First Official Angergeneral top 10 GOAT..

Talk about anything here.
town bidness
All-Star

Re: First Official Angergeneral top 10 GOAT..

Post by town bidness »

Robceltsfan wrote:
town bidness wrote:sorry, i forgot about this thread.

"Laker fans keep grasping at this falsehood of Kobe being the clutchest player of all-time."

it's just reality you cant accept because you must keep your delusion alive.

"Simply put, it isn't true. He may have the most game winners of all-time, but if he does, that's only because he likely has at least TWICE as many game winning attempts as any other player in history."

right..... just like how kareem is the greatest scorer of all time and you know what... he's taken the most shots of all time also. jordan is in third place as far as attempts go and imagine that.... he's third place all time points scored.

it's pretty simple how that works. if you do it the most you get the credit of being the best at it. here's a bit more of common sense for you, "more game winners = good". everyone on earth knows who is going to take the shot at the end and he's still made the most even though he took the most. how could he make more than other closers while taking less game winners genius? lol. another terrible argument. basically logic free nonsense.

"And for you to say Bird wasn't an amazing defensive player is also short-sighted."

LOL, i watched him and he was average at best to slightly below average. amazing defensive players can make more than 3 second all defensive teams and DEFINITELY more than ZERO first teams. this is just a completely superficial view of what you are comparing here... not even going in any real depth. unbelievable.

give me a fucking break. let me guess... dirk is a tremendous defender also in your myopic view of bball?

"But did you know that Bird led the NBA in defensive win shares FOUR times? Kobe never did that even once. I place Kobe in the Derek Jeter category of defensive player........grossly overrated. Bird averaged more steals during his career."

LOL, holy shit you are desperate. defensive win share four times eh? woooooooow.

steals? good for bird. i'm sure iverson was a defensive giant in your eyes.

good thing the coaches for the nba were not as terrible at simple analysis over the last 35 years. no one with a fulling function brain would say this. i actually fear for your mental well being.

kobe with all of his nine defensive first teams from coaches in the league and many years of stellar defense is 'grossly overrated' but bird and his defensive win share is solid proof in your eyes? mind you again that is in the purview of the simple minded, superficial bball fan.

"Bird has a better career defensive rating (101 versus 105 for Kobe), despite playing in a slightly faster paced era. Bird's defense was underrated, Kobe's overrated. I'd give Kobe the slight edge defensively because he's simply more athletic. But the difference is not that great."

LOL... holy shit.. all of that just to concede to reality in the most backhanded, intellectually dishonest and detached from reality sort of way that kobe is indeed the better defender because he is "more athletic". lol, either you have a character flaw of some sort or you must think low of me.

kobe is the more athletic player in every facet and kobe was the SMARTER player in every facet of the gave as evidenced by his PLAY and SUCCESS.

there is nothing you can do about it either. plus he didnt even need the greatest front line in history either, lol.

why did you focus so narrowly on this and dodge all of the other details in my post prior? you assertion about birds shooting, etc was stomped on.

right..... just like how kareem is the greatest scorer of all time and you know what... he's taken the most shots of all time also. jordan is in third place as far as attempts go and imagine that.... he's third place all time points scored.

it's pretty simple how that works. if you do it the most you get the credit of being the best at it. here's a bit more of common sense for you, "more game winners = good". everyone on earth knows who is going to take the shot at the end and he's still made the most even though he took the most. how could he make more than other closers while taking less game winners genius? lol. another terrible argument. basically logic free nonsense.

I really don't know the stats, but for arguments sake we'll do this.

Kobe has 35 game winners in his career.
Bird has 25 game winners in his career.
Kobe has taken 120 game winning shot attempts.
Bird has taken 70 game winning shot attempts.

So to you, Kobe is more clutch because he hit 10 more game winners despite taking 50 more shot attempts? And you say my logic is flawed? You can't compare something like Kobe's game winners against Kareem's scoring. True, both are volume stats, but Kobe's is situational and "clutchness" is based on percentages, not volume. Kobe hit game winners at a very pedestrian pace but getting 2, 3, maybe 4 times as many buzzer beater attempts as other stars does NOT make him the clutchest of all-time. I'm sorry you believe that is the case. It isn't.

