Talk about anything here.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Re: 2015 Anger General Greatest post-merger Players of All Time #34

Post by AlaskaHawks »

King Deez wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Bush4Ever wrote:
It's perfectly fair to say his peak was higher than Parish's (I would probably agree, but I don't think the difference is overwhelmingly large), it just should be framed in a multi-year manner as opposed to "He took apart KG in a handful of games/moments in the Finals one year".

For what it's worth, it wasn't like Garnett was in his prime in 2010. The guy's rebounding was only about 60% of what he was in his prime.
What's up with your fingernail brah.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
King Deez wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

For what it's worth, it wasn't like Garnett was in his prime in 2010. The guy's rebounding was only about 60% of what he was in his prime.
Deez got a D- in kindergarten. Drawing class was a bitch. Good for him that he didn't eat the Playdoh so he could move on to 1st grade.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
King Deez wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I took classes from Artie
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

Pau definitely has a longer stretch of high level play than just the 2010 finals. In fact, other than when Perkins was guarding him in the 2008 finals (and when Perk was out in game 5 Pau handled a healthy KG in that game too), Pau's 2008-2010 stretch was brilliant. And outside of that stretch, he's had several high level regular seasons, such as the 3 where he led the Grizz to the playoffs, and all NBA seasons in 2011 and 2015.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

Robceltsfan wrote:Parish or Zo.

Hmmmmmm...
Who won you over for this round?

:noidea:

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Bush4Ever wrote:This will be quick, because I got to run.

1. Gasol's playoff years where he played the bulk of his games took place in the ages usually associated with peak performance. On the other hand, Parish not only played way more playoff games, he played them all over the age range, with roughly 40 games taking place past the age Gasol is now.

2. It's better to look at *ranks* as opposed to raw values when comparing PER across eras.

3. In my eyes, there isn't a *radical* difference between them in terms of peak performance (Parish has 3 top 10 PER ranks, Gasol has 2), in general hardware (Parish has 9 AS games to Gasol's 5--although played in a tougher era position-wise, all-nbas not amazingly difference, etc...), or team success via role (neither did anything as a lead dog, both won multiple rings in a major secondary role, etc....

4. Where I *do* think they part ways is on a career front in volume statistics. Parish is 7th all time in rebounds, Gasol barely inches into the top 50. Parish is 26th in points, Gasol is 64th, Parish is better on blocks, etc....

I don't Gasol makes up that type of gap in the other areas we usually discuss. YMMV (I do think Gasol is a reasonable choice for this spot though).
So who is your choice?

americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

y2ktors wrote:

1. Gasol's playoff years where he played the bulk of his games took place in the ages usually associated with peak performance. On the other hand, Parish not only played way more playoff games, he played them all over the age range, with roughly 40 games taking place past the age Gasol is now.

2. It's better to look at *ranks* as opposed to raw values when comparing PER across eras.

3. In my eyes, there isn't a *radical* difference between them in terms of peak performance (Parish has 3 top 10 PER ranks, Gasol has 2), in general hardware (Parish has 9 AS games to Gasol's 5--although played in a tougher era position-wise, all-nbas not amazingly difference, etc...), or team success via role (neither did anything as a lead dog, both won multiple rings in a major secondary role, etc....

4. Where I *do* think they part ways is on a career front in volume statistics. Parish is 7th all time in rebounds, Gasol barely inches into the top 50. Parish is 26th in points, Gasol is 64th, Parish is better on blocks, etc....

I don't Gasol makes up that type of gap in the other areas we usually discuss. YMMV (I do think Gasol is a reasonable choice for this spot though).
So who is your choice?
He voted Parish on the first page, second post.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

I count four votes for pau.

Me
Grizz
Phuture
Dwc
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

Three confirmed for parish

Bush
Mouse
Infidel
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

americaninfidel wrote:
y2ktors wrote:

So who is your choice?
He voted Parish on the first page, second post.
Right on. :coachbe:

Y2K

Post by Y2K »

The round closes tomorrow at 9 am CST.

Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Not many votes in this round but we will move on at noon CST.

Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

Will you do a recount before moving on?
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Odogg wrote:Will you do a recount before moving on?
Yes. I'll get the next round started after recounting the votes in this round.

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Parish
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Robceltsfan wrote:Parish
:clap: