Worst 3pt shooters in NBA history: Michael Jordan

Talk about anything here.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Worst 3pt shooters in NBA history: Michael Jordan

Post by lettherebehouse »

Titan18 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:45 pm
ElJorge wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:07 pmWhat is BWGC?
Boring White Guy Crew - Essentially the boards boring whiteys (Grizz, Bush, Rob) with boring white guys takes.

They are mainly known these days for letting TDK sucker them in and dog walk them on shit talk topics and the fact that they love screeching to “boomers” about modern day players being bigger, faster, stronger but still believe Bill Russell and Babe Ruth are the GOATs in their respective sports.

It’s amazing watching them try to square that round peg.

What’s that word Grizz keeps accusing TDK of, cognitive dissonance or some shit?

lol

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

ElJorge wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:41 pm
Robceltsfan wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:39 pm
xer0 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:37 pm

Put wilt on those Celtic teams and they'd probably go entire seasons without losing a game. Ben Wallace would have probably averaged 20+ going against him, way better athlete, stronger, better athlete, best defensive player ever etc.
Ben Wallace averaged 9.5 PPG at his peak....but he's averaging 20+ on Bill Russell? lol...terrible troll. Carry on...
So players are overall better athletes and players… but Ben Wallace wouldn’t be better then Bill Russell even though there’s like 40 years separating their careers?
Ben Wallace wouldn't magically become a 20 point scorer, in any era.

Wallace didn't even average 15 points in college.......in Division II. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
ElJorge
Role Player

Post by ElJorge »

Robceltsfan wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:51 pm
Robceltsfan wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:39 pm

Ben Wallace averaged 9.5 PPG at his peak....but he's averaging 20+ on Bill Russell? lol...terrible troll. Carry on...
So players are overall better athletes and players… but Ben Wallace wouldn’t be better then Bill Russell even though there’s like 40 years separating their careers?

Wallace didn't even average 15 points in college.......in Division II. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I didn’t say he’d become a “20ppg scorer” you fat retard. I said he’d be better than Bill Russell.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

ElJorge wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:52 pm

I didn’t say he’d become a “20ppg scorer” you fat retard. I said he’d be better than Bill Russell.
No...Wallace would be pretty useless against Russell. Terrible modern choice to use.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
ElJorge
Role Player

Post by ElJorge »

Robceltsfan wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:56 pm

No...Wallace would be pretty useless against Russell. Terrible modern choice to use.
Yea… two guys known for rebounding, defense, while being shitty on offense. What a terrible comparison, right fatty?

:mjlaugh:
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

ElJorge wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:57 pm

Yea… two guys known for rebounding, defense, while being shitty on offense. What a terrible comparison, right fatty?

Welcome back asshole.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Russell was also known for running fast breaks and facilitating on the offensive end. Wallace was a tree stump on the offensive end.

Like I said, terrible choice to use.

~George Carlin~
ElJorge
Role Player

Post by ElJorge »

Robceltsfan wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:54 pm

Russell was also known for running fast breaks and facilitating on the offensive end. Wallace was a tree stump on the offensive end.

Like I said, terrible choice to use.
They’re literally the same player. Only difference is one played for the Celtics so you’re swinging from his nuts.

Apparently modern players were bigger faster stronger better than old players… except Bill Russell.

The mental gymnastics you people do is crazy. Bill Russell was slightly taller… that’s it. Big Ben had nearly 30lbs of muscle on him, was more athletic, and played against better competition, but Bill Russell was apparently still better… even though players evolve and get better lol.

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Ben Wallace makes Bill Russell look like Steph Curry on the offensive end.

It's not remotely close.

Again, Big Ben was a tree stump on the offensive end. Negative impact.

~George Carlin~
ElJorge
Role Player

Post by ElJorge »

Players from the 90s aren’t as skilled… but the exception is a player from 1956. Holy fuck I just can’t with this board sometimes…

:haha2:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Not opining on the general topic, but Russell was a 99th percentile athlete in his era (top 10 in the world in high jump and near-Olympic level 400 yard performance)

"Athletes are more athletic" is usually a commentary about common and average players within a sport than fringe outliers like Russell, Wilt, Jordan, D-Rob/Dream/Barkley, Lebron, etc...
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Robceltsfan wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:16 pm Ben Wallace makes Bill Russell look like Steph Curry on the offensive end.

It's not remotely close.

Again, Big Ben was a tree stump on the offensive end. Negative impact.

Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

ElJorge wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:18 pm Players from the 90s aren’t as skilled… but the exception is a player from 1956. Holy fuck I just can’t with this board sometimes…

:haha2:
Now you understand. :suds: :lol:
ElJorge
Role Player

Post by ElJorge »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:20 pm Not opining on the general topic, but Russell was a 99th percentile athlete in his era (top 10 in the world in high jump and near-Olympic level 400 yard performance)

"Athletes are more athletic" is usually a commentary about common and average players within a sport than fringe outliers like Russell, Wilt, Jordan, D-Rob/Dream/Barkley, Lebron, etc...

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

ElJorge wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:24 pm
I'm sure looking like a big scary Black man would help Wallace be a world-class high jumper and near-world class sprinter.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Both Dennis Rodman and Ben Wallace would absolutely man handle little ass Bill Russell
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Alex_Murphy wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:38 pm Both Dennis Rodman and Ben Wallace would absolutely man handle little ass Bill Russell
Oh look...somebody else chose a completely different offensive tree stump. :lol:

~George Carlin~
ElJorge
Role Player

Post by ElJorge »

Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Bill Russell would need to get scraped off the floor if he took a hit against Wallace.

But I always felt Joakim Noah lite was an accurate counterpart to what a modern day Bill Russell would look like.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Robceltsfan wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:39 pm
Alex_Murphy wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:38 pm Both Dennis Rodman and Ben Wallace would absolutely man handle little ass Bill Russell
Oh look...somebody else chose a completely different offensive tree stump. :lol:
I don’t think this is a question of offensive prowess… if that’s what you’re basing this comparison on please breakdown the extend of bill russell offensive arsenal and tell me why the elitist defensive big men in NBA history couldn’t neutralize it.