Re: That was a great comeback

Post by elartman1973 »

Jordan would have won the game by halftime. Let's not pretend otherwise
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

So wait... Joker and a team full of tomato cans came THISCLOSE to beating a team that many fools foolishly claim is better than the Dream Team???

...and we're supposed to be impressed????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jordan and the Dream Team would have been up 50 at halftime, and coasted the rest of the way to a 20-30 point win.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:00 pm So wait... Joker and a team full of tomato cans came THISCLOSE to beating a team that many fools foolishly claim is better than the Dream Team???

Jordan and the Dream Team would have been up 50 at halftime, and coasted the rest of the way to a 20-30 point win.
Why would we listen to your opinion when we have a guy who coached against the dream team and this team saying this is the greatest team ever assembled?
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:08 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:00 pm So wait... Joker and a team full of tomato cans came THISCLOSE to beating a team that many fools foolishly claim is better than the Dream Team???

Why would we listen to your opinion when we have a guy who coached against the dream team and this team saying this is the greatest team ever assembled?
Only TDK can use appeal to authority. Otherwise, it doesn't count.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Pretty embarrassing that they were about to miss out on the gold medal game.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Deez wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:39 pm Pretty embarrassing that they were about to miss out on the gold medal game.
Didn’t the dream team lose to a bunch of college kids? I feel like that’d be a lot more embarrassing than beating jokic
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

The 1992 team was actually losing to Croatia in the gold medal game after about a full quarters' worth of minutes.

By the way in that game, Jordan got outscored by Drazen Petrovic with fewer assists and steals.

Thankfully, his teammates covered him and then some (eventually).
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:13 pm The 1992 team was actually losing to Croatia in the gold medal game after about a full quarters' worth of minutes.

By the way in that game, Jordan got outscored by Drazen Petrovic with fewer assists and steals.

Thankfully, his teammates covered him and then some (eventually).
Petrovic was a great player. I’d say arguably better than Bogdanovic who outscored LeFaggot today. Luckily he had not one but two teammates out score him as well so the USA didn’t have their most embarrassment moment since 2004.

Sit this one out Bushy. You’re clearly not a Eastern European basketball guy.

:laugh3: :laugh4:
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

In the length of time it would take to type out some dumb ass response to this, other than congrats to team USA, I could have had a shot of Wild Turkey and chased it down with a bottle of Shiner Bock.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Actually I have facts:

The 1992 Dream Team destroyed Croatia (led by NBA HOFERS Toni Kukoc and Drazen Petrovic) by 30+ points in the Gold Medal game, and overall they demolished their opponents by a staggering average margin of 44-PPG.

Meanwhile the "greatest team ever assembled" (lol) needed a last-second shot to beat South Sudan (lolol), they barely squeaked-out wins against weak Australia and Germany teams, and they just came thisclose to losing to Joker and 11 tomato cans.

Any more questions, sport?

:pimp:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:42 pm

Actually I have facts:

The 1992 Dream Team destroyed Croatia (led by NBA HOFERS Toni Kukoc and Drazen Petrovic) by 30+ points in the Gold Medal game, and overall they demolished their opponents by a staggering average margin of 44-PPG.

Meanwhile the "greatest team ever assembled" (lol) needed a last-second shot to beat South Sudan (lolol), they barely squeaked-out wins against weak Australia and Germany teams, and they just came thisclose to losing to Joker and 11 tomato cans.

Did you coach against both the dream team and this years team? Sorry, have to take his opinion over yours
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:05 pm
Deez wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:39 pm Pretty embarrassing that they were about to miss out on the gold medal game.
Didn’t the dream team lose to a bunch of college kids? I feel like that’d be a lot more embarrassing than beating jokic
Yeah losing a meaningless scrimmage compares to choking on the big stage.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Titan18 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:28 pm Post
The obvious difference is that Jordan had nearly the worst FG percentage on the team for the ENTIRE Olympics, a sub-average FG percentage in the gold medal game while getting destroyed by a player who was basically nothing more than an ultra pure shooter (although yes, deadly shooter) in the gold medal game.

If he was playing in today's conditions, that leads to losses and possibly a sub .500 record.

These facts make fans of the original Dream Team substandard human beings with small penises, and fans of the modern team very handsome individuals with big black cocks.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

wailuaFC wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:48 pm

Actually I have facts:

Did you coach against both the dream team and this years team? Sorry, have to take his opinion over yours
You and that Coach can have your "opinion". I have irrefutable facts.

wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Deez wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:57 pm
wailuaFC wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:05 pm
Yeah losing a meaningless scrimmage compares to choking on the big stage.
Losing a game against literal children vs winning a game against the best player in the world…what point were you trying to make?
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:24 am
wailuaFC wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:48 pm

Actually I have facts:

You and that Coach can have your "opinion". I have irrefutable facts.
So you’re saying you know more than a guy who coached against both teams?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Why wouldn't he say that if he's about to play them and securing excuses early while consciously making team usa feel overconfident?

Smh
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:07 am
The obvious difference is that Jordan had nearly the worst FG percentage on the team for the ENTIRE Olympics, a sub-average FG percentage in the gold medal game while getting destroyed by a player who was basically nothing more than an ultra pure shooter (although yes, deadly shooter) in the gold medal game.

If he was playing in today's conditions, that leads to losses and possibly a sub .500 record.

These facts make fans of the original Dream Team substandard human beings with small penises, and fans of the modern team very handsome individuals with big black cocks.
Facts - GOAT was the leading scorer in a 30 point beat down in the gold medal game

Facts - LeFaggot was bailed out by two of his teammates to barely squeak by a bunch of horse farmers to avoid his 2nd bronze medal

Facts - My penis is very large

:trumplol:
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Titan18 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 9:27 am
Bush4Ever. wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:07 am

Facts - GOAT was the leading scorer in a 30 point beat down in the gold medal game

Facts - LeFaggot was bailed out by two of his teammates to barely squeak by a bunch of horse farmers to avoid his 2nd bronze medal

Facts - My penis is very large

:trumplol:
Hmm, 2 of those don't seem like actual facts

:susp:
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills