Talk about anything here.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Re: Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Post by wailuaFC »

rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:"Keep in mind the impact Curry's presence has upon a defense"

"Ironically enough, the area where you discounted Curry the most (attention by opposing defenses) is actually the area where I consider Curry to have the biggest advantage."

This isn't homerish?

I guess LeBron's presence doesn't do much to a defense LOL?
He explained the difference of how teams defend them, and backed it up by proving the Warriors excel at scoring in the paint despite not having a low post threat and just being a bunch of three point shooters
OK, I get it that he explained it.
But, would you agree with this comment...
"Ironically enough, the area where you discounted Curry the most (attention by opposing defenses) is actually the area where I consider Curry to have the biggest advantage."
Absolutely, and it's been explained why already
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:"Keep in mind the impact Curry's presence has upon a defense"

This isn't homerish?

I guess LeBron's presence doesn't do much to a defense LOL?
Congrats, riley's 5th straw man of the thread (you're averaging at least one per page).

Where did I say that LeBron's presence didn't do much to a defense?

Also, what did I say specifically about how LeBron affects a team defense versus how Curry does (this is going to require you to actually read my posts and respond to my specific points, as opposed to simply creating straw man arguments that you can easily refute)?
HMMM, didn't you just say that Curry's biggest advantage over LeBron was his presence?
You literally ignored the entire post that you responded to. I'm not sure why you even quoted it.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: He explained the difference of how teams defend them, and backed it up by proving the Warriors excel at scoring in the paint despite not having a low post threat and just being a bunch of three point shooters
OK, I get it that he explained it.
But, would you agree with this comment...
Absolutely, and it's been explained why already
What has been explained? Why Curry's presence means more than LeBron's presence lol?
Great, he is a major threat from the 3 point line and he spreads the floor.
So based on that rationale, Curry's presence is greater than almost anyone in NBA history..Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Russell since they couldn't spread the floor like Curry right lol?
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

If wauila has to have your back then you know your in trouble...lol
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
Congrats, riley's 5th straw man of the thread (you're averaging at least one per page).

Where did I say that LeBron's presence didn't do much to a defense?

Also, what did I say specifically about how LeBron affects a team defense versus how Curry does (this is going to require you to actually read my posts and respond to my specific points, as opposed to simply creating straw man arguments that you can easily refute)?
HMMM, didn't you just say that Curry's biggest advantage over LeBron was his presence?
You literally ignored the entire post that you responded to. I'm not sure why you even quoted it.
I get it that Curry spreads the floor with his shooting...so does Kyle Korver. that doesn't mean that LeBron's "presence" is any less effective because he doesn't shoot the 3 as well as Curry, and, "presence" isn't anywhere close to Curry's "biggest advantage" over LeBron.
There is A LOT MORE to putting pressure on a defense than 3 point shooting.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

Bartman wrote:If wauila has to have your back then you know your in trouble...lol
If you have to hide the fact that you're online, you really know that you're in trouble.

:suds:
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Bartman wrote:If wauila has to have your back then you know your in trouble...lol
the problem is the Wauila is just sticking up for his buddy instead of using his head.

If I had to guess, he agrees that LeBron is still better, but his hate for LeBron makes it easy to white knight.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
If you have to hide the fact that you're online, you really know that you're in trouble.

:suds:
There, now you returned the favor.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

rileymartin wrote:
the problem is the Wauila is just sticking up for his buddy instead of using his head.

If I had to guess, he agrees that LeBron is still better, but his hate for LeBron makes it easy to white knight.
I think lebron is a better overall player then curry, but I think curry was better offensively this year
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rileymartin wrote:Very simple question...Which statement is more true?

A. Curry had a better season than LeBron this year offensively, and he has surpassed him.

Or

B. Curry had a better season than LeBron this year offensively, but it is way to soon to put Curry ahead of LeBron.

I am Clearly going with B.
Still interested in what people think here...A or B?
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

I think lebron is a better overall player then curry, but I think curry was better offensively this year
Ok, I got no problem with that statement. He probably was better than LeBron statistically this season. But I don't think he has overtaken him yet.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
I get it that Curry spreads the floor with his shooting...so does Kyle Korver. that doesn't mean that LeBron's "presence" is any less effective because he doesn't shoot the 3 as well as Curry, and, "presence" isn't anywhere close to Curry's "biggest advantage" over LeBron.
There is A LOT MORE to putting pressure on a defense than 3 point shooting.
Comparing the impact that Curry has upon a defense to the impact Kyle Korver has upon a defense is like comparing the impact that Tyreke Evans has upon a defense to the impact the LeBron has upon a defense.

That argument was absurd from the start.

...and yes, there is more to 3pt shooting when it comes to putting pressure on a defense. I've explained how Curry's presence creates that in detail several times. I'm tired of typing the same thing over and over again and having it be ignored.

Have a good one, riley. I'm going to watch Food Network with the wife for a bit. If you want to argue for the sake of arguing and leave rationale at the door, Bartman is participating in this thread, and I know he'll be game.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:

A. Curry had a better season than LeBron this year offensively, and he has surpassed him.

Or

B. Curry had a better season than LeBron this year offensively, but it is way to soon to put Curry ahead of LeBron.

B.

Not sure why anything I've typed in this thread would you lead you to believe otherwise.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Do you think that LeBron going to a new team, learning how to play together, then a major roster reshuffle again at midseason, maybe a little fatigue, some injury issues, trying to find the right balance with Kyrie and maybe a few other things affected LeBron's performance, or do you think he will slide further into "decline"?
I think he will be much more LeBron like next season.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

This thread would have never made it to 100 replies on ESPN, much less the second day before getting deleted & the OP banned. Place someone over Lebron? The nerve.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Curry is a stud but he's not lebron
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

King Deez wrote:Curry is a stud but he's not lebron

I agree with Denali
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Or

B.

Not sure why anything I've typed in this thread would you lead you to believe otherwise.
...and, after all of this nonsense, you're FINALLY agreeing to 2 things after fighting them relentlessly this whole thread:

1) Curry had the better offensive season this year statistically.

2) Curry had the better year offensively this season (something Is imply said was debatable).
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

riley is fuming. ROFL
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Do you think that LeBron going to a new team, learning how to play together, then a major roster reshuffle again at midseason, maybe a little fatigue, some injury issues, trying to find the right balance with Kyrie and maybe a few other things affected LeBron's performance, or do you think he will slide further into "decline"?
I think he will be much more LeBron like next season.
It very well could have, we will have to wait and see whether it was all those factors or something else