Isn't it utterly fascinating what Jordan accomplished...

Talk about anything here.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Re: Isn't it utterly fascinating what Jordan accomplished...

Post by elmouse03 »

l3bron wrote:Is English your 3rd language? You seem to have an incredibly difficult time comprehending what I'm actually arguing. A 6th grader could've figured out what I mean in regards to the 90's.

I mean the 2 highest rated NBA finals happened in the decade in 93 and 98 and NBA TV not that long ago had a week or so dedicated to the entire 93 playoffs basically so the 90s was doing something right.

What the **** does this even mean?
It means that no matter how much crap you spew about your opinion on the 90s and why it weak that fans enjoyed watching basketball in the 90s a lot more then they ever did today.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
It's cliche and its bullshit and agenda based. Every "that era (pick any one) was weak" argument always is.
I've yet to hear or see an explanation for why the 90s were weak. Have you?
-Weaker defensively
-Talent diluted by expansion
-Weaker talent pool when compared to the 00's
-It was easier for players (particularity post players) to put up points

Not that the 90's were weak but they are weaker when compared to today's game. This really isn't debatable.
I'm used to u saying foolish things about other eras so this does not surprise me by any means. There's simply no evidence that supports this verbiage.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
-Weaker defensively

Not that the 90's were weak but they are weaker when compared to today's game. This really isn't debatable.
I'm used to u saying foolish things about other eras so this does not surprise me by any means. There's simply no evidence that supports this verbiage.

No point in debating because like they said it's not debatable.
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:In a 15 year stretch, Bill Russell won 2 NCAA titles, 11 NBA titles and captained a Gold medal Olympic team. Not bad.
And Russell didn't quit either time with a chance to 4peat.

Who quits with a chance of winning 4 in a row.....twice?
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

elmouse03 wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote: -Weaker defensively

I'll say this though: the 10s have given us better quality than any season in the 00s.

elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

y2ktors wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:
y2ktors wrote: I'm used to u saying foolish things about other eras so this does not surprise me by any means. There's simply no evidence that supports this verbiage.

I'll say this though: the 10s have given us better quality than any season in the 00s.

hmmm. That's a tough one as there was some great games and series in the 2000s.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

elmouse03 wrote:
l3bron wrote:I have never seen a good argument as to why the 90's should be considered a stronger era.

You can keep claiming that one could make such a case but until "one" shows up you have nothing. Or you could actually, you know, type something of substance and address the posts I laid out for you instead of jerking each other off.

Your call.
Weird because I never seen an argument that shows the 90s were the weakest era in NBA history. I mean the 2 highest rated NBA finals happened in the decade in 93 and 98 and NBA TV not that long ago had a week or so dedicated to the entire 93 playoffs basically so the 90s was doing something right.
are you really using ratings as an argument?

Based on this logic, the Kardashians are the greatest TV ever!
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Shill Jackson wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:
l3bron wrote:I have never seen a good argument as to why the 90's should be considered a stronger era.

You can keep claiming that one could make such a case but until "one" shows up you have nothing. Or you could actually, you know, type something of substance and address the posts I laid out for you instead of jerking each other off.

Your call.
Weird because I never seen an argument that shows the 90s were the weakest era in NBA history. I mean the 2 highest rated NBA finals happened in the decade in 93 and 98 and NBA TV not that long ago had a week or so dedicated to the entire 93 playoffs basically so the 90s was doing something right.

Are you really comparing the Kardashians to the NBA of the 90s?

I mean ratings of todays NBA aren't compared to that of the 90s and you have so many people who have watched a lot of the NBA in the 90s and watch a good amount of today saying that today's NBA just doesn't compare to that of what the 90s brought. Only way you can judge is by seeing/watching.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
-Weaker defensively

All of those are true. Deal with it.
Come at the King, you best not miss.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

elmouse03 wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:

I mean ratings of todays NBA aren't compared to that of the 90s and you have so many people who have watched a lot of the NBA in the 90s and watch a good amount of today saying that today's NBA just doesn't compare to that of what the 90s brought. Only way you can judge is by seeing/watching.
lol at this entire post.

Here, I'll bite, show me these basketball guru's who say the 90's are better and the facts they use to back it up.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

l3bron wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote: are you really using ratings as an argument?

lol at this entire post.

Here, I'll bite, show me these basketball guru's who say the 90's are better and the facts they use to back it up.
Why should I do that when I know it won't process with you? Probably get a lot of LOL's!! or some shit on that level. Not my first rodeo dealing with somebody like you as the old ESPN boards had plenty of your types.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

elmouse03 wrote:
l3bron wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:

lol at this entire post.

Why should I do that when I know it won't process with you? Probably get a lot of LOL's!! or some shit on that level. Not my first rodeo dealing with somebody like you as the old ESPN boards had plenty of your types.
Take note how there's SO MANY of these sources and instead of listing them he proceeds to stroke his own e-penis.

Too easy, I shut these fools down before dinner time.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Yep the current talent pool is and was so much better than the 90's that the best player of this present era has to join a finals MVP and another all star player. LOL. Bullshit.
vegasfraud
All-Time Great

Post by vegasfraud »

The first 3-peat was very impressive...the second 3-peat not so much. Jordan's stats greatly dropped...the league helped him on the court in every way possible. This is when people started talking about the NBA being rigged.
QueenCuckCarl has no clue how many men his whore wife has fucked...ask him.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

vegasfraud wrote:The first 3-peat was very impressive...the second 3-peat not so much. Jordan's stats greatly dropped...the league helped him on the court in every way possible. This is when people started talking about the NBA being rigged.
Really? I thought that was after the 2002 WCF's?
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote: -Weaker defensively

All of those are true. Deal with it.
They're not true. Not even remotely. Just plain silliness is what it is.

DorianRo
Superstar

Post by DorianRo »

vegasfraud wrote:The first 3-peat was very impressive...the second 3-peat not so much. Jordan's stats greatly dropped...the league helped him on the court in every way possible. This is when people started talking about the NBA being rigged.

72-10 isn't impressive and a 2nd 3peat aint impressive? Jordan even into 33-35 years of age with loss of athleticism was by FAR still the best player in the planet compared to guys 10 years younger than him
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

elmouse03 wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:

Every era will have some bright spots. But overall, the level of play is up from the 00s when the Eastern Conference was an absolute joke for 7 years.

How many ppl recall that the Bucks were 1 win away from going to the NBA Finals in 2001?

elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

y2ktors wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:
y2ktors wrote:

Every era will have some bright spots. But overall, the level of play is up from the 00s when the Eastern Conference was an absolute joke for 7 years.

How many ppl recall that the Bucks were 1 win away from going to the NBA Finals in 2001?
Yeah I remember the 2001 EC playoffs. I remember the shocking first round sweep of the hornets over the heat who had a starting 5 of Zo, Brian Grant, Mason, Eddie Jones, and Tim Hardaway.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

You really can't judge this decade yet.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**