How Many Pts Would Jordan Average In Today's Eastern Conf?

Talk about anything here.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Re: How Many Pts Would Jordan Average In Today's Eastern Con

Post by l3bron »

deezna10 wrote:
l3bron wrote:League Average eFG%

'80s: .491
'90s: .488
'00s: .484

League Average PPG

'80s: 109.3
'90s: 101.0
'00s: 96.9

% of Points from the Freethrow line

'80s: 20.3
'90s: 19.8
'00s: 19.5

Cool.
So as fast paced as you guys said the 80's were they only got less than 1 free throw attempt more a game than this soft era? Lol. Its weak today. Don't guard too close or you are on the line
I see that these statistics are too advanced for you to comprehend. I think it's your bedtime.
Come at the King, you best not miss.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote: Actually you were a bit delusional but that's OK. Can't expect you to understand enough. MJ is by far better than any one in the game today. Kenton and Kobe are exceptions but they still arent up with MJ. If those guys can average 25-30 today MJ would in his sleep
delusion is actually thinking the 80s and 90s had better defenses than now when all empirical and common sense observation points to the polar opposite. i'm sorry, the 80s were great but jordan couldnt do anything but be swept out of the post in embarrassing fashion and barely took advantage of the tepid 90s by only making it to 6 finals. good thing pippen was around to enable baldy to shoot to his hearts content.

that said... 25-27 ppg is generous for a guard you dont have to guard at the 3pt line, lol.

i'm sorry for the bad news.
I'm sorry you think basketball isn't a team game. Its sad that you think that bulls team had any chance at all. No player would have even made them as good as they were with MJ. The talent now is good but it takes more than just some athletic players. They are growing up now in the softest era of ball ever. Every sport is soft now days. These pussies would cry in the 80's if they got fouled as hard as they did back then. MJ put up 37 against defenses that would smear kids to the floor today.
lol, this is not a compelling argument to the contrary.

"No player would have even made them as good as they were with MJ."

you can say that.. but i could easily say that magic could have made that team better or bird and neither are wrong but i could make a much better argument for magic being able to lead that team better than you could for jordan, lol.

"The talent now is good but it takes more than just some athletic players."

what is this supposed to mean exactly? please dont let it be the well worn canard i assume it is.

"They are growing up now in the softest era of ball ever."

that was the 90s but hey shit happens. you deal with the era you're in and at least he dominated that piss poor decade.

the rest of your post is pure nonsense and that is really shocking because it's actually worse that then nonsense i quoted. come back to earth son. i'm sure your mother misses you.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

l3bron wrote:-Faster pace
-More PPG allowed
-Worse DRTG across the board
-Higher FG% allowed

Yet somehow a better era defensively because...players could put their hands on you.

lol, some of you have no shame.

If Melo, Durant, LeBron (and a 34 year old Kobe) can average 37-30 PPG today there is no question whatsoever that prime Jordan would average 35+.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

l3bron wrote:

Cool.

Now do % of Points from the FTA by wings / perimeter players only THEN look at the FGA / FTA ratio among those same perimeter / wings... see what you come up with.
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

l3bron wrote:
deezna10 wrote:

League Average PPG

Cool.
So as fast paced as you guys said the 80's were they only got less than 1 free throw attempt more a game than this soft era? Lol. Its weak today. Don't guard too close or you are on the line
I see that these statistics are too advanced for you to comprehend. I think it's your bedtime.
I misread that. Just re-read it now
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

y2ktors wrote:
town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote: Actually you were a bit delusional but that's OK. Can't expect you to understand enough. MJ is by far better than any one in the game today. Kenton and Kobe are exceptions but they still arent up with MJ. If those guys can average 25-30 today MJ would in his sleep
delusion is actually thinking the 80s and 90s had better defenses than now when all empirical and common sense observation points to the polar opposite. i'm sorry, the 80s were great but jordan couldnt do anything but be swept out of the post in embarrassing fashion and barely took advantage of the tepid 90s by only making it to 6 finals. good thing pippen was around to enable baldy to shoot to his hearts content.

that said... 25-27 ppg is generous for a guard you dont have to guard at the 3pt line, lol.

Lol he only missed the Finals in 2 of 8 seasons that he played in the 90s. One of those missed seasons he only played 17 reg games. The other, his Bulls lost 4-3 in the ECF.
damn him, he should have played those years he sat out. i may not had as much ammo to fuck with certain posters but we'll never know, lol. oh well, at least he didnt run to ride bird like lebron to wade.
Last edited by town bidness on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

League Average PPG

Cool.
you'd think it would be mighty hard to argue against this, yet here we are.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

League Average PPG

Cool.

Thank you for Proving that Today's player SUCK compared to the 80's and 90's!! Stats back this up!!

