Assuming they win the title, how high are the 2024 Celtics all-time?

Talk about anything here.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: Assuming they win the title, how high are the 2024 Celtics all-time?

Post by Bush4Ever. »

wailuaFC wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:48 pm There’s the old train of thought that the best player wins the series, and it’s relatively true. It’s why Russell, KAJ, MJ won so much.
It's correlates when the best player is on a team with supporting talent that's not wildly divergent from the supporting talent of their comparable peer on the other team.

Kareem was the best player going into pretty much every series he played in the 70s, and he won one title during that decade.

Jordan was the best player in every single Bulls-Pistons series (meaningfully different supporting casts to Isiah or Dumars), and he went 1-3 overall.

It's very possible and maybe even likely whatever team you place across from these Celtics wouldn't be "more or less" neutralizing the "others". The 3-9 spots in the rotation *radically* favor the Celtics (best bench +/- in the league, almost 2xing the next set of teams).

Hitting 17 threes a game on nearly 39 percent is a super premium. The bench hit at the exact same rate as the starters as well.

Edit: It's one thing to have the best bench in the league (the Celtics were ranked 1 in bench +/- at 3.2 IIRC)...but it's another thing to have the best bench stacked *on top of* the best starters in the NBA (the Celtics were ranked 1 in starters +/- at like 7.5 or so).
Last edited by Bush4Ever. on Mon May 27, 2024 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:30 am
I DID praise LeBron... prior to "The Decision" when he showed his true colors as a gutless coward who couldn't lead two #1 seeded, 60+ win teams past LOWER seeds in the playoffs, so he colluded with two (then) Top 10 players in the league to form a Super Team and then boast about how "easy" it was going to be... and then he went out and humiliated himself in the 2011 Finals, losing to another lower seed in embarrassing fashion.

From that moment on I lost all respect for him, as a person and a player because he clearly isn't a pimple on a plimple on MJ's ass.

As for Pippen, I have always been consistent: GOAT level Defender and one of the most complete/all-around players in the game who was mentored and tutored by Jordan. Knuckleheads like you try and push the "Jordan never won without Pip" narrative, so in those instances I have to quickly dispel the stupidity.

Jordan's legacy has never changed either, in my posting over the years: He's the undisputed GOAT, and the closest to perfection we have ever seen from a player.

If that's wacky, so be it.
That's a lot of autism.

You should have just said "my goal is to protect Jordan's legacy, so I attack whoever has the most legit case to the title of GOAT, or the best players ascending on that path in real time, while providing praise to stars I know won't actually challenge for it in an effort to fake being a reasonable fan and making objective analysis, which in turn gives me more credibility (hint: it doesn't, everyone sees through it) to protect Jordan's legacy by blasting the people closest to his legacy and resume."

lmao!
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

wailuaFC wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:28 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:14 am
wailuaFC wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:01 am
Crazy how much help Jordan needed
As much help as Russell (4-7 HOF teammates every year he played), Bird, Magic/Jabbar, LeFraud, Steph/KD, and many others.

First 3-Peat Bulls didn't have nearly as great talent though... so you have no point.
Did bird have 3 GOAT level "perimeter" Defenders (and 2 other standout "perimeter"..) the GOAT Player, the GOAT #2 man, the GOAT Rebounder (pound-for-pound), the (then) GOAT Euro player, the (then) GOAT 3-point shooter (% wise). ?
Did Magic have 3 GOAT level "perimeter" Defenders (and 2 other standout "perimeter"..) the GOAT Player, the GOAT #2 man, the GOAT Rebounder (pound-for-pound), the (then) GOAT Euro player, the (then) GOAT 3-point shooter (% wise). ?
did LeBron have 3 GOAT level "perimeter" Defenders (and 2 other standout "perimeter"..) the GOAT Player, the GOAT #2 man, the GOAT Rebounder (pound-for-pound), the (then) GOAT Euro player, the (then) GOAT 3-point shooter (% wise). ?
sure seems like Jordan had more help than any other player ever
Bird played alongside 3 All Defense players, the GOAT Frontline (with Parish, McHale and Walton), a boatload of HOFERS in his career, as many as 4 other teammates in the same season/s.

Magic played alongside a guy who is universally regarded as a Top 3 all-time great, and boatloads of other HOFERS (Wilkes, Nixon, Worthy, Divac, Cooper, McAdoo).

