Final week of Fantasy and no one has clinched a PO spot yet

Talk about anything here.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Final week of Fantasy and no one has clinched a PO spot yet

Post by kobeunderbite »

Pretty cool. It's been a very competitive league. If we can replace the 3-4 inactives, it could be even more epic next year.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Final week of Fantasy and no one has clinched a PO spot

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I like the SECOND angergeneral league a lot more.

Then again, I have Kevin Love and Chris Paul in that one. I drafted Larry Sanders and Ersan Ilyasova in angergeneral #1. It's tough to recover from THAT.

Yikes.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:I like the SECOND angergeneral league a lot more.

Then again, I have Kevin Love and Chris Paul in that one. I drafted Larry Sanders and Ersan Ilyasova in angergeneral #1. It's tough to recover from THAT.

Yikes.
How many teams in the second league, and how many inactive managers?
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

Yikes.
My team is so bad in that league. To make things worse, I've only missed 1 or 2 days of setting my roster the entire year. Yikes.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

kobeunderbite wrote:

Yikes.
How many teams in the second league, and how many inactive managers?

12 teams. I don't know how many inactives. But I do know UNC MJ Fan or whomever sends about 10 messages per day.

I'm also 3rd in the MCS League. But I sucked balls in the one you're talking about. I got above .500 after a HUGE uphill battle. Then, as soon as I got there, I fell apart again.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

Only 6 moves and I'm in 3rd place. Do I know how to draft a team or what?
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Buckets wrote:Only 6 moves and I'm in 3rd place. Do I know how to draft a team or what?
I'm pretty much the exact opposite. In 1st and I have one guy left that I drafted (Pau).

Many crafty trades and pickups by me. Turned my season around after my failed homer picks (Kobe/Nash).
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

kobeunderbite wrote:
Buckets wrote:Only 6 moves and I'm in 3rd place. Do I know how to draft a team or what?
I'm pretty much the exact opposite. In 1st and I have one guy left that I drafted (Pau).

Many crafty trades and pickups by me. Turned my season around after my failed homer picks (Kobe/Nash).

Can I have Lowry back? He was my one "great value" pick and I traded him away for a guy who was immediately injured.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:

Can I have Lowry back? He was my one "great value" pick and I traded him away for a guy who was immediately injured.
To be fair, with the way Kawhi has been performing lately, had you been able to hold onto him, the trade would be looking a lot more balanced.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

kobeunderbite wrote:

1st rule in Fantasy Basketball...Stay away from aging vets. Too many missed games and too high of a risk to last an entire season. Hence why I went with Harden, Lillard, Hibbert, and Jennings. I think the only vet I went with was Deng.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Buckets wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:

1st rule in Fantasy Basketball...Stay away from aging vets. Too many missed games and too high of a risk to last an entire season. Hence why I went with Harden, Lillard, Hibbert, and Jennings. I think the only vet I went with was Deng.
Those were really horrible picks on my part. Blinded by my Lakers homerism. Looking back, the rest of my draft was pretty solid though.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

kobeunderbite wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:

To be fair, with the way Kawhi has been performing lately, had you been able to hold onto him, the trade would be looking a lot more balanced.

Yeah, I know. But I was scrambling to get back into the race and couldn't wait.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

kobeunderbite wrote:
Buckets wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:

Those were really horrible picks on my part. Blinded by my Lakers homerism. Looking back, the rest of my draft was pretty solid though.
Still got 3 Lakers on your team...Ariza is having a solid season and Hayward puts up good numbers, along with Lowry. You have a pretty surprising team overall IMO
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I know you said before the season that pickups are dumb in a league this big, but it feels like there have been a lot of pickup-worthy guys around this year. There have been several guys that I have wanted to pickup at different instances, and couldn't decide between (Gerald Green, Meeks, Kawhi, Markieff, Parker, Farmar, Faried).
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

kobeunderbite wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:

I know you said before the season that pickups are dumb in a league this big, but it feels like there have been a lot of pickup-worthy guys around this year. There have been several guys that I have wanted to pickup at different instances, and couldn't decide between (Gerald Green, Meeks, Kawhi, Markieff, Parker, Farmar, Faried).

But except for one of them (Leonard) who was dropped under extenuating circumstances, every one of those guys is a placeholder type. None of them moves the needle for long-term success. The best bet is to hope your guy gets hurt/underperforms when one of them is on a hot streak and pick them up right then and then unload them again for a hotter player later.

Sans Leonard and Parker (Tony Parker is another one I was forced to drop) would be worthy of staying on a team all season.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

I hear what you're saying, although Meeks has been pretty much a fixture on my team. I dropped him briefly to pick up Bledsoe before adding him back when I dropped Kobe. Green has also been money for most of the season, and will reportedly not see a drop in minutes when Bledsoe returns.

Definitely were a couple of game changing adds (Ariza, Thomas). My point is that I think it's been a fun league despite the questionable FA pool quality.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

This league was a lot of fun and very competitive. Unfortunately, I will not be making the playoffs. It was worth the time, though. This is the first fantasy basketball season I've done. I'll definitely be in another one next year.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

gaskill15 wrote:This league was a lot of fun and very competitive. Unfortunately, I will not be making the playoffs. It was worth the time, though. This is the first fantasy basketball season I've done. I'll definitely be in another one next year.
Nice avatar hahaha.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:This league was a lot of fun and very competitive. Unfortunately, I will not be making the playoffs. It was worth the time, though. This is the first fantasy basketball season I've done. I'll definitely be in another one next year.
Nice avatar hahaha.
Stupid Hawkeyes
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

gaskill15 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
Nice avatar hahaha.
Stupid Hawkeyes
Even on a message board you're a man of your word.

Props good Sir.