2015 Anger General Greatest post-merger Players of All Time #3

Talk about anything here.
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Re: 2015 Anger General Greatest post-merger Players of All Time #3

Post by Bush4Ever »

I could possibly bench two of that kid.
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Robceltsfan wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Bush4Ever wrote:
See Abe, what you are doing now is the equivalent of a dude who texts girls over and over and over again after a fight.

You should probably just let it drop, unless you want me to flex and then beat the shit out of you.

Bush has sucked dicks bigger than that kid.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Well, at least we understand that it all boils down to subjective feelings and such.

If that's all it is... why argue so vehemently?

[Edit: GOD DAMMIT, ROB!!!!!!! Stop IT.]
I'm not arguing. I just resent people questioning my personal top 10 list as if I'm completely oblivious to the careers of the players that I rank, especially the player that made me a fan of the game of basketball some 25 years ago.

That's fine. You can put Eric Snow first. I don't care. Just make your list and be done with it. Don't try to "explain" it with facts or reasoning that won't make sense to the rest of us.

As you've said repeatedly, you don't take anything at face value. Well, if you look at that forest long enough... you'll see something in there that you're looking for.
You can ask questions, Abe. I don't have a problem explaining. Just don't diss my explanations as solely biases, which discredits the reading, research, and years that I have spent watching and being a fan of NBA basketball.

I just fail to see why some biases are deemed correct and others are harshly ridiculed. We all have our biases because we're all fans. That doesn't make them correct because we want them to be.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

So uh, on to number 4 then?
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

americaninfidel wrote:So uh, on to number 4 then?
Yes, please.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

americaninfidel wrote:So uh, on to number 4 then?
The round is officially closed.

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

y2ktors wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
y2ktors wrote: I'm not arguing. I just resent people questioning my personal top 10 list as if I'm completely oblivious to the careers of the players that I rank, especially the player that made me a fan of the game of basketball some 25 years ago.

That's fine. You can put Eric Snow first. I don't care. Just make your list and be done with it. Don't try to "explain" it with facts or reasoning that won't make sense to the rest of us.

As you've said repeatedly, you don't take anything at face value. Well, if you look at that forest long enough... you'll see something in there that you're looking for.
You can ask questions, Abe. I don't have a problem explaining. Just don't diss my explanations as solely biases, which discredits the reading, research, and years that I have spent watching and being a fan of NBA basketball.

I just fail to see why some biases are deemed correct and others are harshly ridiculed. We all have our biases because we're all fans. That doesn't make them correct because we want them to be.

We ridicule your reasoning because it's a total flip flop depending on the outcome you want and you are completely oblivious to your biases. It's not us senor - it's you.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

We ridicule your reasoning because it's a total flip flop depending on the outcome you want and you are completely oblivious to your biases. It's not us senor - it's you.

Intellectually dishonest.
Rube.
Troll.
Disingenuous.

Call it what you want. It's pretty evident when multiple people can point out the inconsistencies within seconds time after time after time. Gotta be more self aware... that's just my two cents.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
y2ktors wrote: You can ask questions, Abe. I don't have a problem explaining. Just don't diss my explanations as solely biases, which discredits the reading, research, and years that I have spent watching and being a fan of NBA basketball.

Rube.
Troll.
Disingenuous.

Call it what you want. It's pretty evident when multiple people can point out the inconsistencies within seconds time after time after time. Gotta be more self aware... that's just my two cents.
Abe, again,all you have to do is just ask. Just because you may not understand my reasoning or my initial thoughts doesn't mean that I'm being disingenuous Or intellectually dishonest. I study every single player on a case by case basis and I factor in a lot of variables.

While having my biases, I don't ever believe that no player is off limits to being criticized or critiqued like grizz does. But it's all good....nothing personal.

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

y2ktors wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

Rube.
Troll.
Disingenuous.

Abe, again, ask you have to do is just ask. Just because you may not understand my reasoning or my initial thoughts doesn't mean that I'm being disingenuous Or intellectually dishonest. I study every single player on a case by case basis and I factor in a lot of variables.