Those 80's Celtics and Lakers teams were STACKED.

LeBron played alongside four (4) HOFERS in 2022 and couldn't even lead them to a .500 record.

First 3-Peat Jordan had one (1) HOF teammate.

C'mon...
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:34 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:30 am
I DID praise LeBron... prior to "The Decision" when he showed his true colors as a gutless coward who couldn't lead two #1 seeded, 60+ win teams past LOWER seeds in the playoffs, so he colluded with two (then) Top 10 players in the league to form a Super Team and then boast about how "easy" it was going to be... and then he went out and humiliated himself in the 2011 Finals, losing to another lower seed in embarrassing fashion.

From that moment on I lost all respect for him, as a person and a player because he clearly isn't a pimple on a plimple on MJ's ass.

As for Pippen, I have always been consistent: GOAT level Defender and one of the most complete/all-around players in the game who was mentored and tutored by Jordan. Knuckleheads like you try and push the "Jordan never won without Pip" narrative, so in those instances I have to quickly dispel the stupidity.

Jordan's legacy has never changed either, in my posting over the years: He's the undisputed GOAT, and the closest to perfection we have ever seen from a player.

If that's wacky, so be it.
Drivel
Deflecting still...

:L

This exchange started after you used some silly system to claim the 24 Celtics > 96 / 97 Bulls. Now you're mad because I had to slap the silly out of you.

You're welcome.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:42 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:14 am

As much help as Russell (4-7 HOF teammates every year he played), Bird, Magic/Jabbar, LeFraud, Steph/KD, and many others.

First 3-Peat Bulls didn't have nearly as great talent though... so you have no point.
Did bird have 3 GOAT level "perimeter" Defenders (and 2 other standout "perimeter"..) the GOAT Player, the GOAT #2 man, the GOAT Rebounder (pound-for-pound), the (then) GOAT Euro player, the (then) GOAT 3-point shooter (% wise). ?
Did Magic have 3 GOAT level "perimeter" Defenders (and 2 other standout "perimeter"..) the GOAT Player, the GOAT #2 man, the GOAT Rebounder (pound-for-pound), the (then) GOAT Euro player, the (then) GOAT 3-point shooter (% wise). ?
did LeBron have 3 GOAT level "perimeter" Defenders (and 2 other standout "perimeter"..) the GOAT Player, the GOAT #2 man, the GOAT Rebounder (pound-for-pound), the (then) GOAT Euro player, the (then) GOAT 3-point shooter (% wise). ?
Bird played alongside 3 All Defense players, the GOAT Frontline (with Parish, McHale and Walton), a boatload of HOFERS in his career, as many as 4 other teammates in the same season/s.

Magic played alongside a guy who is universally regarded as a Top 3 all-time great, and boatloads of other HOFERS (Wilkes, Nixon, Worthy, Divac, Cooper, McAdoo).

LeBron played alongside four (4) HOFERS in 2022 and couldn't even lead them to a .500 record.

C'mon...
Did any of those teams fit the criteria that you laid out? Nope. Jordan needed the most stacked teams of all time to win
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

"HOFer Bob McAdoo"
-Joined LA in 1982, with his last all-star selection in 1978, and averaged a robust 12 points and 4 rebounds a game on 49 percent shooting from 82-85.

"HOFer Vlade Divac"
-Obviously a HOFer from international accomplishments. Averaged 10 points and 7 rebounds a game during his overlapping tenure with Magic.

"HOFer Bill Walton"
-Played one real season with Bird. Average 8 and 7 a game, in a (very productive) backup role.

lmao!
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush thinks irrelevent numbers tell the tale.
Real basketball fans don't rely on that shit
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:47 am This exchange started after you used some silly system to claim the 24 Celtics > 96 / 97 Bulls. Now you're mad because I had to slap the silly out of you.

You're welcome.
The 1996 Bulls were provably inferior to the 1996 Sonics who put Payton on Jordan.

They went 1-2 against the "Payton on Jordan" Sonics in observable reality, the same team that had *maybe* six players who could qualify for a roster spot in 2024.

Forget about other title teams...with a small defensive tweak they weren't even the best team in 1996.

lmao!
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

elartman1973 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:55 am Bush thinks irrelevent numbers tell the tale.
Real basketball fans don't rely on that shit
Yes, I know.

