TDK, what do you think of this quote from Tom Thibodeau?

Talk about anything here.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

TDK, what do you think of this quote from Tom Thibodeau?

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Tom Thibodeau has been around professional basketball for well more than two decades. He has a passion for the game and the intricacies that separate the good players from the great ones. He studies compulsively to try to make sure his Chicago Bulls team always has an advantage when it steps onto the floor. That's why his praise of Miami Heat superstar LeBron James is so telling. When asked Saturday to compare James to another player he's watched or coached against in years past, Thibodeau didn't hesitate.

"Nobody," Thibodeau said.

"Because you're combining the speed, the power, the skills, the passing, the vision. I can't recall anyone that I've coached against that's like that. There's nothing that he doesn't do. He's great with the ball, great without the ball, can post, can drive, can shoot, can really pass. If you overcommit to him he's going to make you really pay. And he keeps getting better every year. So he's an all-time great."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/p ... obody-else" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you in advance.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Re: TDK, what do you think of this quote from Tom Thibodeau?

Post by Y2K »

I'm not tdk but it's truth. MJ want this big. Kobe wasn't that athletic not that big. KG wasn't deemed as unstoppable. Magic wasn't nowhere near the athlete.

LeBron's gifts are incredible.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

y2ktors wrote:I'm not tdk but it's truth. MJ want this big. Kobe wasn't that athletic not that big. KG wasn't deemed as unstoppable. Magic wasn't nowhere near the athlete.

Why won't TDK address this.

I'm interested in his opinion.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

y2ktors wrote:I'm not tdk but it's truth. MJ want this big. Kobe wasn't that athletic not that big. KG wasn't deemed as unstoppable. Magic wasn't nowhere near the athlete.

He's physically probably the most gifted player I've ever witnessed. The issues with LeBron and his performance will always have more to do with what is going on between his ears than his physical ability.

The disaster in the 2011 finals was about his head, not his physical ability.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

vcsgrizzfan wrote:

He's physically probably the most gifted player I've ever witnessed. The issues with LeBron and his performance will always have more to do with what is going on between his ears than his physical ability.

He reminds me so much of Wilt in that regard but he lacks two major flaws that Wilt had. Wilt was a very selfish player and would always compare himself to his teammates and find them wanting. He did that with West and he did that with Baylor.

Also, I think Wilt would have benefited from better guidance. He did well with Bill Sharman who figured him out.
Last edited by Sudanese Sensation on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

I have always maintained that LeBron is a supremely talented player... and that's why I rip on the guy for "needing" 2-3 future HOF teammates in order to win.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:I have always maintained that LeBron is a supremely talented player... and that's why I rip on the guy for "needing" 2-3 future HOF teammates in order to win.
I'm curious. Who came remotely close to playing at a HOF level in the playoffs last year that wasn't named LeBron? Certainly not Bosh, Wade or Allen.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

thedangerouskitchen wrote:I have always maintained that LeBron is a supremely talented player... and that's why I rip on the guy for "needing" 2-3 future HOFERS in order to win.
So did Russell, Magic, Bird, and Kareem.

And that #23 guy played with a couple of Hall of Famers himself.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:I have always maintained that LeBron is a supremely talented player... and that's why I rip on the guy for "needing" 2-3 future HOF teammates in order to win.

I'm curious. Who came remotely close to playing at a HOF level in the playoffs last year that wasn't named LeBron? Certainly not Bosh, Wade or Allen.

So you're saying LeBron doesn't play alongside 3 future HOFERS...??

Ooookay then.

:lol:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

WiseGuy wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:I have always maintained that LeBron is a supremely talented player... and that's why I rip on the guy for "needing" 2-3 future HOFERS in order to win.

Guys who are considered top 10 on the GOAT list all won with great casts. The closest to winning multiple titles with a pedestrian cast is Hakeem in the mid 90s but he had Drexler for the second one.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

Ooookay then.

As usual, when asked a direct question, you deflect. You are very predictable.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

vcsgrizzfan wrote:

Wade scored 15.9 ppg in the 013 post season. Chris Bosh scored 12.1 ppg in the 013 post season. It was the first time in nearly fifty years that the second leading scorer on a championship team scored less than 16.0 points per game in the post season.

Looking at the name on the back of the jersey and judging his play based on that and not how he's actually playing is not a great way, imho, to judge a player.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:

Indeed.

Y2K

Post by Y2K »

WiseGuy wrote:

Yeah but during their eras, it was common fact that you needed multiple HOF players to win. In this day and age, that's not the case.

I never had an issue with LeBron until 2010 in the playoffs when he was dancing on the court like a clown and constantly talking shit to the Bulls bench. You're a #1 seed and talking big shit to a #8 seed. It was all fun and games until when the competition got tougher in the next round, he quit in game 5.

Sudanese Sensation
Legend

y2ktors wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:

Yeah but during their eras, it was common fact that you needed multiple HOF players to win. In this day and age, that's not the case.

I never had an issue with LeBron until 2010 in the playoffs when he was dancing on the court like a clown and constantly talking shit to the Bulls bench. You're a #1 seed and talking big shit to a #8 seed. It was all fun and games until when the competition got tougher in the next round, he quit in game 5.
I wasn't a Cavs fan so I didn't pay as much attention to him then though he was hard to ignore.

Also, I'm sure the Bulls might have been at least partially responsible for instigating him.
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

Ooookay then.

Who cares who he plays with?
Every good team has others than score even more than Lebron's teammates
Ray Allen now averages less than 10 a game
Bosh just passed 15 per game about 2 weeks ago
Wade is well off his career numbers and has missed more than 17 games--The Heat won almost all of them

check who Durant plays with and their numbers
Check who Duncan plays with and their numbers
Check who George plays with and their numbers
sportswise1
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

WiseGuy wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:

I wasn't a Cavs fan so I didn't pay as much attention to him then though he was hard to ignore.

Also, I'm sure the Bulls might have been at least partially responsible for instigating him.
No, they didn't do anything to provoke it. But finally Noah spoke up against it. He and Lebron went at it and it's been bad blood ever since.

fsuheater
Superstar

Post by fsuheater »

I am impressed, y2ktors. Nice!
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

fsuheater wrote:

I am impressed, y2ktors. Nice!
I give players their props... even lebron and kobe. Lol.

fsuheater
Superstar

Post by fsuheater »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:

Spot on, as usual.