And please tell me when you stomped on the portion of my argument where Bird was a better shooter. This isn't debatable. Bird IS the better shooter on almost every single level possible. Kobe can dunk better than Bird, so he has that.

So to you, Kobe is more clutch because he hit 10 more game winners despite taking 50 more shot attempts?

i'd rather use the real stats but even in your scenario.. YES KOBE IS MORE CLUTCH FOR DELIVERING MORE IN THE CLUTCH REGARDLESS OF YOUR PERSONAL FEELINGS. those game winners are not subject to pace, to number of possessions, etc so it's a very straight forward metric wouldnt you agree? either you sealed the game or you didnt regardless of era. it's like trying to argue 5 is more than 10. worrying about the percentage, etc is for the feeble minded that never get to kobes' level of play.

"And you say my logic is flawed?"

i do and i have aptly pointed out your flawed non-logic in detail.

"True, both are volume stats, but Kobe's is situational and "clutchness" is based on percentages, not volume."

lol... really? did you want to reframe this i think your thought process has become muddled.

"Kobe hit game winners at a very pedestrian pace but getting 2, 3, maybe 4 times as many buzzer beater attempts as other stars does NOT make him the clutchest of all-time. I'm sorry you believe that is the case. It isn't."

ok fair enough... i'll play along. if kobe knocking down game winners is pedestrian even though we all know he has the most all time... who is an example of exemplary closing and why?

"And please tell me when you stomped on the portion of my argument where Bird was a better shooter. This isn't debatable. Bird IS the better shooter on almost every single level possible. Kobe can dunk better than Bird, so he has that"

re-read the entire thread if you must. there is a record of the conversation above, lol. no bird was not a better shooter neither. a 4% difference while shooting half as many points to the opposite.... unless you think birds 3pt% would stay the same or go up if he doubled his 3pt output... you cant believe that.[/quote]

OK, since you seem to like volume, let's see you deny this. If Kobe has taken the most buzzer beaters, regardless of % for your sake, wouldn't that lead you to believe he's missed the most buzzer beaters of all-time? Kobe has choked in the clutch more than any player in history because he has more missed buzzer beaters than anybody else.

Now, I know this isn't the truth, but by your logic that's how I should see it. I mean, if Kobe missed the most buzzer beaters all-time, that must make his the least clutch player ever, right?

C'mon man, you're losing badly at this point.
[/quote]

"K, since you seem to like volume, let's see you deny this. If Kobe has taken the most buzzer beaters, regardless of % for your sake, wouldn't that lead you to believe he's missed the most buzzer beaters of all-time? Kobe has choked in the clutch more than any player in history because he has more missed buzzer beaters than anybody else."

what difference does it make if he misses the most... IF HE'S MADE THE MOST? a high percentage is what exactly? it's nothing.... fodder for nerds that cant analyze the game for shit.

to make the most shots, one has to take the most shots. do you think it's easy to get off game winners when the entire universe knows exactly who is getting the ball? you are getting worse my man.

choked in the clutch? you dont know what it means to choke do you?

you have serious issues with logical progression.

"jordan was the greatest scorer of the 90s only because he took the most shots.. and that means he sucks." < bob... you sound that dumb right now.

good idea on the color.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

I don't think Kobe > Jordan, but for a Jordan Jocker and a Laker hater to disagree is literally as unsurprising as it gets.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

"C'mon man, you're losing badly at this point."

lol, who are you trying to convince?

i'm not stupid sir.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

AlaskaHawks wrote:I don't think Kobe > Jordan, but for a Jordan Jocker and a Laker hater to disagree is literally as unsurprising as it gets.
Nobody does think Kobe is better than Jordan outside kobe nuthuggers or people with serious lack of basketball.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
No seriously, there is no way you believe he's #2. I don't know a single expert, analyst human being with any knowledge that would ever agree with that. They would all laugh in your face. Come on man
of course he is and i have no problems defending it. one can put magic at #2 and kobe at three but that's a hard sell. jordan has no place in the top three... top media darling and top purveyor of really cheap underwear? yes.

