kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: "He's already better than Larry Bird"

Post by kobeunderbite »

AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Why is it that it’s always necessary to compare good white players to great white players of yesteryear.
Isn’t Luka’s style more akin to Oscar Robinson( rebounding and assist) harden (step back 3 after the in between the leg dribble) and Pierce ( post ups, fakes, ability to slow the game down to a grinding halt then outsmart the defender)
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

People just saying anything on TV now for clicks, likes, and engagement. Not saying Luka sucks at all, but he's been in the league 6 years now and hasn't won a goddamn thing outside ROY. Bird had 2 rings & 2 MVPs by that time.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Yeah...you got to be in the title club before I'm entertaining that, even for peak value talks.

The league is loaded with talent now, but no era's Larry Bird++ fails to win *a* title.

Or at least it's going to be preciously rare, like a universe where KG stayed in Minnesota. Dallas has supporting talent. Not loads and loads, but some. And even KG won an MVP and was second twice. Luka has only been third once IIRC.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

:snoop:

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

I read this thread and thought for sure it was Joker... THANK GOD it wasn't, as I already proved Bird was >>>.

Luka?

Great stat guy (like Oscar), but Larry is Legend not only because of his stats, but also because he was a cold-blooded killer AND a winner. Luka can't touch that... not yet, anyway.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."