Our coffee shops are doing so well, my Mife just told me I can retire in 2 years

Talk about anything here.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Re: Our coffee shops are doing so well, my Mife just told me I can retire in 2 years

Post by rileymartin »

First of all, there are no coffee shops...Flaccid Dan is an ESL teacher in Korea. And, he is very, very miserable.

As for retiring at a young age, there really isnt anything special about it. I have not worked in a little over 2 months now, and the truth is, It isnt gonna last for me. Even though I have done a little bit of traveling, alot of fishing, moved into a new home, and hell, i just mowed my grass this morning (Arty wasnt available), I know I have to find something a little more regimented with my time. I might become a school bus driver (Only 4-5 hours a day, summers off) or something like that just to satisfy my need for a bit more.
ElJorge
All-Star

Re: Our coffee shops are doing so well, my Mife just told me I can retire in 2 years

Post by ElJorge »

rileymartin wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:09 pmI might become a school bus driver (Only 4-5 hours a day, summers off) or something like that just to satisfy my need for a bit more.
No troll I’d end up like this if I had to drive a bunch of bratty kids around…

CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

rileymartin wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:09 pm First of all, there are no coffee shops...Flaccid Dan is an ESL teacher in Korea. And, he is very, very miserable.

As for retiring at a young age, there really isnt anything special about it. I have not worked in a little over 2 months now, and the truth is, It isnt gonna last for me. Even though I have done a little bit of traveling, alot of fishing, moved into a new home, and hell, i just mowed my grass this morning (Arty wasnt available), I know I have to find something a little more regimented with my time. I might become a school bus driver (Only 4-5 hours a day, summers off) or something like that just to satisfy my need for a bit more.
yeah I might get bored from time to time, too, but why take up a job with mandatory hours and having to be somewhere on time? If money isn't an object, I will donate my time to others on my watch when I'm up for it and when I'm not busy with some other thing.
My RAPTURE LETTER to Angergeneral: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129641&p=1841888
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

ElJorge wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:23 pm

My nephew got in trouble for telling the bus driver he wished he didn't have ears so he wouldn't have to listen to him.

My sister literally stopped the car to pull him out of the car to spank him.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:30 pm
ElJorge wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:23 pm

My nephew got in trouble for telling the bus driver he wished he didn't have ears so he wouldn't have to listen to him.

My sister literally stopped the car to pull him out of the car to spank him.
Lmao
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

arty why weren’t you available to cut crileys grass? you lazy bum.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

I don't understand boomers whose only purpose in life is to endlessly work in servitude to someone else.

How are you 50+ years old and still haven't developed multiple hobbies that could take up all of your free time if you chose to do so?

If I retired now, I know for a fact I would never get bored, and could always find things to do that I enjoy to occupy my time.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:44 pm I don't understand boomers whose only purpose in life is to endlessly work in servitude to someone else.

How are you 50+ years old and still haven't developed multiple hobbies that could take up all of your free time if you chose to do so?

If I retired now, I know for a fact I would never get bored, and could always find things to do that I enjoy to occupy my time.
Because you have a shitty jib that you hate and is unfulfilling and unsatisfactory
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:44 pm I don't understand boomers whose only purpose in life is to endlessly work in servitude to someone else.

Yet another instance of this hick trying so hard to oppose me because of the ass kickings I administered to him, that he makes himself look like a fucking idiot…
You are a new generation lazy hillbilly, so of course you wouldn’t understand kiddo…
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Of course the boomers immediately get upset at my post lol

Classic
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

I agree with LMD. You fkn “i cant retire cause of boredom” people are just weird af. The old cliche “the worst day of fishing is better than the best day at work”. Granted, I don’t have a cool scientist job or pro athlete job, but even still. There’s so many hobbies to occupy your time.

Golf
Gardening
Dedicated/focused fitness program
Fishing
Boating/Sailing
Hiking
Cooking
Book challenges
Travel
Bowling
Beach bumming
Surfing
Movies/TV
Working on cars/trucks

Whatever. Millions of shit to do better than 8 zoom calls a day with ppl I don’t care about to discuss we need more zoom calls.

