WhatIfSports Draft - complete

Talk about anything here.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Re: WhatIfSports.com Draft, Round 1-NBA MVPs, Phuture's pick

Post by Ghostown42 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: Dude, If you want my spot its yours. I feel like I wont do good and might not be on all the time so I dont want to keep the group waiting, so take my spot
Fine with me. Abe? You game?

Yeah, sure. If Wailua really is cool with it. Wailua, send me a message if you have any special requests... I.e., draft Walton.

[Note: There is a 88.7% chance I misinterpret the rules and bitch about it later.]
lol...bitching will result in lost draft picks in the 13th round.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: Dude, If you want my spot its yours. I feel like I wont do good and might not be on all the time so I dont want to keep the group waiting, so take my spot

Yeah, sure. If Wailua really is cool with it. Wailua, send me a message if you have any special requests... I.e., draft Walton.

[Note: There is a 88.7% chance I misinterpret the rules and bitch about it later.]

Not surprised Abe. :P
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:

Im good with it. Id love to participate, but I really havent been on enough lately so I dont want to hold the group up. Ill definitely enjoy spectating though. Best of luck to all
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

ROFL Last?

Way to rig against me again.

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

None of you first seven fuckers better pick Nash
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

So where do we make our picks.....in this thread?
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Robceltsfan wrote:So where do we make our picks.....in this thread?
Sir, yes sir.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

I sent Ghost my picks. I would like to try and make the pick myself if I can (want to check something on whatifsports first), but I don't want to hold things up.
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Bush4Ever wrote:I sent Ghost my picks. I would like to try and make the pick myself if I can (want to check something on whatifsports first), but I don't want to hold things up.
Good. You were down to about 15-16 hours to make your pick.
Bill Russell

Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
Bush4Ever wrote:I sent Ghost my picks. I would like to try and make the pick myself if I can (want to check something on whatifsports first), but I don't want to hold things up.
Some people have better things to do at 8:00 at night than sit around a computer waiting for nerds to make picks in a fantasy basketball league.

Not me...but some people.
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Bush4Ever wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
Some people have better things to do at 8:00 at night than sit around a computer waiting for nerds to make picks in a fantasy basketball league.

Not me...but some people.
Well, it's literally narrowed down to a 10 minute window. If you don't have that to spare, you shouldn't have wasted everyones time in signing up in the first place.

Not you, but some people.
Bill Russell

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Does the MVP have to be chosen from the year they actually won the MVP?
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Robceltsfan wrote:Does the MVP have to be chosen from the year they actually won the MVP?
Yes. That is listed in the OP.
Bill Russell

Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Robceltsfan wrote:Does the MVP have to be chosen from the year they actually won the MVP?
Yes. If you choose Kobe, you have to choose 2008 Kobe. You can't choose 2006 or 2003 Kobe.

And remember, if someone chooses a multiple MVP winner, like LeBron 2013, all LeBrons are off the table. So, you can't pick LeBron 2009 or LeBron 2010 if someone else chooses a different LeBron first.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

For round 12, is that ANY rookie year from ANY player......or only rookies of the year?

~George Carlin~
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Robceltsfan wrote:For round 12, is that ANY rookie year from ANY player......or only rookies of the year?
Any rookie from any player not taken yet post-merger.

It does not have to be a rookie of the year.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Next question. Round 2 might not be possible. There have only been 18 DPOYs and 4 of them are also MVPs (David Robinson, Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon and Kevin Garnett). If all 4 of those players are taken in round 1, there won't be enough players to go around for round 2. There have only been 20 MVPs post-merger, so it's a very good possibility that this scenario will happen. What's our back-up plan if it does?

~George Carlin~
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Robceltsfan wrote:Next question. Round 2 might not be possible. There have only been 18 DPOYs and 4 of them are also MVPs (David Robinson, Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon and Kevin Garnett). If all 4 of those players are taken in round 1, there won't be enough players to go around for round 2. There have only been 20 MVPs post-merger, so it's a very good possibility that this scenario will happen. What's our back-up plan if it does?
Shit, you're right. Well, if that problem happens, we can come up with a solution before we start round 2 tomorrow night.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Ghostown42 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:Next question. Round 2 might not be possible. There have only been 18 DPOYs and 4 of them are also MVPs (David Robinson, Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon and Kevin Garnett). If all 4 of those players are taken in round 1, there won't be enough players to go around for round 2. There have only been 20 MVPs post-merger, so it's a very good possibility that this scenario will happen. What's our back-up plan if it does?
Shit, you're right. Well, if that problem happens, we can come up with a solution before we start round 2 tomorrow night.

Nobody can tell I'm studying, can they? I'm a loser...

~George Carlin~
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Ghostown42 wrote:
DPOY or add in the runner up from each year also? I dunno.
Bill Russell