:lol:
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:

I'm sorry you think basketball isn't a team game. Its sad that you think that bulls team had any chance at all. No player would have even made them as good as they were with MJ. The talent now is good but it takes more than just some athletic players. They are growing up now in the softest era of ball ever. Every sport is soft now days. These pussies would cry in the 80's if they got fouled as hard as they did back then. MJ put up 37 against defenses that would smear kids to the floor today.
lol, this is not a compelling argument to the contrary.

"No player would have even made them as good as they were with MJ."

you can say that.. but i could easily say that magic could have made that team better or bird and neither are wrong but i could make a much better argument for magic being able to lead that team better than you could for jordan, lol.

"The talent now is good but it takes more than just some athletic players."

what is this supposed to mean exactly? please dont let it be the well worn canard i assume it is.

"They are growing up now in the softest era of ball ever."

that was the 90s but hey shit happens. you deal with the era you're in and at least he dominated that piss poor decade.

the rest of your post is pure nonsense and that is really shocking because it's actually worse that then nonsense i quoted. come back to earth son. i'm sure your mother misses you.
Actually no today's game is the weakest era. Even your boy Kobe agrees
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
l3bron wrote:

Cool.

Now do % of Points from the FTA by wings / perimeter players only THEN look at the FGA / FTA ratio among those same perimeter / wings... see what you come up with.
The talent pool from swingmen/wings in the 00's/now was/is deeper/greater than any other era in basketball. What exactly would that prove?

Listen, I'm not saying Jordan wouldn't be a force in today's league. It's just ridiculous how his fanbase has to romanticize everything that man came in contact in.

I'm surprised Bull fans don't hold Space Jam as the greatest film of all time.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

town bidness wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
town bidness wrote:

Lol he only missed the Finals in 2 of 8 seasons that he played in the 90s. One of those missed seasons he only played 17 reg games. The other, his Bulls lost 4-3 in the ECF.
damn him, he should have played those years he sat out,\. i may not have as much ammo to fuck with certain posters but we'll never know, lol. oh well, at least he didnt run to ride bird like lebron to wade.
You've been slacking when it comes to mentioning LeBron and his androgenic alopecia. What gives?

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

Master Spade wrote:

League Average PPG

Cool.

Thank you for Proving that Today's player SUCK compared to the 80's and 90's!! Stats back this up!!

:lol:
lolwut
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

town bidness wrote:

League Average PPG

Cool.
Why would one waste their time arguing over something that is irrelevant to the issue...?

:)
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

l3bron wrote:
l3bron wrote:

Cool.

The talent pool from swingmen/wings in the 00's/now was/is deeper/greater than any other era in basketball. What exactly would that prove?

Listen, I'm not saying Jordan wouldn't be a force in today's league. It's just ridiculous how his fanbase has to romanticize everything that man came in contact in.

What fan base doesn't have its biases? I know a bunch of Duncan homers/fans who believe that he's as great as kareem was...aka top 5 GOAT.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

y2ktors wrote:
town bidness wrote:
y2ktors wrote: Lol he only missed the Finals in 2 of 8 seasons that he played in the 90s. One of those missed seasons he only played 17 reg games. The other, his Bulls lost 4-3 in the ECF.
damn him, he should have played those years he sat out,\. i may not have as much ammo to fuck with certain posters but we'll never know, lol. oh well, at least he didnt run to ride bird like lebron to wade.
You've been slacking when it comes to mentioning LeBron and his androgenic alopecia. What gives?
i really dont know what the fuck is wrong with me... i have barely been doing it to your boy jordan either. no bald cracks at all.. the well is dry folks.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

l3bron wrote:
l3bron wrote:

Cool.

Space jam best basketBall movie ever
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

deezna10 wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
deezna10 wrote: Retired to play baseball after fathers death
Lmao. You aren't that dumb are you?
Facts make you mad don't they
Nah, I love facts.
Fact is, EVERYONE'S father dies. Most MEN take a week off and then get back to work.
In the last Olympics, Canadian chick's Mom died and then she went out and won a medal.
You bought the marketing hook, line and sinker if you think he "retired"
Last edited by Shill Jackson on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Jordan420Bulls wrote:
town bidness wrote:

League Average PPG

Cool.
Why would one waste their time arguing over something that is irrelevant to the issue...?

:)
you fucking jordan fans, lol.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote:

What fan base doesn't have its biases? I know a bunch of Duncan homers/fans who believe that he's as great as kareem was...aka top 5 GOAT.
Duncan certainly can make a case after Jordan and Kareem.

Still, they don't go the extent that Bulls fans do.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

l3bron wrote:
l3bron wrote:

Cool.

It would prove that it's MUCH easier to get to the FTA if you're a perimeter / wing "today" than it was in the 80's and 90's.