Bulls Defense owns LeBron...

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bulls Defense owns LeBron...

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

"James has been held to 22.5 points per game on 45.0 percent shooting in (the last) eight matchups -- six wins -- with the Bulls, including Miami's five-game victory in the East semifinals. James has averaged 27.0 points and shot 56.0 percent against the rest of the league in that stretch.

Chicago's defensive influence is even more noticeable on James' jumpers. He's shot 26.5 percent (16 for 61) outside eight feet versus the Bulls in those eight contests compared to 39.3 percent against all other teams in that span."

ROFL at the "supposed" MVP / Greatest Player on the Planet being held far below his seasonal averages yet his team still wins. If Durant put up those numbers for a stretch, OKC would go win-less.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=400489807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Re: Bulls Defense owns LeBron...

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:"James has been held to 22.5 points per game on 45.0 percent shooting in (the last) eight matchups -- six wins -- with the Bulls, including Miami's five-game victory in the East semifinals. James has averaged 27.0 points and shot 56.0 percent against the rest of the league in that stretch.

Chicago's defensive influence is even more noticeable on James' jumpers. He's shot 26.5 percent (16 for 61) outside eight feet versus the Bulls in those eight contests compared to 39.3 percent against all other teams in that span."

ROFL at the "supposed" MVP / Greatest Player on the Planet being held far below his seasonal averages yet his team still wins. If Durant put up those numbers for a stretch, OKC would go win-less.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=400489807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Tom Thibodeau has been around professional basketball for well more than two decades. He has a passion for the game and the intricacies that separate the good players from the great ones. He studies compulsively to try to make sure his Chicago Bulls team always has an advantage when it steps onto the floor. That's why his praise of Miami Heat superstar LeBron James is so telling. When asked Saturday to compare James to another player he's watched or coached against in years past, Thibodeau didn't hesitate.

"Nobody," Thibodeau said.

"Because you're combining the speed, the power, the skills, the passing, the vision. I can't recall anyone that I've coached against that's like that. There's nothing that he doesn't do. He's great with the ball, great without the ball, can post, can drive, can shoot, can really pass. If you overcommit to him he's going to make you really pay. And he keeps getting better every year. So he's an all-time great."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/p ... obody-else" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/thread
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

So the OP is claiming that Lebron has to play down to the Bulls and still beats them?
I agree..he barely even has to try and still slaps the blls around...
Good point op
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

WiseGuy wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:"James has been held to 22.5 points per game on 45.0 percent shooting in (the last) eight matchups -- six wins -- with the Bulls, including Miami's five-game victory in the East semifinals. James has averaged 27.0 points and shot 56.0 percent against the rest of the league in that stretch.

DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Tom Thibodeau has been around professional basketball for well more than two decades. He has a passion for the game and the intricacies that separate the good players from the great ones. He studies compulsively to try to make sure his Chicago Bulls team always has an advantage when it steps onto the floor. That's why his praise of Miami Heat superstar LeBron James is so telling. When asked Saturday to compare James to another player he's watched or coached against in years past, Thibodeau didn't hesitate.

"Because you're combining the speed, the power, the skills, the passing, the vision. I can't recall anyone that I've coached against that's like that. There's nothing that he doesn't do. He's great with the ball, great without the ball, can post, can drive, can shoot, can really pass. If you overcommit to him he's going to make you really pay. And he keeps getting better every year. So he's an all-time great."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/p ... obody-else" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/thread

All that talent YET he "needs" 2-3 future HOF teammates in order to win... lol
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

elartman1973 wrote:So the OP is claiming that Lebron has to play down to the Bulls and still beats them?
Good point op

LeBron "playing down" to the Bulls just confirms the fact that he's soft, and can't handle tough, physical teams... good thing he's got 3 other future HOF teammates to bail him out.

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:

/thread

All that talent YET he "needs" 2-3 future HOF teammates in order to win... lol
I still have no idea why you hate lebron...so you hate himbbecause like jordan henis playing with two hall of famers
You are the boards biggest dumfuck worthless poster?

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

elartman1973 wrote:So the OP is claiming that Lebron has to play down to the Bulls and still beats them?
Good point op

LeBron "playing down" to the Bulls just confirms the fact that he's soft, and can't handle tough, physical teams... good thing he's got 3 other future HOF teammates to bail him out.
No..it means the bulls offense sucks and lebron doesnt need to work as hard to beat them
Face reality and drop the stupid campaign already

DorianRo
Superstar

Post by DorianRo »

Bulls can truly shut down LeQueen (if they are allowed to play defense by the refs). The only thing that has stopped the Bulls from coming out of the east last 2 season (probably 3 seasons) has been injuries. Pure and Simple. They are definitely the cohesive unit and "team" when healthy
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

DorianRo wrote:Bulls can truly shut down LeQueen (if they are allowed to play defense by the refs). The only thing that has stopped the Bulls from coming out of the east last 2 season (probably 3 seasons) has been injuries. Pure and Simple. They are definitely the cohesive unit and "team" when healthy
We saw the bulls get smashed by the heat the last time they actually were healthy....but i guess your small mind keeps ignoring this fact

DorianRo
Superstar

Post by DorianRo »

elartman1973 wrote:
DorianRo wrote:Bulls can truly shut down LeQueen (if they are allowed to play defense by the refs). The only thing that has stopped the Bulls from coming out of the east last 2 season (probably 3 seasons) has been injuries. Pure and Simple. They are definitely the cohesive unit and "team" when healthy
We saw the bulls get smashed by the heat the last time they actually were healthy....but i guess your small mind keeps ignoring this fact

When was this exactly? Because the Bulls have NEVER been completely healthy going up against the Heat in the playoffs. Boozer had turf toe in 2011 and I believe Noah was injured at the time as well.

Last year Bulls were without Rose
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

DorianRo wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:

When was this exactly? Because the Bulls have NEVER been completely healthy going up against the Heat in the playoffs. Boozer had turf toe in 2011 and I believe Noah was injured at the time as well.

So you are saying they were even healthier than the heat were in that series...thanks for admitting this finally

Sudanese Sensation
Legend

James is 3-0 in the post season with three gentleman's sweeps against the Bulls. I don't see how it can get much better. Do you?

Well, maybe this year will be a good old fashioned sweep.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

WiseGuy wrote:James is 3-0 in the post season with three gentleman's sweeps against the Bulls. I don't see how it can get much better. Do you?

The first series wasn't a gentlemen sweep.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

y2ktors wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:James is 3-0 in the post season with three gentleman's sweeps against the Bulls. I don't see how it can get much better. Do you?

I believe all three series ended 4-1.
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

..Arty defending his man is just a site to see...haha, he cares more about defending negative comments towards Lebron than his entire Disney team...
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

y2ktors wrote:

4-1
Call it whatever you want..its a gentlemans sweep
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by elartman1973 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Cobra Kai wrote:

Are you saying the Bulls have NEVER beat Lebron in the playoffs...??

WoW
That's what the record book says, not me.
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

Good point op

Ray Allen averages less than 10 pts a game
Bosh just passed 15 pts a game about 2 weeks ago
Wade is well below his career numbers for the last 2 seasons--and has sat out more than 17 games--most of which the Heat have won

and every top tier team has at least 2-3 other players averaging more than 15-18 pts a game --
sportswise1
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

DorianRo wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:

please mention when you thought the Bulls were completely healthy--
answer: not for the last few years--
so who gives a shit about their overall performances and rerecord if they can't stay healthy as a team?
sportswise1
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

It's pretty clear the Bulls own him.