"don't know a single expert, analyst..."

just stop right there. i am sure you dont know any of the above so what is your point? either way.. even if you did, i dont give a fuck about the people you get your opinions from.

can you make your own argument or not?
lol, k i'm done buying your trolling. You best just try somebody else. lol nobody with basketball knowledge would believe any of your garbage.
if abe cant handle me.. what makes you think that one much less knowledgeable than him (YOU) can?

just take them hurt feelings and crawl away.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Robceltsfan wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

You can't cure crazy (not without medication anyways) so there's no point in arguing with you anymore. Saying Kobe or Magic are better than Jordan in any sense is simply stupid. It makes me feel bad for wasting so much time debating with you. That's simply strange to think that. I've never had contact with a bigger homer than you.
I think he's in trolling mode right now. I have a hard time believing anybody in the world is dumb enough to believe the nonsense he typed. He's in his own world.

No, I've heard him say this many times before. He believes this trash.
it's trash yet you cant make a single counter point that even mildly makes sense.. never mind that is compelling to the contrary.

dont diss yourself like that bob, lol.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:
of course he is and i have no problems defending it. one can put magic at #2 and kobe at three but that's a hard sell. jordan has no place in the top three... top media darling and top purveyor of really cheap underwear? yes.

just stop right there. i am sure you dont know any of the above so what is your point? either way.. even if you did, i dont give a fuck about the people you get your opinions from.

lol, k i'm done buying your trolling. You best just try somebody else. lol nobody with basketball knowledge would believe any of your garbage.
if abe cant handle me.. what makes you think that one much less knowledgeable than him (YOU) can?

I can list a couple comparisons that shuts any kobe argument up so move along before you get beaten down.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Here you go Town, here's just a comparison of career numbers, stats etc without the big accolades Jordan puts to shame on Kobe.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-bry ... z2sfrBTiQH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

town bidness wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
town bidness wrote:sorry, i forgot about this thread.

"Laker fans keep grasping at this falsehood of Kobe being the clutchest player of all-time."

it's just reality you cant accept because you must keep your delusion alive.

"Simply put, it isn't true. He may have the most game winners of all-time, but if he does, that's only because he likely has at least TWICE as many game winning attempts as any other player in history."

"And for you to say Bird wasn't an amazing defensive player is also short-sighted."

LOL, i watched him and he was average at best to slightly below average. amazing defensive players can make more than 3 second all defensive teams and DEFINITELY more than ZERO first teams. this is just a completely superficial view of what you are comparing here... not even going in any real depth. unbelievable.

give me a fucking break. let me guess... dirk is a tremendous defender also in your myopic view of bball?

"But did you know that Bird led the NBA in defensive win shares FOUR times? Kobe never did that even once. I place Kobe in the Derek Jeter category of defensive player........grossly overrated. Bird averaged more steals during his career."

LOL, holy shit you are desperate. defensive win share four times eh? woooooooow.

steals? good for bird. i'm sure iverson was a defensive giant in your eyes.

good thing the coaches for the nba were not as terrible at simple analysis over the last 35 years. no one with a fulling function brain would say this. i actually fear for your mental well being.

kobe with all of his nine defensive first teams from coaches in the league and many years of stellar defense is 'grossly overrated' but bird and his defensive win share is solid proof in your eyes? mind you again that is in the purview of the simple minded, superficial bball fan.

"Bird has a better career defensive rating (101 versus 105 for Kobe), despite playing in a slightly faster paced era. Bird's defense was underrated, Kobe's overrated. I'd give Kobe the slight edge defensively because he's simply more athletic. But the difference is not that great."

LOL... holy shit.. all of that just to concede to reality in the most backhanded, intellectually dishonest and detached from reality sort of way that kobe is indeed the better defender because he is "more athletic". lol, either you have a character flaw of some sort or you must think low of me.

kobe is the more athletic player in every facet and kobe was the SMARTER player in every facet of the gave as evidenced by his PLAY and SUCCESS.

there is nothing you can do about it either. plus he didnt even need the greatest front line in history either, lol.

why did you focus so narrowly on this and dodge all of the other details in my post prior? you assertion about birds shooting, etc was stomped on.

So to you, Kobe is more clutch because he hit 10 more game winners despite taking 50 more shot attempts? And you say my logic is flawed? You can't compare something like Kobe's game winners against Kareem's scoring. True, both are volume stats, but Kobe's is situational and "clutchness" is based on percentages, not volume. Kobe hit game winners at a very pedestrian pace but getting 2, 3, maybe 4 times as many buzzer beater attempts as other stars does NOT make him the clutchest of all-time. I'm sorry you believe that is the case. It isn't.

