I actually want to talk about basketball this morning

Talk about anything here.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Re: I actually want to talk about basketball this morning

Post by Deez »

fpliii wrote:Anybody wanna help me win a billion dollars? What are some nice upsets for the tourney?
Not sure yet til the brackets are chosen.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:Don't look now but the Grizz have dug their way out of that hole they dug for themselves when Gasol was out and have caught the Suns who have a ton of road games left. Hope springs eternal!!!

The Grizzlies have snuck up on almost everybody. (I was laughed down by Wolves fans when I mentioned this would happen two months ago.)

But don't they still have the same problems when the playoffs hit? Are Mike Miller and Courtney Lee really enough to spread the floor and be legitimate threats during playoff basketball?
Yup. We can defend well enough to beat anybody but can we score enough? Lee has helped for sure but if I'm honest, I think that while we can beat anybody, it's extremely unlikely we could do it 4 times in 7 game series. We don't have enough guys who can get hot for long enough. Still, as a fan, you just NEVER know.
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

im going to put some $ in vegas on da blazers coming out of the west.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

paskeezy3000 wrote:im going to put some $ in vegas on da blazers coming out of the west.
What are their odds right now? They can't be great.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

paskeezy3000 wrote:im going to put some $ in vegas on da blazers coming out of the west.
Give your money to charity instead. At least you get a tax deduction for that. Betting on the Blazers to come out of the west is like ripping money up in the shower.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Carl, I'll be going to Utah this saturday. i'm going to a wedding that's somewhere around St. George i think. Know of anything cool to do?
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

deezna10 wrote:Carl, I'll be going to Utah this saturday. i'm going to a wedding that's somewhere around St. George i think. Know of anything cool to do?
If you ask nicely carl would probably lend you one of his wives for your plus 1.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

gaskill15 wrote:
deezna10 wrote:Carl, I'll be going to Utah this saturday. i'm going to a wedding that's somewhere around St. George i think. Know of anything cool to do?
If you ask nicely carl would probably lend you one of his wives for your plus 1.
I'll have to see if i can talk my wife into it :D
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
What are their odds right now? They can't be great.
20/1
http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:Assuming the Jazz float around the 5 spot come draft night, what player(s) do you want for the Jazz?

Perfect match is Parker but there is no way he falls that far in the draft. I'd be interested in Exum as well. The Jazz need a wingman that can hit a 3 and create off the dribble. I'd be fine with anyone that could fill that void.

Please avoid Randle. I see bust all over that guy.
I definitely agree a versatile wing is the ideal choice for Utah and yea Randle has a lot of risk drafting him, same for Embiid (the guy has back problems already?)

I am actually surprised you guys fell so far from the #1 projected spot; seemed like a month ago you guys weren't going to win a game all season. Roster wise I thought the Jazz had one of the 3 worst in the league; as well as Philly and Phoenix.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:Assuming the Jazz float around the 5 spot come draft night, what player(s) do you want for the Jazz?

Perfect match is Parker but there is no way he falls that far in the draft. I'd be interested in Exum as well. The Jazz need a wingman that can hit a 3 and create off the dribble. I'd be fine with anyone that could fill that void.

I definitely agree a versatile wing is the ideal choice for Utah and yea Randle has a lot of risk drafting him, same for Embiid (the guy has back problems already?)

I am actually surprised you guys fell so far from the #1 projected spot; seemed like a month ago you guys weren't going to win a game all season. Roster wise I thought the Jazz had one of the 3 worst in the league; as well as Philly and Phoenix.
If Hornacek doesn't win coach of the year I will jump off a bridge. Mark Jackson should've won it last year.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I don't know a whole lot about St. George to be honest. I've only driven through. I will say that it's where the Utahans go for vacation. It's warmer like Vegas and has a cool desert look to it. My suggestion would be to stay an additional day and go out to Zion's National Park. You wouldn't regret it.
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Give your money to charity instead. At least you get a tax deduction for that. Betting on the Blazers to come out of the west is like ripping money up in the shower.
thanks but i dont take gambling advice from canadians. just an unwritten rule of mine.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

gaskill15 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

If Hornacek doesn't win coach of the year I will jump off a bridge. Mark Jackson should've won it last year.
Yea I agree 100%. Early on I thought it was Vogel's to lose (before Phoenix really emerged) but how can you not pick Hornacek now?
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote: I definitely agree a versatile wing is the ideal choice for Utah and yea Randle has a lot of risk drafting him, same for Embiid (the guy has back problems already?)

Yea I agree 100%. Early on I thought it was Vogel's to lose (before Phoenix really emerged) but how can you not pick Hornacek now?
Not about you jumping off a bridge though. :D
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

I said before the season that the Jazz would struggle to win 30 games. Looks like that seems true. The team is bad. Really bad and it doesn't help that we have a coach that doesn't know how to properly coach a tanking team.

If I were coach and I knew the season was a wash, I'd be looking to the future and what I could do now to prepare for that future. I would be playing Favors and Kanter together as much as possible. Play them until they figure it out. I don't care about spacing issues now. I want them to figure out those spacing issues on the court now playing games so when we do add a top 5 draft pick, we're ready to go.

Corbin needs to be fired. It has to happen this season.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
I don't know a whole lot about St. George to be honest. I've only driven through. I will say that it's where the Utahans go for vacation. It's warmer like Vegas and has a cool desert look to it. My suggestion would be to stay an additional day and go out to Zion's National Park. You wouldn't regret it.
Zion I do recall the wife mentioning that now that you say it. I think she wants to see that sunday before we head back to Vegas.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

deezna10 wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Zion I do recall the wife mentioning that now that you say it. I think she wants to see that sunday before we head back to Vegas.
It's breath taking...

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

I said before the season that the Jazz would struggle to win 30 games. Looks like that seems true. The team is bad. Really bad and it doesn't help that we have a coach that doesn't know how to properly coach a tanking team.

If I were coach and I knew the season was a wash, I'd be looking to the future and what I could do now to prepare for that future. I would be playing Favors and Kanter together as much as possible. Play them until they figure it out. I don't care about spacing issues now. I want them to figure out those spacing issues on the court now playing games so when we do add a top 5 draft pick, we're ready to go.

That's part of the reason as to why Parker would be the ideal fit for you guys. You guys could play him at the 3 or 4 depending on who is on the court with him and he won't cause spacing issues because of his range.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote: I definitely agree a versatile wing is the ideal choice for Utah and yea Randle has a lot of risk drafting him, same for Embiid (the guy has back problems already?)

That's part of the reason as to why Parker would be the ideal fit for you guys. You guys could play him at the 3 or 4 depending on who is on the court with him and he won't cause spacing issues because of his range.
In my dreams. He seems a perfect fit. The Jazz need his skill set. He's a Mormon kid that would fit in nicely in Utah. BYU was a top 3 college choice for him. He would have so much support from the fans here.

I just think he'll be a top 3 draft pick this year and I don't see the Jazz getting a top 3 pick.