While having my biases, I don't ever believe that no player is off limits to being criticized or critiqued like grizz does. But it's all good....nothing personal.

C'mon man. We're throwing stats, historical anecdotes, logic and more at you and you're coming back with "feelings", misdirections, moved goalposts and other silliness. It's not like we attacked you out of nowhere. But if somebody is inaccurate/inconsistent... in a serious basketball discussion... it should be noted.

No offense, but I can't believe I gave you so much of my time. At least Artman and his ilk don't put up any pretenses about what their intentions are. I know what I'm getting into with him and we play our little game.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Rube.
Troll.
Disingenuous.

Abe, again, ask you have to do is just ask. Just because you may not understand my reasoning or my initial thoughts doesn't mean that I'm being disingenuous Or intellectually dishonest. I study every single player on a case by case basis and I factor in a lot of variables.

C'mon man. We're throwing stats, historical anecdotes, logic and more at you and you're coming back with "feelings", misdirections, moved goalposts and other silliness. It's not like we attacked you out of nowhere. But if somebody is inaccurate/inconsistent... in a serious basketball discussion... it should be noted.

No offense, but I can't believe I gave you so much of my time. At least Artman and his ilk don't put up any pretenses about what their intentions are. I know what I'm getting into with him and we play our little game.
Again Abe, just ask me What you may be unclear of.

And what is this "feelings" stuff that you're talking about? Me being a Jordan fan and saying that i would move him down isn't me getting all in my feelings. If anything, i have separated my bias from the ranking.

I have been 100% consistent in the subject. If you take away a big iconic part of Jordan's legacy, he can't be judged the exact same.

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

y2ktors wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
y2ktors wrote: Abe, again, ask you have to do is just ask. Just because you may not understand my reasoning or my initial thoughts doesn't mean that I'm being disingenuous Or intellectually dishonest. I study every single player on a case by case basis and I factor in a lot of variables.

And what is this "feelings" stuff that you're talking about? Me being a Jordan fan and saying that i would move him down isn't me getting all in my feelings. If anything, i have separated my bias from the ranking.

I have been 100% consistent in the subject. If you take away a big iconic part of Jordan's legacy, he can't be judged the exact same.
Three of us, all of which are known to generally be pretty objective about most basketball discussions have called you out on several logical inconsistencies within this thread. I've personally called you out on many, many more in many different threads. I'm not going to keep rehashing the same crap.

We're not people just making this up. You are 'consistently inconsistent' and don't recognize it.

I'm done banging my head against the wall for a bit. Have fun doing your usual pretzel act.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Three of us, all of which are known to generally be pretty objective about most basketball discussions have called you out on several logical inconsistencies within this thread. I've personally called you out on many, many more in many different threads. I'm not going to keep rehashing the same crap.

We're not people just making this up. You are 'consistently inconsistent' and don't recognize it.

I'm done banging my head against the wall for a bit. Have fun doing your usual pretzel act.
He's my question, exactly what am I inconsistent about? Please point it out.

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

y2ktors wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
y2ktors wrote: Again Abe, just ask me What you may be unclear of.

He's my question, exactly what am I inconsistent about?
Ah Jesus Y2ktors - a number were posted in this very thread by all 3 of us for chrissakes. I've done it with you in different threads far too many times. I'm not going round and round the mulberry bush with you again. Choose to live in your fantasy world. It's all good.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

Robceltsfan wrote:
Odogg wrote:Oh man this thread got long and is hard to read through on mobile. Other than OP, I still don't see anyone has addressed my point about the historical impact of Magic and Bird vs Duncan. Seems like this did not factor in at all in the #2 vote. Also Duncan's main rival was probably the Lakers, and he came up short usually vs them in the playoffs, 99 being the one big exception to that. Also it's not that he never repeated, he never EVEN CAME CLOSE to repeating. The only time Spurs even made the conf finals in a repeat year, they got destroyed 4-1 by the Lakers, and that wasn't even the Shaq/Kobe Lakers.
Didn't he do it against the Heat? In fact, he went WCF, Finals, Champion over 3 years. :noidea:
Yes he did, but I was referring to seasons after he won the ring.