And please tell me when you stomped on the portion of my argument where Bird was a better shooter. This isn't debatable. Bird IS the better shooter on almost every single level possible. Kobe can dunk better than Bird, so he has that.

So to you, Kobe is more clutch because he hit 10 more game winners despite taking 50 more shot attempts?

i'd rather use the real stats but even in your scenario.. YES KOBE IS MORE CLUTCH FOR DELIVERING MORE IN THE CLUTCH REGARDLESS OF YOUR PERSONAL FEELINGS. those game winners are not subject to pace, to number of possessions, etc so it's a very straight forward metric wouldnt you agree? either you sealed the game or you didnt regardless of era. it's like trying to argue 5 is more than 10. worrying about the percentage, etc is for the feeble minded that never get to kobes' level of play.

"True, both are volume stats, but Kobe's is situational and "clutchness" is based on percentages, not volume."

lol... really? did you want to reframe this i think your thought process has become muddled.

"Kobe hit game winners at a very pedestrian pace but getting 2, 3, maybe 4 times as many buzzer beater attempts as other stars does NOT make him the clutchest of all-time. I'm sorry you believe that is the case. It isn't."

ok fair enough... i'll play along. if kobe knocking down game winners is pedestrian even though we all know he has the most all time... who is an example of exemplary closing and why?

"And please tell me when you stomped on the portion of my argument where Bird was a better shooter. This isn't debatable. Bird IS the better shooter on almost every single level possible. Kobe can dunk better than Bird, so he has that"

re-read the entire thread if you must. there is a record of the conversation above, lol. no bird was not a better shooter neither. a 4% difference while shooting half as many points to the opposite.... unless you think birds 3pt% would stay the same or go up if he doubled his 3pt output... you cant believe that.

OK, since you seem to like volume, let's see you deny this. If Kobe has taken the most buzzer beaters, regardless of % for your sake, wouldn't that lead you to believe he's missed the most buzzer beaters of all-time? Kobe has choked in the clutch more than any player in history because he has more missed buzzer beaters than anybody else.

Now, I know this isn't the truth, but by your logic that's how I should see it. I mean, if Kobe missed the most buzzer beaters all-time, that must make his the least clutch player ever, right?

[/quote]

"K, since you seem to like volume, let's see you deny this. If Kobe has taken the most buzzer beaters, regardless of % for your sake, wouldn't that lead you to believe he's missed the most buzzer beaters of all-time? Kobe has choked in the clutch more than any player in history because he has more missed buzzer beaters than anybody else."

what difference does it make if he misses the most... IF HE'S MADE THE MOST? a high percentage is what exactly? it's nothing.... fodder for nerds that cant analyze the game for shit.

to make the most shots, one has to take the most shots. do you think it's easy to get off game winners when the entire universe knows exactly who is getting the ball? you are getting worse my man.

"jordan was the greatest scorer of the 90s only because he took the most shots.. and that means he sucks." < bob... you sound that dumb right now.

good idea on the color.[/quote]

It makes a huge difference for a stat like buzzer beaters. Who's the more clutch player. The man who hit 10 out of 50 for his career, or the man who hit 8 out of 10? The first guy failed 40 times to connect. The second guy failed twice. You give Kobe kudos for hitting the most, but none for missing the most. If he was so clutch he should be able to hit the shot at as high or a higher rate than other stars of current and past. The guy shooting 20% plays too much hero ball and comes up empty far too often. This is Kobe Bryant in a nut shell at the end of a game.

If you want to use the argument of "do you think it's easy to get off game winners when the entire universe knows exactly who is getting the ball?" then I bring into question that high B-ball IQ of Kobe's that you so easily spout off about. If he's draped in double coverage at the end of the game then he should pass the ball. Playing hero ball does not impress me. Taking a bad shot in the clutch does not impress me. Kobe is a mediocre buzzer beater shooter and there's nothing you can say to change my mind on that.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote:

I can list a couple comparisons that shuts any kobe argument up so move along before you get beaten down.
i'll just pick them apart as the bs they are and point out much more relevant facts to ones legacy that is more important than fg%, scoring titles and mvps.

dont waste your time or mines.... or on second thought, go ahead. i'll remember to come back to the thread when i have to go.

