Better career stats? Kareem or Jordan?

Talk about anything here.
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Re: Better career stats? Kareem or Jordan?

Post by paskeezy3000 »

Cool, the A squad has arrived. Now we can have a real intelligent debate. ROFL! Master Spade, the Tijuana educated bean, who's posts have 47 different font sizes, 8 different colors and and no point. Lol they give you a migraine when you try to read them... and Da Stars ladies and gentlemen! An 82 year old, belligerent retard who posts like old people fuck. All we need is zombiesonics and sportswise and you have the mount Rushmore of message boards.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

It's hard to debate a big man vs a guard for better stats. MJ was the better player but not by much. Kareem is #2 no doubt but just because he played 20 flipping seasons you can't jump him over Jordan. Jordan did as much or more than Kareem did in 6 less seasons played. Did Kareem ever have 2 three peats? Jordan was the best when it counted in the finals 6 times to Kareems 2. 9 times he was on the Defensive 1st team to Kareems 5. Like i said i'ts a small margin but you have to go with MJ as the GOAT and just behind is Kareem.
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

deezna10 wrote:It's hard to debate a big man vs a guard for better stats. MJ was the better player but not by much. Kareem is #2 no doubt but just because he played 20 flipping seasons you can't jump him over Jordan. Jordan did as much or more than Kareem did in 6 less seasons played. Did Kareem ever have 2 three peats? Jordan was the best when it counted in the finals 6 times to Kareems 2. 9 times he was on the Defensive 1st team to Kareems 5. Like i said i'ts a small margin but you have to go with MJ as the GOAT and just behind is Kareem.
Thanks for your analysis. this thread is only about comparing their stats though.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

paskeezy3000 wrote:
deezna10 wrote:It's hard to debate a big man vs a guard for better stats. MJ was the better player but not by much. Kareem is #2 no doubt but just because he played 20 flipping seasons you can't jump him over Jordan. Jordan did as much or more than Kareem did in 6 less seasons played. Did Kareem ever have 2 three peats? Jordan was the best when it counted in the finals 6 times to Kareems 2. 9 times he was on the Defensive 1st team to Kareems 5. Like i said i'ts a small margin but you have to go with MJ as the GOAT and just behind is Kareem.
Thanks for your analysis. this thread is only about comparing their stats though.
If you are gonna compare 2 different position players, a big man should win the stats argument almost everytime if he's a solid player. Nobody is going to compete with rebounds and blocks on a big man or FG% or not likely anyway.
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

deezna10 wrote:
paskeezy3000 wrote:
If you are gonna compare 2 different position players, a big man should win the stats argument almost everytime if he's a solid player. Nobody is going to compete with rebounds and blocks on a big man or FG% or not likely anyway.
Sooo Kareem?
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

paskeezy3000 wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
paskeezy3000 wrote: Thanks for your analysis. this thread is only about comparing their stats though.
Sooo Kareem?
If those were stats by 2 players playing position i'd say yes
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

hi.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

I am not really sure what this was suppose to prove.

Ceteris Paribus is essential for comparing in a serious way, and any analysis between Jordan and Kareem is going to violate that clause.
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
Carpediem77
Superstar

Post by Carpediem77 »

1) MJ
2) Kareem
3) Magic
4) Russell
5) Wilt
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

Bush4Ever wrote:I am not really sure what this was suppose to prove.

Ceteris Paribus is essential for comparing in a serious way, and any analysis between Jordan and Kareem is going to violate that clause.
i have created a thread to generate basketball discussion. and in that purpose, i was a success.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

Carpediem77 wrote:1) MJ
2) Kareem
3) Magic
4) Russell
5) Wilt
wrong thread, chud.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
Carpediem77
Superstar

Post by Carpediem77 »

paskeezy3000 wrote:
2) Kareem
3) Magic
4) Russell
5) Wilt
wrong thread, chud.

Ok, I'll make it easy for you.....Jordan
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

Carpediem77 wrote:
paskeezy3000 wrote:
2) Kareem
3) Magic
4) Russell
5) Wilt
wrong thread, chud.

thanks. your answer was very well thought out and reasons thoroughly articulated. well done.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
Carpediem77
Superstar

Post by Carpediem77 »

paskeezy3000 wrote:
Carpediem77 wrote:
paskeezy3000 wrote: wrong thread, chud.

thanks. your answer was very well thought out and reasons thoroughly articulated. well done.
You're welcome...by your argument Kobe will have NO argument against LeBron by the time their careers are over...are u sure you've thoroughly thought out your stance here?...this will be used soon to prove the case against Kobe in favor of LeBron...u know that right?
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

Carpediem77 wrote:
paskeezy3000 wrote:
Carpediem77 wrote:

You're welcome...by your argument Kobe will have NO argument against LeBron by the time their careers are over...are u sure you've thoroughly thought out your stance here?...this will be used soon to prove the case against Kobe in favor of LeBron...u know that right?
5>2
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
Carpediem77
Superstar

Post by Carpediem77 »

paskeezy3000 wrote:
Carpediem77 wrote:
paskeezy3000 wrote: thanks. your answer was very well thought out and reasons thoroughly articulated. well done.
5>2

So Finals do make a diff?...what abt what the player does in said finals?..What if LeBron get 3 more?...see how your argument will ultimately be turned on Kobe?
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

paskeezy3000 wrote:
Carpediem77 wrote:
paskeezy3000 wrote: thanks. your answer was very well thought out and reasons thoroughly articulated. well done.
5>2
Have to look at more than just rings but rings are a large part no doubt. Russell has 11 rings, do you think he's better than kobe, kareem, jordan etc?
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

Carpediem77 wrote:
paskeezy3000 wrote:
Carpediem77 wrote:
5>2

So Finals do make a diff?...what abt what the player does in said finals?..What if LeBron get 3 more?...see how your argument will ultimately be turned on Kobe?
if lebron gets 3 more he will be greater than kobe. i have no problem with that. as long as kobe doesnt win any more too.
Last edited by paskeezy3000 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

deezna10 wrote:
paskeezy3000 wrote:
Carpediem77 wrote:
5>2
Have to look at more than just rings but rings are a large part no doubt. Russell has 11 rings, do you think he's better than kobe, kareem, jordan etc?
im not sure how i feel about Russell. i def respect him and his accomplishments but the fact that he played with Dr. James Naismith and shot into a peach basket hurts his all time ranking a tad IMO.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

paskeezy3000 wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
paskeezy3000 wrote: 5>2
im not sure how i feel about Russell. i def respect him and his accomplishments but the fact that he played with Dr. James Naismith and shot into a peach basket hurts his all time ranking a tad IMO.
Russell was also a defensive player, if he had a better offensive game people could argue for him but i think without that part he's not better than kareem or jordan and i don't think it's close. Also like you said about Naismith and shooting into a peach basket.