be it. As long as they don't try to involve me I'm fine.

Now, if my son were in this class, in a public school, it would very rightly piss me off. They have religion courses available to kids. Science class needs to teach science theories, not theology.
This is the way I feel. Religion needs to stay out of the science classroom.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Ghostown42 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:I don't get mad at religious folks anymore. If that's what they want to waste their time doing, so be it. As long as they don't try to involve me I'm fine.

Religion needs to be a presence in every classroom in some capacity. We're only here because of God.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

kobeunderbite wrote:The liberal faggot op would rather the class taught safe anal sex for homos.
I am a huge advocate of teaching safe sex, whether it's for gay or straight people. Are you in favor of teaching unsafe sex?
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

kobeunderbite wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:

Religion needs to be a presence in every classroom in some capacity. We're only here because of God.
That's your opinion, and that's fine. Lots of other people have different opinions. Some people don't believe in a god, and it's their right to do so. You do not have a right to force your religion onto others. Religion is a faith, not a fact. You have a right to whatever faith you want to practice, you do not have a right to call your faith a fact and teach it to influence children and teenagers. That's what Sunday school is for. It belongs nowhere in the science classroom.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Ghostown42 wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote: This is the way I feel. Religion needs to stay out of the science classroom.
That's your opinion, and that's fine. Lots of other people have different opinions. Some people don't believe in a god, and it's their right to do so. You do not have a right to force your religion onto others. Religion is a faith, not a fact. You have a right to whatever faith you want to practice, you do not have a right to call your faith a fact and teach it to influence children and teenagers. That's what Sunday school is for. It belongs nowhere in the science classroom.
I don't care if they don't believe in God, God still exists and belongs in every classroom.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

kobeunderbite wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote: Religion needs to be a presence in every classroom in some capacity. We're only here because of God.
I don't care if they don't believe in God, God still exists and belongs in every classroom.
I'm sorry, but your god is not a fact, it's a faith. You should know that as it's preached as a faith every single Sunday. And our country is not one of faith, it's one of laws. Our founding fathers said that we have freedom of religion here. We are free to worship or not worship in any way we see fit. You have no right to force your religion onto impressionable young children. That's their parents' jobs. Don't worry, 80% of these kids will end up choosing Christianity. It's not like you're fighting a losing battle.

BTW, if you really are a Christian, you really suck at it, just like Clevetown.
Last edited by Ghostown42 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Ghostown42 wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote: That's your opinion, and that's fine. Lots of other people have different opinions. Some people don't believe in a god, and it's their right to do so. You do not have a right to force your religion onto others. Religion is a faith, not a fact. You have a right to whatever faith you want to practice, you do not have a right to call your faith a fact and teach it to influence children and teenagers. That's what Sunday school is for. It belongs nowhere in the science classroom.
I'm sorry, but your god is not a fact, it's a faith. Our founding fathers said that we have freedom of religion here. We are free to worship or not worship in any way we see fit. You have no right to force your religion onto impressionable young children. That's their parents' jobs. Don't worry, 80% of these kids will end up choosing Christianity. It's not like you're fighting a losing battle.

BTW, if you really are a Christian, you really suck at it.
I'm not a Christian. I didn't know only Christians' believe in God.

Ignorant twit.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

kobeunderbite wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote: I don't care if they don't believe in God, God still exists and belongs in every classroom.
I'm sorry, but your god is not a fact, it's a faith. Our founding fathers said that we have freedom of religion here. We are free to worship or not worship in any way we see fit. You have no right to force your religion onto impressionable young children. That's their parents' jobs. Don't worry, 80% of these kids will end up choosing Christianity. It's not like you're fighting a losing battle.

Ignorant twit.
Oh, interesting. I thought that since you were arguing in favor of a teacher that is a fundamentalist Christian, I assumed...my mistake. So what is your religion? Islam? Buddhism? Scientology?
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Ghostown42 wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote: I'm sorry, but your god is not a fact, it's a faith. Our founding fathers said that we have freedom of religion here. We are free to worship or not worship in any way we see fit. You have no right to force your religion onto impressionable young children. That's their parents' jobs. Don't worry, 80% of these kids will end up choosing Christianity. It's not like you're fighting a losing battle.

Ignorant twit.
Oh, interesting. I thought that since you were arguing in favor of a teacher that is a fundamentalist Christian, I assumed...my mistake. So what is your religion? Islam? Buddhism? Scientology?
When in this thread did I argue in favor of this teachers beliefs?
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

kobeunderbite wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:

Ignorant twit.
So you don't believe that she is right to force the Christian god onto her students and to teach them that all science is a myth, just like religion? Thank god we have one more sane religious person in the world.

And why won't you admit what your religion is? Are you ashamed to admit you are Muslim or something?
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Ghostown42 wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote: Oh, interesting. I thought that since you were arguing in favor of a teacher that is a fundamentalist Christian, I assumed...my mistake. So what is your religion? Islam? Buddhism? Scientology?
So you don't believe that she is right to force the Christian god onto her students and to teach them that all science is a myth, just like religion? Thank god we have one more sane religious person in the world.

And why won't you admit what your religion is? Are you ashamed to admit you are Muslim or something?
It's none of your business you damned clown.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

kobeunderbite wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote: When in this thread did I argue in favor of this teachers beliefs?

It's none of your business you damned clown.
Why are you so defensive? It's okay if you like to worship Allah, or Ron L. Hubbard. I won't judge you. Lots of Christians will, but I won't.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

kobeunderbite wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote: Religion needs to be a presence in every classroom in some capacity. We're only here because of God.
Let's do god and the scientific method
1. Q: Does god exist?
2. No research evidence available.
3. 'If god exists, there must be some evidence.'
4. Collect evidence.
5. No evidence available. Therefore we must conclude...
6. Results are self-evident.
Yes!
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Ali Natural
Superstar

Post by Ali Natural »

Lol @ all those natives who are rotting in hell for not converting when Jesus came to America.