D. Wilkins not impressed by LeBron's 61

Talk about anything here.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Re: D. Wilkins not impressed by LeBron's 61

Post by Repeat3peat »

wailuaFC wrote:Do you guys actually think nique thinks he could drop 40, or perhaps he was using hyperbole just like we do constantly?
[youtube]wqgaa_kdX-E[/youtube]
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

I always like when people complain about something being over-reported. If you watch espn or sportscenter what do you think they will talk about? If you go listen to sports talk radio what do you think they will be talking about. If you visit basketball websites and basketball message boards what do think they will be talking about. Turn on the cartoon channel or listen to some music if you don't want to know what the big sports story of the night was.

Anytime the supposed best at anything does something like that it will be covered heavily. If Tiger Woods wins a tournament it will have much more coverage compared to Zach Johnson winning a tournament...or for that matter if Tiger pulls off a great shot it will be covered more than if a "lesser" golfer pulled off the same shot. This has always been the case. They are selling their best product and the person who generates the most interest. People who hate Lebron log on every game to hopefully criticize his every play, missed shot, etc. They spend all day and night doing it. They will watch every second of his highlights so they can come up with more criticism and try to downplay a great performance. You see that after a great or bad performance. Same was true with Kobe. The top players invokes feelings of love and feelings of hate. It's the perfect interest story for everyone. But you guys who spend all day posting about him in a negative way don't want it to be heavily covered or made out to be a big deal? Yet somehow you don't see how you are a huge contributor of the problem you are complaining about.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

manchild98 wrote:I always like when people complain about something being over-reported. If you watch espn or sportscenter what do you think they will talk about? If you go listen to sports talk radio what do you think they will be talking about. If you visit basketball websites and basketball message boards what do think they will be talking about. Turn on the cartoon channel or listen to some music if you don't want to know what the big sports story of the night was.

Anytime the supposed best at anything does something like that it will be covered heavily. If Tiger Woods wins a tournament it will have much more coverage compared to Zach Johnson winning a tournament...or for that matter if Tiger pulls off a great shot it will be covered more than if a "lesser" golfer pulled off the same shot. This has always been the case. They are selling their best product and the person who generates the most interest. People who hate Lebron log on every game to hopefully criticize his every play, missed shot, etc. They spend all day and night doing it. They will watch every second of his highlights so they can come up with more criticism and try to downplay a great performance. You see that after a great or bad performance. Same was true with Kobe. The top players invokes feelings of love and feelings of hate. It's the perfect interest story for everyone. But you guys who spend all day posting about him in a negative way don't want it to be heavily covered or made out to be a big deal? Yet somehow you don't see how you are a huge contributor of the problem you are complaining about.
I don't watch ESPN, so I have a hard time relating to people who get mad at what they are reporting. If they don't like it why do they watch?
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:Lots of butt-hurt LeTots in this thread... :lol:

Nique says "watch the film... no close outs on D, doubles were late, rotations were slow."

I watched the film and he's 100% correct.
So tonight you watched film of last nights Heat game and you watched the Heat play the Rockets. How many Heat games do you normally watch per day?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

ripper76 wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:Lots of butt-hurt LeTots in this thread... :lol:

Nique says "watch the film... no close outs on D, doubles were late, rotations were slow."

I watched the film and he's 100% correct.
So tonight you watched film of last nights Heat game and you watched the Heat play the Rockets. How many Heat games do you normally watch per day?

Let's stay on point with the thread, shall we... Nique's statement is irrefutable and that bothers you LeTots.

Now go make me a sammich for thinking you're smart enough to deflect from that fact.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."