just be glad jordan is above russell all time today... barely. my list shifts from time to time. an argument can be made to have russell over jordan and magic but i wont make it.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:

i'll just pick them apart as the bs they are and point out much more relevant facts to ones legacy that is more important than fg%, scoring titles and mvps.

dont waste your time or mines.... or on second thought, go ahead. i'll remember to come back to the thread when i have to go.

just be glad jordan is above russell all time today... barely. my list shifts from time to time. an argument can be made to have russell over jordan and magic but i wont make it.
Oh ok so since Jordan beats Kobe out in stats, mvp's, finals mvp's, scoring titles, Championships etc, we will just ignore thsoe cause they dont' show anything that matters right? lol wow
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Robceltsfan wrote:
town bidness wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

re-read the entire thread if you must. there is a record of the conversation above, lol. no bird was not a better shooter neither. a 4% difference while shooting half as many points to the opposite.... unless you think birds 3pt% would stay the same or go up if he doubled his 3pt output... you cant believe that.

good idea on the color.[/quote]

It makes a huge difference for a stat like buzzer beaters. Who's the more clutch player. The man who hit 10 out of 50 for his career, or the man who hit 8 out of 10? The first guy failed 40 times to connect. The second guy failed twice. You give Kobe kudos for hitting the most, but none for missing the most. If he was so clutch he should be able to hit the shot at as high or a higher rate than other stars of current and past. The guy shooting 20% plays too much hero ball and comes up empty far too often. This is Kobe Bryant in a nut shell at the end of a game.

If you want to use the argument of "do you think it's easy to get off game winners when the entire universe knows exactly who is getting the ball?" then I bring into question that high B-ball IQ of Kobe's that you so easily spout off about. If he's draped in double coverage at the end of the game then he should pass the ball. Playing hero ball does not impress me. Taking a bad shot in the clutch does not impress me. Kobe is a mediocre buzzer beater shooter and there's nothing you can say to change my mind on that.
[/quote]

"You give Kobe kudos for hitting the most, but none for missing the most."

of course, you get credit for what one does. why is that such a foreign concept for you?

you know what... i'll play along. what is the average for game winners in the nba and what is kobe's average?

"If you want to use the argument of "do you think it's easy to get off game winners when the entire universe knows exactly who is getting the ball?" then I bring into question that high B-ball IQ of Kobe's that you so easily spout off about."

well you can do that and it would be folly. i question your capacities if you cant understand that kobe has it like that because he can do that. how many game winners did bird have? he played for over a decade and if he doesnt have more it's solely because he was not able. kobe has done it more and it has lead to many more rings and title defenses than bird.

just accept that fact.

"The guy shooting 20% plays too much hero ball and comes up empty far too often."

where did you get this number from?

kobe playing hero ball netted MUCH more success and money for the lakers than larry and his christ like team work and einstein-esque bball acumen. how odd.. it's almost as if kobe is better than larry bird in clutch moments based on results. inconvenient for you and those of your wishful ilk.

"Playing hero ball does not impress me."

who gives a fuck? it was more effective that birds' so called 'vastly smarter game' wasnt it?

you dont even have a middle school kids understanding of the game. your ideas of the history of bball comes from your wishes and desires, not the world in which we reside.

"Taking a bad shot in the clutch does not impress me."

good thing for kobe he has more good shots in the clutch than any other player in history. what kind of dope only focuses on the misses? a loser.

"Kobe is a mediocre buzzer beater shooter and there's nothing you can say to change my mind on that."

you really need to look up mediocre and if kobe is such... then who is the best closer to date and why? must i ask a third time unless i missed the first time.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote: I can list a couple comparisons that shuts any kobe argument up so move along before you get beaten down.

Oh ok so since Jordan beats Kobe out in stats, mvp's, finals mvp's, scoring titles, Championships etc, we will just ignore thsoe cause they dont' show anything that matters right? lol wow
make a thread in the near future and i'll edify you yet again.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:

make a thread in the near future and i'll edify you yet again.
lol, there isn't any argument for Kobe. No need to embarrass yourself as you are now.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Robceltsfan wrote:And further to your response about Kareem and his points, I assume you think that Karl Malone was a better scorer than Michael Jordan, right? I suppose Robert Parish was a better scorer than Larry Bird???