:noah:
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: Our coffee shops are doing so well, my m..wife just told me I can retire in 2 years

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

CleveTown™ wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:48 am
kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:22 am
ElJorge wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 2:25 pm FWIW Clevey… working less is the way to go. I’ve already mentioned my Fri-Sun schedule, and it’s a game changer. I kill myself at the gym Mon-Thurs and am able to recover because I can sleep longer, relax, do some easy chores around the house, and spend time with my wife and kids. I did the 6-days-a-week thing for literally years and I made a really good living, but all it did was stress me the fuck out and cause issues in my marriage. There’s a lot to be said about being happy with who you are and where you are in life. Trying to impress others is a waste of time and energy. Even though he’s a lazy drunk… old man Stars kinda has the right idea. So if you can retire early you absolutely should jump on it.

It's not about 9-to-5 work per se, it's about having a purpose and challenges to conquer. Just retiring and vegging out will fuel depression.
LMAO and you're speaking from experience little boy? I had 8 months of "retired" life in Amerika when I took my daughter home and I didn't work. I did other stuff. I visited my grandma a few times a week at the old folks home, helped my uncle clean out her house, took daughter to and from school helped with homework, hung out with her after school went to many places. LMAO at depression, it was the best time of my life!

I dont sit down and veg out. I actually do stuff. Im happy to hear you find find satisfaction in "conquering challenges" like a cuck for your Jew slave master at work. I find enjoyment doing my own thing on my terms...yes, like alphas tend to do.
Sorry Clevey but you can't be an Alpha if you're being supported by a woman/wife (or if you're 50+ and still live with your mother, like artman).
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

lettherebehouse wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:20 pm I agree with LMD. You fkn “i cant retire cause of boredom” people are just weird af. The old cliche “the worst day of fishing is better than the best day at work”. Granted, I don’t have a cool scientist job or pro athlete job, but even still. There’s so many hobbies to occupy your time.

Golf
Gardening
Fishing
Boating/Sailing
Hiking
Cooking
Book challenges
Travel
Bowling
Beach bumming
Surfing
Movies/TV
Working on cars/trucks

Whatever. Millions of shit to do better than 8 zoom calls a day with ppl I don’t care about to discuss we need more zoom calls.

To each his own...I am gonna work way less for sure, and I will still have plenty of time to do many of the things you listed as well...But here is the thing...I dont hate working. I worked for the same company for 31 years, and I simply enjoyed getting up and going to work everyday. I still WANT to work...When that changes, I will stop.The nice thing is now though, its up to me...
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

ElJorge wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:24 pm
elartman1973 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:17 pm Could have retired years ago. ..for what?
Imagine doing something in life that you hate and can't wait to retire from

Pathetic.

Clevetown will die early of boredom and having no purpose or fulfilment in life
Living with your mom isn’t really being retired though.
Youre Pushing more lies as usual....thats really all you are capable of
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Anyone on AG who retires early should be spending at least some of their retirement posting on AG.

If I won the lottery, I would be upping my posting to at least 12 posts a day (currently at 7.8).
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:36 pm Anyone on AG who retires early should be spending at least some of their retirement posting on AG.

If I won the lottery, I would be upping my posting to at least 12 posts a day (currently at 7.8).
If AG is still going 30ish years from now I'll be posting at levels hitherto undreamt of.
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

rileymartin wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:58 pm I simply enjoyed getting up and going to work everyday.
That's nuts.
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

lettherebehouse wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:20 pm I agree with LMD. You fkn “i cant retire cause of boredom” people are just weird af. The old cliche “the worst day of fishing is better than the best day at work”. Granted, I don’t have a cool scientist job or pro athlete job, but even still. There’s so many hobbies to occupy your time.

Golf
Gardening
Fishing
Boating/Sailing
Hiking
Cooking
Book challenges
Travel
Bowling
Beach bumming
Surfing
Movies/TV
Working on cars/trucks

Amen to this
:trump:
CleveTown™
Superstar

Re: Our coffee shops are doing so well, my m..wife just told me I can retire in 2 years

Post by CleveTown™ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:41 pm
Sorry Clevey but you can't be an Alpha if you're being supported by a woman/wife (or if you're 50+ and still live with your mother, like artman).
You know in the animal kingdom, male lions sleep on average 16 hours a day, lay around camp all day while the female lions go out hunting and bring back the food, right? You calling the King of the jungle beta?

I see a lot of parallels between me and Lions.

lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

CleveTown™ wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:31 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:41 pm
You know in the animal kingdom, male lions sleep on average 16 hours a day, lay around camp all day while the female lions go out hunting and bring back the food, right? You calling the King of the jungle beta?

I see a lot of parallels between me and Lions.

:bryanyes: