The Lurker

Sufjan Stevens or Bon Iver

Post by elmerjfudd »

Who ya got?
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Re: Sufjan Stevens or Bon Iver

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Bon Iver. I've never been a huge fan of Sufjan Stevens outside of his Christmas stuff.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Really dug "Come on Feel the Illinoise"...

Very meh about everything else Sufjan has done. I was friends with a girl who went to see Sufjan Stevens in concert. She was a huge fan. And described it as the worst concert she's ever been to. By the way, she went to Rhode Island School of Design. It's ranked much higher than Ringling Brothers in Orlando... for what it's worth.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Really dug "Come on Feel the Illinoise"...

Very meh about everything else Sufjan has done. I was friends with a girl who went to see Sufjan Stevens in concert. She was a huge fan. And described it as the worst concert she's ever been to. By the way, she went to Rhode Island School of Design. It's ranked much higher than Ringling Brothers in Orlando... for what it's worth.
Sufjan just doesn't have any real memorable songs. Nothing that will be remembered 20 years from now like Skinny Love.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Really dug "Come on Feel the Illinoise"...

Sufjan just doesn't have any real memorable songs. Nothing that will be remembered 20 years from now like Skinny Love.

Definitely not as accessible as Skinny Love.

But "Chicago" will stick with me too.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Kingcarl24 wrote:Bon Iver. I've never been a huge fan of Sufjan Stevens outside of his Christmas stuff.
kinda the same, although I do appreciate those who don't follow the standard path.
I think St. Vincent is probably the best thing Sufjan has produced.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Also, Bon Iver's cover of I Can't Make You Love Me is one of my favorites.

[youtube]Q3VjaCy5gck[/youtube]