The "analytics" of "points scored" and "points allowed".

Some real high level calculus brain bombing stuff.

lmao!
Spoiler:
TDK (and you, and most boomers) simply can't handle a basic challenge, ala most snowflakes. I don't even put in the screws on this board, and I get you boomers fumbling and crying with super simple observations and historical clarifications. Do better bro!
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

wailuaFC wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:51 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:42 am

C'mon...
Did any of those teams fit the criteria that you laid out? Nope. Jordan needed the most stacked teams of all time to win
I didn't lay out any criteria, fool... I stated their credentials. All GOAT level teams were stacked, stacked in their own right with their own credentials. That's why they're regarded as such.

Point here is the 96 / 97 Bulls would mop the floor with any team in the NBA today.

And again: Jordan 3-Peated with just one (1) other HOF teammate, so you (still) have no point.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:52 am "HOFer Bob McAdoo"
-Joined LA in 1982, with his last all-star selection in 1978, and averaged a robust 12 points and 4 rebounds a game on 49 percent shooting from 82-85.

"HOFer Vlade Divac"
-Obviously a HOFer from international accomplishments. Averaged 10 points and 7 rebounds a game during his overlapping tenure with Magic.

"HOFer Bill Walton"
-Played one real season with Bird. Average 8 and 7 a game, in a (very productive) backup role.

lmao!
Walton was 6th MOY in Boston, chowdahead. McAdoo was a 12/4 guy playing 20 min off the bench in 4 seasons with LA, who were a deep team throughout the 80's (with other standouts like Byron Scott, AC Green, Kurt Rambis, Nixon, etc).

:lol: at bush pretending like the 80's Celtics/Lakers weren't stacked with all-time great/HOF/all-star level talent.

I think it's time you call it a night.

:lol: :L :roll:
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Mon May 27, 2024 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:58 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:47 am This exchange started after you used some silly system to claim the 24 Celtics > 96 / 97 Bulls. Now you're mad because I had to slap the silly out of you.

You're welcome.
The 1996 Bulls were provably inferior to the 1996 Sonics who put Payton on Jordan.

They went 1-2 against the "Payton on Jordan" Sonics in observable reality, the same team that had *maybe* six players who could qualify for a roster spot in 2024.

Forget about other title teams...with a small defensive tweak they weren't even the best team in 1996.

lmao!
Newsflash: The 96 Sonics would ALSO steamroll any team in the NBA today, as would any of Jordan's Finals opponents and several of his EC opposition.

Get mad.

:asskicking:

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

lol
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

So what's the vote, after Artman and TDK are set to eat a LOT of humble pie?

I still say 2nd best all-time, behind the 2017 Warriors (assuming they finish it from here on out in a reasonable manner).

Potentially capping it all off with 11 straight playoff wins in a row.

1. 2017 Warriors
2. 2024 Celtics
3. 1972 Lakers
4. 1971 Bucks
5. 1996 Bulls
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Here's the answer:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=133608&p=1883678#p1883678

#endthread

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

lol

TDK is FUMING at being proven (again), to be a basketball dunce.

Remember, this is the same guy who said the 76ers would roll through the NBA uncontested to a title this year, with Embiid blowing the doors wide open and winning MVP.

:laugh4:
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:16 am
Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:58 am

You're welcome.

lmao!
Newsflash: The 96 Sonics would ALSO steamroll any team in the NBA today, as would any of Jordan's Finals opponents and several of his EC opposition.

Get mad.

:asskicking:
The 96 Sonics would not have made the playoffs this year. They would be a lottery team. You are just so freaking delusional about the 90s.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Meatball and bush-league make stupid statements (ie; above) and expect to be taken seriously.

:L

Walk it off lightweights... you guys are softer than today's NBA.

:roll:

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

TDK screaming now...I love it.

Nothing is funnier to me than a blowhard (who didn't even play basketball in high school) getting absolutely PWNED and suffering an episode of complete humiliation.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:36 am lol

TDK is FUMING at being proven (again), to be a basketball dunce.

Remember, this is the same guy who said the 76ers would roll through the NBA uncontested to a title this year, with Embiid blowing the doors wide open and winning MVP.

:laugh4:
Too soon, Bush...

:to: