Mount Rushmore

A house for $900k in Long Island bordering queens

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Re: A house for $900k in Long Island bordering queens

Post by Titan18 »

Does it go super far back? How does it have 7 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms?
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Inglewood, CA (Aka: The Wood) - deep piru bloods territory

$1M

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/122- ... e=txtshare
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Just 10 years ago those houses were $350k smh
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I took a look at my main childhood home.

It sold for 48K in 2003, 85k in 2015, and is estimated at 180K now.

I feel so bad for the families coming up in life now. Boomers could get a home if they were barely competent. My generation could buy a home if they were competent and didn't delay too long. This upcoming cohort though....yikes.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:14 pm I took a look at my main childhood home.

I feel so bad for the families coming up in life now. Boomers could get a home if they were barely competent. My generation could buy a home if they were competent and didn't delay too long. This upcoming cohort though....yikes.
They will need to be very fortunate with income, or with parents willing to get them into the market.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

but you haven’t even seen the backyard
ElJorge
All-Star

Post by ElJorge »

Chump change
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

The house I posted has property taxes of $1k per month. With 20% down your all in monthly payment is around $5-$6k depending on your interest rate.
It’s sickening out there.
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:20 pm
Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:14 pm I took a look at my main childhood home.

They will need to be very fortunate with income, or with parents willing to get them into the market.
Depends on if there is a housing collapse or not...Blackstone is offloading right now in Florida currently as a loss

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Titan18 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:40 pm Does it go super far back? How does it have 7 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms?
The rooms are tiny... notice the bedooms have no furniture and very minimal closet space, while you could almost touch the bathroom walls just by extending your arms straight out. Hell, the entire lot is only 4,000 feet... the house itself is gotta be like living in a coffin, and for nearly a MILLION dollars to boot????

You have to be a fool to spend that kind of money for that place. NYers are stupid, no wonder they're Trump Haters.

:L
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

lettherebehouse wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:43 pm Inglewood, CA (Aka: The Wood) - deep piru bloods territory

$1M

...and Californians are even dumber than NYers.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

lettherebehouse wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:43 pm Inglewood, CA (Aka: The Wood) - deep piru bloods territory

$1M

32 beds?
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

elmerjfudd wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:43 pm

$1M

32 beds?

It’s Inglewood, they have to trick the Mexicans their family will all fit.
ElJorge
All-Star

Post by ElJorge »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:29 pm

$1M

I can actually see why those home prices shock you… I just googled the median home prices of the Chicago suburbs and it’s pretty cheap at $360K. Homes are a lot like art… they’re worth whatever someone is willing to pay. And apparently no one wants to pay to live in Shitcago lol
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

ElJorge wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:42 pm

$1M

I can actually see why those home prices shock you… I just googled the median home prices of the Chicago suburbs and it’s pretty cheap at $360K. Homes are a lot like art… they’re worth whatever someone is willing to pay. And apparently no one wants to pay to live in Shitcago lol
That’s pretty much the only positive about living in Illinois. Home prices are still pretty affordable. We got a nice 3 bed for around 280k in 2020.

However some of the riff raff from Shitcago is starting to make its way towards us so we are actually planning on buying a 2nd house about another 45 minutes west where we can get a 4-5 bed/3500 square feet for around 400-450k. My wife is fully remote and I have a hybrid option so my commute will suck ass for 2-3 days a week but it will be worth it.

Not sure how I feel about be a landlord but if it doesn’t work out we will just sell. Will definitely discriminate on potential tenants.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

$1M

Say whatever you wish but you literally have to have screws loose in your head to pay $1 million for that piece of shit home... it makes the NY home look like the steal of a lifetime.

"Property being sold in its present condition; seller will make NO repairs and NO termite clearance."

So a cool mil just to buy the dump, THEN prolly another half a mil to fix it up... assuming there's anything left after the termites are done.

:lol: :roll: :L

ElJorge
All-Star

Post by ElJorge »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 10:06 pm

Say whatever you wish but you literally have to have screws loose in your head to pay $1 million for that piece of shit home... it makes the NY home look like the steal of a lifetime.

"Property being sold in its present condition; seller will make NO repairs and NO termite clearance."

So a cool mil just to buy the dump, THEN prolly another half a mil to fix it up... assuming there's anything left after the termites are done.

:lol: :roll: :L
I’d never pay that much for that property. But it’s mainly the land that they’re selling. Anyone that can afford to drop a mill on a home has the money to fix it up. The house will be gutted and rebuilt most likely. Then it’ll increase in value even more.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

There needs to be higher taxes on speculators, vacancy taxes, better tax incentives for builders and first time buyers and a complete ban on any non-American individual or entity owning more than 1 American property. Airbnb should be illegal.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

kobeunderbite wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:32 am There needs to be higher taxes on speculators, vacancy taxes, better tax incentives for builders and first time buyers and a complete ban on any non-American individual or entity owning more than 1 American property. Airbnb should be illegal.
Are you in Nassau or westchester? Or are you with the miserable Hasidics in rockland?