Clark is starting to cook

Talk about anything here.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Clark is starting to cook

Post by Uncontroversial »

Screenshot 2024-06-07 at 9.34.49 PM.png

Orlando Magic getting close to submitting an offer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: Clark is starting to cook

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

I'm watching my 13 year old grandson play in his Junior HS basketball league and ALL THEY DO is chuck up long range bombs... over and over and over and over, missing and missing and missing.

It's beyond embarrassing because the kid is taller than every player on the opponents' team, and I keep telling him to get in the post and Score AT WIIL... but even at 13 these kids are brainwashed into thinking the way to win is chuck-chuck-chuck away from long-range.

It's absolutely BRUTAL to watch the scores... 25-12, 18-15... no one makes the shots YET they keep on chuckin'.

Sooo sad to see how far the sport has fallen, starting with the NBA / WNBA and trickling down all the way to grade school kids.

:kobefacepalm:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:52 pm I'm watching my 13 year old grandson play in his Junior HS basketball league and ALL THEY DO is chuck up long range bombs... over and over and over and over, missing and missing and missing.

It's beyond embarrassing because the kid is taller than every player on the opponents' team, and I keep telling him to get in the post and Score AT WIIL... but even at 13 these kids are brainwashed into thinking the way to win is chuck-chuck-chuck away from long-range.

It's absolutely BRUTAL to watch the scores... 25-12, 18-15... no one makes the shots YET they keep on chuckin'.

Sooo sad to see how far the sport has fallen, starting with the NBA / WNBA and trickling down all the way to grade school kids.

We are now in the third generation of 12 years of the 3 point shot. Take it, make it or go home. And the centers are now shooting it.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:52 pm I'm watching my 13 year old grandson play in his Junior HS basketball league and ALL THEY DO is chuck up long range bombs... over and over and over and over, missing and missing and missing.

sounds like your grandson is an idiot. bless his heart
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

TDK's grandson is probably on the level of shooting of the average player in the 1990s, so of course it doesn't make sense to shoot threes...the modern NBA offensive optimization is only valid if you can actually shoot and hit threes at a reasonable clip.

If you can't shoot, you simply want to get as close a two-point shot as possible, while maintaining quality/openness, etc...
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Modern NBA offenses would completely dismantle 90s defenses. It's as plain as the nose on your face if you have a logical mind.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

TDK’s grandson would average 30/8/9 against ‘90s grandchildren.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

lol
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

She’s a woman. It’s literally her role to cook.

:ape:
ElJorge
All-Star

Post by ElJorge »

Hand down man down!
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Several shook up, sensitive Beta males ITT angry that the "modern" NBA is inferior due to weak and soft Defense, and rules that heavily favor the Offense (as confirmed by the NBA Commissioner, VP of Ops, and current players/coaches).

In other words No Defense + One-Dimensional Offense + Horrific Officiating + No Rivalries = worst Era in NBA history BY FAR.

Get mad at the facts, Beta's.

:trumplol:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

TDKs weak ass grandkid be like

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:44 am Modern NBA offenses would completely dismantle 90s defenses. It's as plain as the nose on your face if you have a logical mind.
No. They would adjust.
As would 90s offenses
It's stupid to act like you can just compare eras with absolutely no adjustments. Doesn't work that way
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Uncontroversial wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:49 pm TDKs weak ass grandkid be like

That's funny, sadmess but 1) my grandson would smoke you in basketball, and 2) your drivel does nothing to refute the hard-core facts I wrote in my last post.

Now go sit in the corner.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

It's absolutely a fact that in an empty gym, the average junior high team would match the average NBA team of the 1990s in terms of distance shooting. The average high school team certainly could.

Not in game situations obviously, but in terms of pure shooting ability (and nothing else), today's kids match the pros of the 1990s.