Kobe Kids bank on volume stats because of his longevity. I get that and I'm OK with you trying to use that as a source of arguing power, but it won't fly with me. Kareem is not the greatest scorer of all-time, he simply took alot of shots over a long career. The career points list is fairly worthless. A guy that plays 10 seasons and averages 25 PPG is an infinetly better scorer than a guy who averages 15 PPG over 20 seasons.
"And further to your response about Kareem and his points, I assume you think that Karl Malone was a better scorer than Michael Jordan, right? I suppose Robert Parish was a better scorer than Larry Bird???"

yes and yes. does that make one a better player if one has nothing to show for gaudy scoring? dont be an ass but yes a better scorer.

live with it.

"Kobe Kids bank on volume stats because of his longevity. I get that and I'm OK with you trying to use that as a source of arguing power, but it won't fly with me. Kareem is not the greatest scorer of all-time, he simply took alot of shots over a long career. The career points list is fairly worthless. A guy that plays 10 seasons and averages 25 PPG is an infinetly better scorer than a guy who averages 15 PPG over 20 seasons."

lol, are you under the mistaken assumption that longevity is not a virtue wished for by every athlete regardless of sport or level?

kareem is the greatest scorer of all time because he made the most points.... unless you think scoring consist of something other than the ball going in the hoop. i'm sure when the lakers beat the celtics during the 80s you could rationalize that the celtics didnt lose regardless of the score.

so a player that couldnt play longer is a better scorer than one that could stay in the league longer due to ppg? you must assume that lebron is the third greatest scorer in history followed by baylor and west then right? LOL, you're a moron.

ok i'll play along. explain to me how a representation of the totals is more important than the actual totals and can that representation exist with out the totals? < dont dodge.

you are getting worse rapidly bob.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Robceltsfan wrote:
town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
No seriously, there is no way you believe he's #2. I don't know a single expert, analyst human being with any knowledge that would ever agree with that. They would all laugh in your face. Come on man

You can't cure crazy (not without medication anyways) so there's no point in arguing with you anymore. Saying Kobe or Magic are better than Jordan in any sense is simply stupid. It makes me feel bad for wasting so much time debating with you. That's simply strange to think that. I've never had contact with a bigger homer than you.
ah i missed this.

that's not a compelling argument. it's emotional blather.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

Greatest scorer is all in what u value most:

Kareem:total points
MJ: Career avg
Wilt: lots of unbreakable records

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Mikan
Rookie

Post by Mikan »

Results from the 24 posters that posted their full top 10 players list:

1. MJ - 224 points (avg. rank - 1.7)
2. KAJ - 210 points (avg. rank - 2.2)
3. Russell - 186 points (avg. rank - 3.2)
4. Magic - 173 points (avg. rank - 4.2)
5. Bird - 140 points (avg. rank - 5.2)
6. Wilt - 130 points (avg. rank - 5.6)
7. Kobe - 76 points (avg. rank - 7.8)
8. Duncan - 69 points (avg. rank - 8.1)
9. Shaq - 66 points (avg. rank - 8.2)
10. Hakeem - 39 points (avg. rank - 9.4)

Others recieving votes - Lebron (21 points), Oscar (6 points), Mikan (3 points), West (3 points), Erving (1 point)

Here is how I calculated the results:

#1=10 points
#2=9 points
#3=8 points
#4=7 points
#5=6 points
#6=5 points
#7=4 points
#8=3 points
#9=2 points
#10=1 point
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Mikan wrote:Results from the 24 posters that posted their full top 10 players list:

Others recieving votes - Lebron (21 points), Oscar (6 points), Mikan (3 points), West (3 points), Erving (1 point)

#1=10 points
#2=9 points
#3=8 points
#4=7 points
#5=6 points
#6=5 points
#7=4 points
#8=3 points
#9=2 points
#10=1 point

Kobe at #7 is absurd... otherwise the list is solid.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Mikan
Rookie

Post by Mikan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
Mikan wrote:Results from the 24 posters that posted their full top 10 players list:

#1=10 points
#2=9 points
#3=8 points
#4=7 points
#5=6 points
#6=5 points
#7=4 points
#8=3 points
#9=2 points
#10=1 point

Kobe at #7 is absurd... otherwise the list is solid.
Reported