Once and for all, let's settle this debate...

Talk about anything here.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Re: Once and for all, let's settle this debate...

Post by zombiesonics »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:I already answered this question: Lebron improved his efficiency. .. which resulted in an improved PER, from 29.1 in 2008 to 31.7 in 2009 (career high)... Hence, the Cavs won 21 more games.

Bulls fans avoiding this post like the plague.

So LeBron's PER going up modestly is THE reason for a 21 Win improvement, eh?

Please explain how his PER could have such a monumental impact when the rest of his numbers are virtually equal across the board.
Modestly? Lebron had the 4th highest PER in NBA history that season.

Lebron had a historical season, that's why the Cavs won 66 games.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Just for shits and giggles, let's compare the 2009 Cavs (a roster "allegedly" full of scrub tomato cans) to some NBA Championship teams...

1994 Rockets vs. 2009 Cavs
#2 - overall Defense - #3
#5 - OppPPG - #1
#3 - Opp3pt% - #1
#3 - OppFG% - #2
#15 - overall Offense - #4
#13 - PPG - #13
#15 - 3ptFG% - #2
#10 - FG% - #6
#10 - Rebounding - #7
58-24 - Record - 66-16

WoW... !!
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

1999 Spurs vs. 2009 Cavs
#1 - overall Defense - #3
#3 - OppPPG - #1
#2 - Opp3pt% - #1
#1 - OppFG% - #2
#1 - overall Offense - #4
#13 - PPG - #13
#19 - 3ptFG% - #2
#5 - FG% - #6
#4 - Rebounding - #7
37-13 - Record - 66-16

Timmy Duncan sure was playing with a ton of tomato cans that year, eh?

:lol:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

zombiesonics wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:I already answered this question: Lebron improved his efficiency. .. which resulted in an improved PER, from 29.1 in 2008 to 31.7 in 2009 (career high)... Hence, the Cavs won 21 more games.

Bulls fans avoiding this post like the plague.

So LeBron's PER going up modestly is THE reason for a 21 Win improvement, eh?

Please explain how his PER could have such a monumental impact when the rest of his numbers are virtually equal across the board.
Modestly? Lebron had the 4th highest PER in NBA history that season.

Lebron had a historical season, that's why the Cavs won 66 games.

Again... LeBron's 2009 numbers were virtually identical (across the board) to his 2008 production:

LeBron 2008: 75 games / 30.0 / 7.9 / 7.2 / 1.8 / 1.1 / .484% / .315% / .712%
LeBron 2009: 81 games / 28.4 / 7.6 / 7.2 / 1.7 / 1.1 / .489% / .344% / .780%

Your logic does not add up... at all

Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

rileymartin wrote:LOL, the lapdoggies are fighting hard for their drunken master tonight!!!

Lapdoggies unite!!!!

Hey dumb ass. This was a basketball topic. Better to be a lapdog. Than a LeBron Pussy. Y ou are a pussy. You have made no factual post in this thread.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Da Stars. wrote:
rileymartin wrote:LOL, the lapdoggies are fighting hard for their drunken master tonight!!!

Lapdoggies unite!!!!

Hey dumb ass. This was a basketball topic. Better to be a lapdog. Than a LeBron Pussy. Y ou are a pussy. You have made no factual post in this thread.
LOL, the little lapdoggy is showing his teeth now. Watch you ankles!
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

DorianRo wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once again.. the GOAT kitchen leaves the LeTots dumbfounded. They are looking for answers and bailouts faster than Lebron in Game 6 of the finals

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

rileymartin wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:

Lapdoggies unite!!!!

You seem upset that your hero has been THOROUGHLY exposed...

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rileymartin wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:

Here is the difference between me and you gramps (besides the obvious fact that you are a raging alcoholic).. basketball players are not my heroes. You can suck off jordan all you want. i don't give 2 shits about LeBron lol. I am a Heat fan old timer.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Lapdoggies unite!!!!

Yawn
TheStig
All-Star

Post by TheStig »

constitutionnomore wrote:
rileymartin wrote:these Jordan pole smokers and TDK lapdoggies seem to feel very threatened by LeBron lol.

...gee, riley in a TDK thread...say it ain't so..haha...
That's because he's a lapdoggie
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

TheStig wrote:
rileymartin wrote:these Jordan pole smokers and TDK lapdoggies seem to feel very threatened by LeBron lol.

No one follows TDK around more than riley. He's a very angry dude
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

All the lapdoggies present and accounted for lol.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

rileymartin wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Here is the difference between me and you gramps (besides the obvious fact that you are a raging alcoholic).. basketball players are not my heroes. You can suck off jordan all you want. i don't give 2 shits about LeBron lol. I am a Heat fan old timer.

