Talk about anything here.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Re: I actually want to talk about basketball this morning

Post by gaskill15 »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
I said before the season that the Jazz would struggle to win 30 games. Looks like that seems true. The team is bad. Really bad and it doesn't help that we have a coach that doesn't know how to properly coach a tanking team.

If I were coach and I knew the season was a wash, I'd be looking to the future and what I could do now to prepare for that future. I would be playing Favors and Kanter together as much as possible. Play them until they figure it out. I don't care about spacing issues now. I want them to figure out those spacing issues on the court now playing games so when we do add a top 5 draft pick, we're ready to go.

Corbin needs to be fired. It has to happen this season.
That's part of the reason as to why Parker would be the ideal fit for you guys. You guys could play him at the 3 or 4 depending on who is on the court with him and he won't cause spacing issues because of his range.
In my dreams. He seems a perfect fit. The Jazz need his skill set. He's a Mormon kid that would fit in nicely in Utah. BYU was a top 3 college choice for him. He would have so much support from the fans here.

I just think he'll be a top 3 draft pick this year and I don't see the Jazz getting a top 3 pick.
Only BYU fans would brag about being a top 3 choice. ;)
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

gaskill15 wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote: That's part of the reason as to why Parker would be the ideal fit for you guys. You guys could play him at the 3 or 4 depending on who is on the court with him and he won't cause spacing issues because of his range.
In my dreams. He seems a perfect fit. The Jazz need his skill set. He's a Mormon kid that would fit in nicely in Utah. BYU was a top 3 college choice for him. He would have so much support from the fans here.

I just think he'll be a top 3 draft pick this year and I don't see the Jazz getting a top 3 pick.
He was the biggest prospect to ever even consider BYU. It was a big deal to us. I still think it was kind of stupid he didn't come here. He has a ton of scrutiny over at Duke where at BYU, he could have calmly averaged 30+ ppg and thrived off the easy competition. Maybe that's my biased opinion? Maybe.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

He was the biggest prospect to ever even consider BYU. It was a big deal to us. I still think it was kind of stupid he didn't come here. He has a ton of scrutiny over at Duke where at BYU, he could have calmly averaged 30+ ppg and thrived off the easy competition. Maybe that's my biased opinion? Maybe.
Harrison Barnes and McDermott grew up in Iowa and they didn't even fucking consider Iowa. Assholes.

Plus, Jabari pry wanted to get laid.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

gaskill15 wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
Harrison Barnes and McDermott grew up in Iowa and they didn't even fucking consider Iowa. Assholes.

Plus, Jabari pry wanted to get laid.
Probably.... Although I do hear that he is considering going on a mission still and would put off entering the draft.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Let's keep this basketball talk going for a change... Who's your top 5 in the running for MVP right now? Besides Noah of course because he's ran away it.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

gaskill15 wrote:Let's keep this basketball talk going for a change... Who's your top 5 in the running for MVP right now? Besides Noah of course because he's ran away it.
My top 5 would probably be

Durant
James
Noah
George
LA
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Say Phoenix somehow makes a push and is at least a top 6 seed in the West; is it crazy to say Dragic becomes a top 5 MVP candidate?
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

PhutureDynasty wrote:Say Phoenix somehow makes a push and is at least a top 6 seed in the West; is it crazy to say Dragic becomes a top 5 MVP candidate?
He probably should be considered but there is no way he will be. Maybe if the Suns were a top 3 team in the West but outside of the top 5, who cares?

(Crap, did I just contradict myself by having LA in the top 5?)
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:Let's keep this basketball talk going for a change... Who's your top 5 in the running for MVP right now? Besides Noah of course because he's ran away it.

Durant
James
Noah
George
LA
Good list. I'd switch it up a bit, though.

Durant
James
LA
Noah
George
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

PhutureDynasty wrote:Say Phoenix somehow makes a push and is at least a top 6 seed in the West; is it crazy to say Dragic becomes a top 5 MVP candidate?
He and the Suns just don't have that appeal to them for him to be considered. I wish I was wrong, but I don't think I am.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

gaskill15 wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

Durant
James
Noah
George
LA

Durant
James
LA
Noah
George
I'll be honest. I changed those last 3 at least 3-4 times before I posted it. Noah's game yesterday pushed him up in my opinion.

I will say that I think Durant has it locked down. I really can't see anyway James takes it from him. That stretch without Westbrook was impressive to say the least and the committee is sick of giving it to Lebron. They've been dying to find someone else to give it to.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Cobra Kai wrote:MVP List:

1 Durant
2 Lebron

Unfortunately the rest doesn't matter. Maybe next year, folks.
I agree, but who would you put at 3, 4, and 5. Just for shits and gigs.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

gaskill15 wrote:
fpliii wrote:Anybody wanna help me win a billion dollars? What are some nice upsets for the tourney?
I don't know why, but I have a feeling those fucks in Ames are going to the Final Four.
Nah they went 11-7 in conference play which isn't anything special. They don't have a low post threat and rely too much on the outside shot to get far in the tournament (however if they can shoot lights out throughout the tournament then they could get far).

Also if you look more closely at their schedule they beat good teams at home but lost them on the road. They did beat most of the lower competition at home and on the road, but they don't scream of anything special.

The pick out of the Big 12 is Kansas as they definitely have the talent to win, can they just play better as a team which is the question...
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

Durant
James
Noah
George
LA

Durant
James
LA
Noah
George
I'll be honest. I changed those last 3 at least 3-4 times before I posted it. Noah's game yesterday pushed him up in my opinion.

I will say that I think Durant has it locked down. I really can't see anyway James takes it from him. That stretch without Westbrook was impressive to say the least and the committee is sick of giving it to Lebron. They've been dying to find someone else to give it to.
Yeah Durant's got it locked up, I think. LeBron would have to have a RIDICULOUS last 20 or so games to pass him up.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Buckets wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
fpliii wrote:Anybody wanna help me win a billion dollars? What are some nice upsets for the tourney?
I don't know why, but I have a feeling those fucks in Ames are going to the Final Four.
Nah they went 11-7 in conference play which isn't anything special. They don't have a low post threat and rely too much on the outside shot to get far in the tournament (however if they can shoot lights out throughout the tournament then they could get far).

Also if you look more closely at their schedule they beat good teams at home but lost them on the road. They did beat most of the lower competition at home and on the road, but they don't scream of anything special.

The pick out of the Big 12 is Kansas as they definitely have the talent to win, can they just play better as a team which is the question...
They were a bad call away from being in the Elite 8 last year. They are dangerous as hell.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

gaskill15 wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:

Durant
James
LA
Noah
George

Yeah Durant's got it locked up, I think. LeBron would have to have a RIDICULOUS last 20 or so games to pass him up.
If you asked me a week ago from tonight, I would say Lebron could do it. If you asked me now after a week has passed, Durant has it locked up.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Who do you have in the Finals right now?

I got the Clips and Miami
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

gaskill15 wrote:Who do you have in the Finals right now?

I have to admit that I'm not 100% confident in Miami this year. I really think Indy can take them if they play their cards right.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Kingcarl24 wrote:

I have to admit that I'm not 100% confident in Miami this year. I really think Indy can take them if they play their cards right.
That will be a great series no doubt. I just think Paul George is too inconsistent for Indiana to beat Miami 4 times.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

It's tough not to pick Miami but I am going to say Thunder Pacers. Bigs have had there way with Miami again this year and with the emergence of Paul George, Lance Stephenson, and the addition of Evan Turner I think the Pacers can take them. HCA is going to be huge and I see the Pacers holding onto that.