Worst 3pt shooters in NBA history: Michael Jordan

Talk about anything here.
ElJorge
All-Star

Re: Worst 3pt shooters in NBA history: Michael Jordan

Post by ElJorge »

Titan18 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:02 pm Does Bushy actually think LNS is pro Jordan or the 90s? Pretty sure he just sees the massive hypocrisy from the BWGC. It’s pretty hard to miss

:laugh3: :laugh4: :laugh3: :laugh4: :laugh3: :laugh4:
100%

I’m in the “today’s players are more skilled” camp. But it cracks me up that some of these dudes shit on the 90s but hype up a dude from the time of segregation.. even going so far as to give them hypothetical access to today’s nutrition and technology lol wtf?

This originally was a Ben Wallace vs Bill Russell discussion too…
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Titan18 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:02 pm Does Bushy actually think LNS is pro Jordan or the 90s?
LNS is just an anti-Celtics troll, frustrated over the Celtics winning the title.

Par for the course. Troll alliances form all the time, like when TDK and Artman both find themselves in pitiable positions in 2024, and thus join forces to simp/troll for Jordan.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

No one is trolling when they assert that 80's/90's Jordan would completely destroy today's NBA (given the rules that heavily favor the Offense, all the Bigs on the perimeter chucking 3's -leaving the paint/rim WIDE OPEN- and with the Defense being so soft and weak relative to the 90's).

OTOH claiming 50's/60's Russell would still be the GOAT (lol) and the best Defensive player in the game today is clearly trolling because the game today is much like it was when Bill played: Super fast paced, free-flowing, high scoring Offenses, minimal Defense, minimal Contact, etc.).

Thus, given that today's players are sooooo much bigger, better, stronger, faster, more athletic, more skilled and more talented than the players from Russ' Era, Bill would be lucky to make an NBA roster today.

This, of course, is a conclusion we can all agree on based on the BWGC logic...

:pimp:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

"I didn't play basketball in high school, but I know more than the basketball dolt Jerry West."

-TDK

:laugh4:

The TOTAL 180 degree flip Jordan Jockers do on appeal to authority claims on Jordan vs. Russell immediately invalidates ALL their basketball opinions and confirms the hypothesis that their fandom was actually based in mental illness and life dissatisfaction than actual basketball

Nothing is funnier than watching boomer blowhards contradict themselves in real-time.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

lol hilarious thread
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:10 pm "I didn't play basketball in high school, but I know more than the basketball dolt Jerry West."

-TDK

:laugh4:

The TOTAL 180 degree flip Jordan Jockers do on appeal to authority claims on Jordan vs. Russell immediately invalidates ALL their basketball opinions and confirms the hypothesis that their fandom was actually based in mental illness and life dissatisfaction than actual basketball

Nothing is funnier than watching boomer blowhards contradict themselves in real-time.
Jerry West??

:noidea:

"I hate to say it's not a Laker, but Michael Jordan. He's been the greatest player I've ever seen. And I'm probably a harsh judge of talent in the sense that I admire players that are really good defensive players and really good offensive players."

"Michael Jordan is the most skilled player I ever saw."

"He (Jordan) was the best Defensive player in the league and he was the best Offensive player in the league."

Far be it for TDK to argue with Mr. Clutch, Jerry West.

:pimp:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:04 pm post
So we are back to "all players make a perfect analysis because they played the game" again?

You are literally proving my point, silly.

lol
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

By the way, here's Finals MVP Chauncey Billups disagreeing with Jerry West:

So per the "players are always making good analysis" logic, both MJ and Kobe were the most skilled players ever, at the same time.

Perfect. This is a good methodology. 2+2 = 4 and 2+2 = 5 at the same time.
ElJorge
All-Star

Post by ElJorge »

What is Bush even doing right now?

So much “this’ll get’em” energy from his posts.

:mahmoud:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

ElJorge wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:16 pm What is Bush even doing right now?

So much “this’ll get’em” energy from his posts.

:mahmoud:
I'm just basking in the brilliance of the "players are right about analysis because they played the game" appeal to authority gayness the pro-Jordan side parrots over and over again.

It's just really, really smart stuff and I'm soaking all the obvious brilliance in.

Wow!
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:06 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:04 pm post
So we are back to "all players make a perfect analysis because they play the game" again?

You are literally proving my point, silly.

lol
So you think players from the 50's/60's commenting on players from the 80's/90's is the same as "today's" players (coaches and the very league itself) commenting on "today's" NBA?

Spoiler:
:verdum:
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Considering how Russell beat West like a rented mule time after time, amazing that he's still reasonably gracious about it.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Imagine Jerry West playing his entire career (not just his last few seasons) surrounded with the same level of talent Russ had around him (ie; 4-8 HOFERS on the roster every single season)... Mr. Clutch would be Top 2 all-time withOut question, maybe even co-GOAT with Jordan.

West EASILY takes half of Russell's rings (possibly more) and most of his MVP's, and individually Jerry was a better two-way/all-around player than Russell. Hell, give West Wilt's talent his entire career and Jerry is Top 3-5 all-time on everyone's list.

The more I think about how easy Bill Russell had it, the farther down the All-Time list he goes.

Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:02 pm Imagine Jerry West playing his entire career (not just his last few seasons) surrounded with the same level of talent Russ had around him (ie; 4-8 HOFERS on the roster every single season)... Mr. Clutch would be Top 2 all-time withOut question, maybe even co-GOAT with Jordan.

West EASILY takes half of Russell's rings (possibly more) and most of his MVP's, and individually Jerry was a better two-way/all-around player than Russell. Hell, give West Wilt's talent his entire career and Jerry is Top 3-5 all-time on everyone's list.

The more I think about how easy Bill Russell had it, the farther down the All-Time list he goes.
He is so overrated.. that’s why I said put him on the Washington bullets or Los Angeles clippers his entire career and he would be a footnote in the history books.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Alex_Murphy wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:05 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:02 pm Imagine Jerry West playing his entire career (not just his last few seasons) surrounded with the same level of talent Russ had around him (ie; 4-8 HOFERS on the roster every single season)... Mr. Clutch would be Top 2 all-time withOut question, maybe even co-GOAT with Jordan.

He is so overrated.. that’s why I said put him on the Washington bullets or Los Angeles clippers his entire career and he would be a footnote in the history books.
I'll give him credit for revolutionizing the game with his Defense, but if we're being honest, most HS Varsity teams in the country today could beat most of the teams Russell was going up against back in the 50's through about the mid 60's.

Russell in the 90's would be Dennis Rodman if the Worm cared anything at all about Scoring. In today's era, with all the Bigs on the perimeter chuckin' 3's, coupled with Russ' complete lack of an Offensive game, he'd be a serviceable role player and that's about it.

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Alex_Murphy wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:05 pm

Russell was a champion in high school.
Russell was a champion in college.
Russell was a champion in the NBA.

Russell IS a champion, period.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Would rather cuss and discuss Wayne, Bobby and McDavid. Not one poster on this topic is going to change their mind. This topic is like me. Getting old.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Da Stars. wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:10 am Would rather cuss and discuss Wayne, Bobby and McDavid. Not one poster on this topic is going to change their mind. This topic is like me. Getting old.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

I'm not here to change anyone's mind. I'm here to tell them how they're wrong. 8-) 8-) 8-)
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~