If Lebron isn't your hero then he's your fantasy lover because you sure do get defensive when he's exposed... I mean, you actually wished death on me for talking smack on James, yet now you claim to not give two shits about him???

Sorry chump, but you're full of doggie poo-poo.

Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Is Riley still stalking TDK?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Titan18 wrote:Is Riley still stalking TDK?

I refused to send him an autographed photo so he's a little angry with me...

TheStig
All-Star

Post by TheStig »

Titan18 wrote:
TheStig wrote:

No one follows TDK around more than riley. He's a very angry dude
I would say it's between him and ripper. They both chased him all over the internet after screaming everyday for him to be banned. It's definitely odd behavior.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

First off, if we are going to be honest in this debate, how big was the improvement? By that I mean, look at the prior year. LeBron missed 7 games and they lost all seven. They were 0-7 in the games he missed in 2008 and he only missed one game in 2009. They were 45-30 in the games he played in 2008and if we assume a roughly similar win percentage, then the Cavs would have won 50 games in 2008 and the improvement is a more modest 16 games.

The single biggest change between the two years from a roster point of view was at the PG position. Larry Hughes and Boobie Gibson had split the duties in 2008. Both were obviously very flawed for different reasons. In their place, the Cavs traded for Mo Williams. Mo had been a journeyman with very little team success and limited individual success prior to his two years and change with the Cavs. However, addition by subtraction and his contributions, especially with his 3 point shooting was a big boost to the Cavs. I'm not sure how much to say of the 15 game improvement would be because of the addition of Mo and the subtraction of Hughes, but it would be meaningful.

I think an often overlooked reason is also the fact that Anderson Varajeo played almost twice as many minutes in 2009 as in 2008. Varajeo was always very underrated on those teams. A hard nosed defender, rebounder and a better offensive player than he got credit for. Excellent basketball IQ, great screen setter and just a very solid guy. Part and parcel with that was the fact his minutes came at the expense of Drew Gooden, who was grossly overrated. Again, some addition by subtraction. In addition, Joe Smith, who while old and JJ Hickson, gave them some reasonably productive minutes as reserve bigs over and above what they got in 2008. Again, hard to quantify just how much that meant. Less than the addition of Mo, but meaningful.

Finally, I think that was the first year that LeBron truly put in major effort at the defensive end to be a complete player. His commitment to defense was definitely worth a few extra wins over 2008.

Anyways, at the end of the day, addition by subtraction, the addition of Mo Williams in lieu of Larry Hughes, far more minutes for Varajeo, a healthier more balanced roster and LeBron's development at the defensive end were the big changes from 2008. How you want to split that up to come up with 15 wins.....
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:08 am First off, if we are going to be honest in this debate, how big was the improvement? By that I mean, look at the prior year. LeBron missed 7 games and they lost all seven. They were 0-7 in the games he missed in 2008 and he only missed one game in 2009. They were 45-30 in the games he played in 2008and if we assume a roughly similar win percentage, then the Cavs would have won 50 games in 2008 and the improvement is a more modest 16 games.

The single biggest change between the two years from a roster point of view was at the PG position. Larry Hughes and Boobie Gibson had split the duties in 2008. Both were obviously very flawed for different reasons. In their place, the Cavs traded for Mo Williams. Mo had been a journeyman with very little team success and limited individual success prior to his two years and change with the Cavs. However, addition by subtraction and his contributions, especially with his 3 point shooting was a big boost to the Cavs. I'm not sure how much to say of the 15 game improvement would be because of the addition of Mo and the subtraction of Hughes, but it would be meaningful.

I think an often overlooked reason is also the fact that Anderson Varajeo played almost twice as many minutes in 2009 as in 2008. Varajeo was always very underrated on those teams. A hard nosed defender, rebounder and a better offensive player than he got credit for. Excellent basketball IQ, great screen setter and just a very solid guy. Part and parcel with that was the fact his minutes came at the expense of Drew Gooden, who was grossly overrated. Again, some addition by subtraction. In addition, Joe Smith, who while old and JJ Hickson, gave them some reasonably productive minutes as reserve bigs over and above what they got in 2008. Again, hard to quantify just how much that meant. Less than the addition of Mo, but meaningful.

Finally, I think that was the first year that LeBron truly put in major effort at the defensive end to be a complete player. His commitment to defense was definitely worth a few extra wins over 2008.

Anyways, at the end of the day, addition by subtraction, the addition of Mo Williams in lieu of Larry Hughes, far more minutes for Varajeo, a healthier more balanced roster and LeBron's development at the defensive end were the big changes from 2008. How you want to split that up to come up with 15 wins.....
LeBump
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

A lot of those posters are no longer posting.