I actually want to talk about basketball this morning

Talk about anything here.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Re: I actually want to talk about basketball this morning

Post by gaskill15 »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:Who do you have in the Finals right now?

I got the Clips and Miami
It's tough not to pick Miami but I am going to say Thunder Pacers. Bigs have had there way with Miami again this year and with the emergence of Paul George, Lance Stephenson, and the addition of Evan Turner I think the Pacers can take them. HCA is going to be huge and I see the Pacers holding onto that.
That series is going to be awesome, no doubt. You can't go wrong with either team.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

gaskill15 wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:Who do you have in the Finals right now?

I got the Clips and Miami
I have to admit that I'm not 100% confident in Miami this year. I really think Indy can take them if they play their cards right.
That will be a great series no doubt. I just think Paul George is too inconsistent for Indiana to beat Miami 4 times.
I don't think they'll need George to be phenomenal to beat the Heat this year. The Heat just seem to be very beatable this year. I think a lot of it will depend on how the refs call the games. If they call it tight, the Heat will roll. If they let them play, Miami will struggle.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

Why are people so quick to put the Pacers past the Heat in the playoffs when the Bulls were in a similar position and people stuck with the Heat because they Bulls were a "regular season team".

Pacers have trouble scoring and moving the ball which tends to due in playoff teams when the game slows down
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Buckets wrote:Why are people so quick to put the Pacers past the Heat in the playoffs when the Bulls were in a similar position and people stuck with the Heat because they Bulls were a "regular season team".

Pacers have trouble scoring and moving the ball which tends to due in playoff teams when the game slows down
Because the Pacers have been very close to knocking off the Heat in years past, unlike the Bulls.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Buckets wrote:Why are people so quick to put the Pacers past the Heat in the playoffs when the Bulls were in a similar position and people stuck with the Heat because they Bulls were a "regular season team".

I don't recall saying that about Chicago but it's all about how they matchup. I feel like the Pacers just counteract the Heat very well.

They took the Heat to 7 games last year in the playoffs; the Bulls have not won 2 games in a series against them yet.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I think the Bulls could play hard against the Heat this year but they don't have a go to guy which is needed in the playoffs. The Pacers do.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

gaskill15 wrote:

Because the Pacers have been very close to knocking off the Heat in years past, unlike the Bulls.
True one team went 7, the other went 5 (although it should have been 6 if not for that massive choke job at the end of 5).

But I think both the Bulls (in 2011) and Pacers share the same weaknesses that proved too much to overcome Miami, a team which has plenty of options down the stretch and plays good (not great) D.

I just don't see the Pacers getting past the Heat in a 7 game series.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Buckets wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:

True one team went 7, the other went 5 (although it should have been 6 if not for that massive choke job at the end of 5).

But I think both the Bulls (in 2011) and Pacers share the same weaknesses that proved too much to overcome Miami, a team which has plenty of options down the stretch and plays good (not great) D.

If I was forced to put money on who would come out of the East, I would put my money on the Heat without a doubt. I just think this year could be a year they could go down.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

Kingcarl24 wrote:

I think the Bulls could play hard against the Heat this year but they don't have a go to guy which is needed in the playoffs. The Pacers do.
I was in no means trying to compare this years teams. Its obvious the Bulls are a second round exit at best. I'm just saying the Pacers have the same weaknesses as those past Bulls teams, but people are quick to put the Pacers past the Heat this time around. I honestly just don't see it. You shut down PG and this teams toast. Sure Lance is there but he doesn't scare me
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Buckets wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

I was in no means trying to compare this years teams. Its obvious the Bulls are a second round exit at best. I'm just saying the Pacers have the same weaknesses as those past Bulls teams, but people are quick to put the Pacers past the Heat this time around. I honestly just don't see it. You shut down PG and this teams toast. Sure Lance is there but he doesn't scare me
I can see that. I would have given the Bulls back then the same chance I'm giving the Pacers this year. Rose kind of crapped the bed though. We'll see if George does the same.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
I don't know a whole lot about St. George to be honest. I've only driven through. I will say that it's where the Utahans go for vacation. It's warmer like Vegas and has a cool desert look to it. My suggestion would be to stay an additional day and go out to Zion's National Park. You wouldn't regret it.
Zion I do recall the wife mentioning that now that you say it. I think she wants to see that sunday before we head back to Vegas.
It's breath taking...

Heck yeah that's awesome. Definitely have to make it there.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
Buckets wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:

If I was forced to put money on who would come out of the East, I would put my money on the Heat without a doubt. I just think this year could be a year they could go down.

I've learned in basketball over the years that you kinda have to go with the team that's done it before... until somebody PROVES capable of stopping them.

Then again, as a longtime Wolves fan and NON-fan of Jordan/Lakers/Heat... I've become well acquainted with playoff disappointment.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Buckets wrote:

I've learned in basketball over the years that you kinda have to go with the team that's done it before... until somebody PROVES capable of stopping them.

Then again, as a longtime Wolves fan and NON-fan of Jordan/Lakers/Heat... I've become well acquainted with playoff disappointment.
Or the absence of playoffs, altogether.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

gaskill15 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

True. How does Abe even remember what it's like to cheer for a team in the playoffs?

(Too low Abe?)
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

True. How does Abe even remember what it's like to cheer for a team in the playoffs?

(Too low Abe?)
Does he even know how to pronounce it I wonder? Do you think dictionaries made in Minneapolis even have that term in there?