Grizz.

Talk about anything here.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Grizz.

Post by Da Stars. »

Nice to see a post from you. How are you feeling? How did Surgery go?
town bidness
All-Star

Re: Grizz.

Post by town bidness »

oh shit, welcome back grizz.

hopefully all is well.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

I knew you'd be back sooner than later grizz.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

Grizz, Where are you? I want to know also, how are you doing? I remember you kicking it with me about your hip surgery.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Hey guys, Didn't see this thread until now or I would have replied. Thanks.

I'm actually feeling really good now. Day of the surgery (Monday) and Tuesday were rough, but I'm recovering by leaps and bounds. Did two 2.5 mile walks today, albeit extremely slow. Some pain, but not too bad. The big issue is range of motion, but that should come back a bit every day and be back to acceptable in a week or two. Thanks again.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:Hey guys, Didn't see this thread until now or I would have replied. Thanks.

I'm actually feeling really good now. Day of the surgery (Monday) and Tuesday were rough, but I'm recovering by leaps and bounds. Did two 2.5 mile walks today, albeit extremely slow. Some pain, but not too bad. The big issue is range of motion, but that should come back a bit every day and be back to acceptable in a week or two. Thanks again.

Right now it hurts me to walk a half mile. I am lucky to play 5 games of singles in shuffleboard without my hip talking to me.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

RIP?
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Da Stars. wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:Hey guys, Didn't see this thread until now or I would have replied. Thanks.

Right now it hurts me to walk a half mile. I am lucky to play 5 games of singles in shuffleboard without my hip talking to me.

I have a little limp left (it's only 5 days after the surgery) but I can walk pretty good now, albeit slow. Speed is coming back a little bit every day, and each day there is a little less discomfort. I'm still taking a bit of percocet but down a fair bit in the last few days.

Big issue now is range of motion in the hip. It still really blows although that is improving a little bit every day too. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, that will be close to normal.

I highly recommend it Stars. A little pain (the first day especially, and the second day also sucked pretty good) but for the long term gain of no pain and full range of motion again...
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:

I have a little limp left (it's only 5 days after the surgery) but I can walk pretty good now, albeit slow. Speed is coming back a little bit every day, and each day there is a little less discomfort. I'm still taking a bit of percocet but down a fair bit in the last few days.

Big issue now is range of motion in the hip. It still really blows although that is improving a little bit every day too. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, that will be close to normal.

I highly recommend it Stars. A little pain (the first day especially, and the second day also sucked pretty good) but for the long term gain of no pain and full range of motion again...

Glad to hear you are doing well. Range of motion will come in time. This will no doubt be a must.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I'm so glad that you got the present I sent you:

[Note: Glad to hear you're healing well.]
steveo
Role Player

Post by steveo »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:

Did you get a hip replacement, or was it some other kind of procedure (resurfacing)?
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:

Life is way bigger than basketball. Very glad to see that you are recovering well and I hope you keep recovering well..... you Melo hater, :lol:
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:I'm so glad that you got the present I sent you:

[Note: Glad to hear you're healing well.]

That made me chuckle.

I actually used one of those the day after the surgery around the hospital. Now THAT makes you feel old.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

steveo wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:

Did you get a hip replacement, or was it some other kind of procedure (resurfacing)?
It's a total replacement, but it uses a new technique called "Superpath" if you ever google it. It works without cutting muscle and without dislocating the hip. It takes a fair bit longer to perform the surgery, but recovery is much quicker and the risk of future dislocation is dramatically reduced.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Smelters wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:

Life is way bigger than basketball. Very glad to see that you are recovering well and I hope you keep recovering well..... you Melo hater, :lol:
Thanks a bunch.
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

Hi grizzy and I'm happy that you are doing well... :)
steveo
Role Player

Post by steveo »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
steveo wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

It's a total replacement, but it uses a new technique called "Superpath" if you ever google it. It works without cutting muscle and without dislocating the hip. It takes a fair bit longer to perform the surgery, but recovery is much quicker and the risk of future dislocation is dramatically reduced.
I quickly googled it. That sounds pretty good compared to the traditional procedures. Best of luck on your rehab!
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

kobeunderbite wrote:RIP?
RIP