True/False: The NBA has less talent now than years prior.

Talk about anything here.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Re: True/False: The NBA has less talent now than years prior

Post by l3bron »

y2ktors wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
y2ktors wrote:

So is this one season indicative of how the entire decade was? I wouldn't say so.

I randomly grabbed a single year in the 90s. If you think it changed significantly... be my guest and do your own homework that shows more than 1/2 the league's centers weren't stiffs in another year.
Abe,the discussion isn't whether there were below average centers though. That's every era in every season. I've never denied that.

That's why when comparing the two eras, I find it silly to say that the group of Cs that Rondo listed as being better or even on par with the 90's top 10ish group.

This is the biggest difference between the two eras and she's in denial.
You're having a very difficult time grasping my point.

I'm not comparing the group I listed to the ALL of the 90's top 10 centers. What an incredibly stupid argument. My point was that from top-to-bottom this group of centers is every bit as good as any season from the 90's. Abe did a great job showing the MASSIVE drop off after the top 4-5 centers from that era. You just don't want to admit that your precious nostalgia-filled era isn't all it's hyped up to be by Skip Bayless and all the clowns at ESPN.
Come at the King, you best not miss.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I randomly grabbed a single year in the 90s. If you think it changed significantly... be my guest and do your own homework that shows more than 1/2 the league's centers weren't stiffs in another year.
Abe,the discussion isn't whether there were below average centers though. That's every era in every season. I've never denied that.

That's why when comparing the two eras, I find it silly to say that the group of Cs that Rondo listed as being better or even on par with the 90's top 10ish group.

I'm not comparing the group I listed to the ALL of the 90's top 10 centers. What an incredibly stupid argument. My point was that from top-to-bottom this group of centers is every bit as good as any season from the 90's.
Abe did a great job showing the MASSIVE drop off after the top 4-5 centers from that era.
You just don't want to admit that your precious nostalgia-filled era isn't all it's hyped up to be by Skip Bayless and all the clowns at ESPN.
Actually he didn't. You fail to grasp that behind those 4-5 ELITE centers, there were some damn good-solid players. The gap is so extreme because ELITE >>>>>> Damn good. Your era DOES NOT have that ELITE player outside of Duncan, who didn't always play C but I think he belongs in this topic, so there is no steep dropoff.

You're acting as if those 4-5 guys were the only talented Cs in the 90s. It's simply not the case. You've got to be either misinformed or just plain in denial to not think that the 90s had a better group of Cs.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

l3bron wrote:
Jordan420Bulls wrote:
l3bron wrote: You mentioned "PED's." I don't think you understand what that implies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performanc ... cing_drugs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I know exactly what it implies.....the PED's of today that Bronz and a good portion of the players are on are FAR more advanced and "performance beneficial" then those of the 90's and before. This isn't up for debate.
Do you have a list of PED's of today and doctor's testimonies on the effects of said drugs? Can you expand on what makes them superior to the PED's that Jordan took?

Thanks.
Jordan taking PEDs lmao, good one
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

l3bron wrote:
Jordan420Bulls wrote:
l3bron wrote: You mentioned "PED's." I don't think you understand what that implies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performanc ... cing_drugs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I know exactly what it implies.....the PED's of today that Bronz and a good portion of the players are on are FAR more advanced and "performance beneficial" then those of the 90's and before. This isn't up for debate.
Do you have a list of PED's of today and doctor's testimonies on the effects of said drugs? Can you expand on what makes them superior to the PED's that Jordan took?

Thanks.
This isn't a court of law, I don't need any(but yes the documentation is out there)....It's common sense.....I also don't need any "documentation" to know Barry Bonds took PED's or that OJ "did it" either.

MJ's cranium size didn't explode like Bronze..... he also didn't have worse acne in his late 20's then he did in high school.....nice try at deflecting though.

You're welcome.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:

I'm not comparing the group I listed to the ALL of the 90's top 10 centers. What an incredibly stupid argument. My point was that from top-to-bottom this group of centers is every bit as good as any season from the 90's.
Abe did a great job showing the MASSIVE drop off after the top 4-5 centers from that era.
You just don't want to admit that your precious nostalgia-filled era isn't all it's hyped up to be by Skip Bayless and all the clowns at ESPN.
Actually he didn't. You fail to grasp that behind those 4-5 ELITE centers, there were some damn good-solid players. The gap is so extreme because ELITE >>>>>> Damn good. Your era DOES NOT have that ELITE player outside of Duncan, who didn't always play C but I think he belongs in this topic, so there is no steep dropoff.

You're acting as if those 4-5 guys were the only talented Cs in the 90s. It's simply not the case. You've got to be either misinformed or just plain in denial to not think that the 90s had a better group of Cs.
Who are these "damn good" players? You must have low criteria for "damn good." Is Omer Asik a "damn good" center?

Again, pick any season and let's compare the players. This offer has been on the table all day and you refuse to acknowledge it.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

Jordan420Bulls wrote:
l3bron wrote:
Jordan420Bulls wrote:

Thanks.
This isn't a court of law, I don't need any(but yes the documentation is out there)....It's common sense.....I also don't need any "documentation" to know Barry Bonds took PED's or that OJ "did it" either.

MJ's cranium size didn't explode like Bronze..... he also didn't have worse acne in his late 20's then he did in high school.....nice try at deflecting though.

You're welcome.
So you have nothing?

Shocking.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote: You're having a very difficult time grasping my point.

I'm not comparing the group I listed to the ALL of the 90's top 10 centers. What an incredibly stupid argument. My point was that from top-to-bottom this group of centers is every bit as good as any season from the 90's. You just don't want to admit that your precious nostalgia-filled era isn't all it's hyped up to be by Skip Bayless and all the clowns at ESPN.

Who are these "damn good" players? You must have low criteria for "damn good." Is Omer Asik a "damn good" center?

Again, pick any season and let's compare the players. This offer has been on the table all day and you refuse to acknowledge it.
1992-93. Start there

l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:

1992-93. Start there
OK go ahead. List the "damn good" centers that season.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote: Who are these "damn good" players? You must have low criteria for "damn good." Is Omer Asik a "damn good" center?

1992-93. Start there
Shaq. Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson, mutumbo, zo, to name a few who all put any big in today's game to shame
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

deezna10 wrote:
l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
1992-93. Start there
Shaq. Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson, mutumbo, zo, to name a few who all put any big in today's game to shame
Why don't you sit this one out champ?
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

l3bron wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
l3bron wrote: OK go ahead. List the "damn good" centers that season.
I don't need any more posts than that one to win that argument chump
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

deezna10 wrote:
l3bron wrote:
deezna10 wrote: Shaq. Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson, mutumbo, zo, to name a few who all put any big in today's game to shame
I don't need any more posts than that one to win that argument chump
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote: Who are these "damn good" players? You must have low criteria for "damn good." Is Omer Asik a "damn good" center?

1992-93. Start there

Forget just this particular season. As players overall: Seikaly, Mutumbo, Daugherty were damn good players.

Then after that level is: Divac, Smits, and an old but still productive Robert Parish.

Around this time was when Kemp and Cliff Robinson were hybrids aka Pf/C but I consist them more of forwards than Cs so I will not include them.

Y2K

Post by Y2K »

deezna10 wrote:
l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
1992-93. Start there
Those 5 outside of Mutumbo were elite. They're better than damn good.