Sherman fined for taunting. LOL

Talk about anything here.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Sherman fined for taunting. LOL

Post by AlaskaHawks »

$7,875 for taunting in the final minute of the NFC Championship game. ROFL @ Goddell.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Re: Sherman fined for taunting. LOL

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

How did they even come up with such a random number?
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:How did they even come up with such a random number?
No idea, seems like they just pick a number out of a hat when they do these things. No idea. I'm sure fans will donate that money anyways. Same they did for Lynch.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

I believe they have set numbers on how much to fine people but then can reduce the fines if they are excessive. For instance an illegal hit cost Bears LB Jonathan Bostic $30k as that was the mandatory amount but then when they calculated the fine as a percentage of his salary it was deemed excessive and was reduced upon appear.

Sherman makes around $500k so I doubt they reduce this one upon appeal
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

It was appropriate, and yes, I'm sure he's not worried about the money aspect...
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

Goddell is a str8 biatch. Way to wait to hear all the backlash from social media then reacting, LOL!!!

I can't even imagine how much a guy like Bill Romanowski would be fined for if he played now.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Buckets wrote:I believe they have set numbers on how much to fine people but then can reduce the fines if they are excessive. For instance an illegal hit cost Bears LB Jonathan Bostic $30k as that was the mandatory amount but then when they calculated the fine as a percentage of his salary it was deemed excessive and was reduced upon appear.

Sherman makes around $500k so I doubt they reduce this one upon appeal
$666,606
Bill Russell

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

constitutionnomore wrote:It was appropriate, and yes, I'm sure he's not worried about the money aspect...
Meh. If going over to Crabby and saying "Hell of a game, hell of a game" and offering your hand for a handshake is fine worthy, I guess the NFL was right on this one.
Bill Russell

Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Didn't realize Sherman made less than $500k this season, although it's part of a rookie contract I guess so it's expected. Maybe the random amount reflects a certain percentage of his pay.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

AlaskaHawks wrote:
constitutionnomore wrote:It was appropriate, and yes, I'm sure he's not worried about the money aspect...
Meh. If going over to Crabby and saying "Hell of a game, hell of a game" and offering your hand for a handshake is fine worthy, I guess the NFL was right on this one.
Crabtree didn't get fined for shoving him in the face?
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

Smelters wrote:Goddell is a str8 biatch. Way to wait to hear all the backlash from social media then reacting, LOL!!!

I can't even imagine how much a guy like Bill Romanowski would be fined for if he played now.

He made a choke gesture at Kap on the SF bench..it was appropriate, and is it solely Goodell that levies these fines? What is his involvement on this issue?...
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Didn't realize Sherman made less than $500k this season, although it's part of a rookie contract I guess so it's expected. Maybe the random amount reflects a certain percentage of his pay.
His salary was $666,606. But yeah, not nearly what he's worth. Seahawks are going to have to decide what talent to keep. Russell, Sherman, Thomas, Etc will be getting large raises soon.
Bill Russell

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

constitutionnomore wrote:
Smelters wrote:Goddell is a str8 biatch. Way to wait to hear all the backlash from social media then reacting, LOL!!!

He made a choke gesture at Kap on the SF bench..it was appropriate, and is it solely Goodell that levies these fines? What is his involvement on this issue?...
If it was for the choke sign, I can agree with that one. I for one am glad he did it though. I hate the Niners.
Bill Russell

Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
So I guess Crabtree gets away with socking the guy in the mouth. Now the peeps mad at Sherman are probably the same ones who were mad at Legarrette Blount punch in college after being taunted. What a contradiction, LOL!!!.

DA style. ;)
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

AlaskaHawks wrote:

If it was for the choke sign, I can agree with that one. I for one am glad he did it though. I hate the Niners.

...well, that's how the AP is reporting it...and I agree, I hate SF too...
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AlaskaHawks wrote:

...well, that's how the AP is reporting it...and I agree, I hate SF too...
I just got the alert on my phone. If the AP is saying that, I'm sure it's correct. Well spent 8k if you ask me.
Bill Russell

Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

That's a small weak fine but it was necessary. Sherman asked for it
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

deezna10 wrote:That's a small weak fine but it was necessary. Sherman asked for it
Crabby gets away with hitting Sherm in the face though. That's why I hate the NFL sometimes. Double standards.
Bill Russell

Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
deezna10 wrote:That's a small weak fine but it was necessary. Sherman asked for it
Crabby gets away with hitting Sherm in the face though. That's why I hate the NFL sometimes. Double standards.
He pushed his facemask away not hit him. Sherman initiated it all by being a cocky prick coming over to be a dick to crab
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

He did, but I love his spirited zest playing the game...I get the whole concept that taunting can lead to further skirmishes that very well could result in injury, I just wish they would ease up a bit on some of these calls, especially some of the less than traumatic end zone celebrations...