Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Your 2023-24 all NBA teams

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: Your 2023-24 all NBA teams

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

They had to give LeFraud a token spot, of course.

:roll:

What a fraudulent career.

:L
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Ridiculous Kawhi got second team over LeBron. Look at their numbers and there literally isn’t an argument. Also, lol at Kenny not voting for Luka first team and whoever continually give Sabonis first team/DPOY votes
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

John Stockton
Gary Payton
Russell Westbrook
Dwyane Wade
Tracy McGrady
Pete Maravich
Patrick Ewing
Dame Lillard
Clyde Drexler
Joel Embiid

Just a short list of HOF players that have less 1st-team All-NBA selections than Jayson Christopher Tatum.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Robceltsfan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:14 am John Stockton
Gary Payton
Russell Westbrook
Dwyane Wade
Tracy McGrady
Pete Maravich
Patrick Ewing
Dame Lillard
Clyde Drexler
Joel Embiid

Just a short list of HOF players that have less 1st-team All-NBA selections than Jayson Christopher Tatum.
Players get snubbed and players get overhyped.
Gobert and Tatum are the latter
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Gary Payton
Russell Westbrook
Dwyane Wade
Tracy McGrady
Pete Maravich
Patrick Ewing
Dame Lillard
Clyde Drexler
Joel Embiid

Context is needed with Embiid.

They only allowed one center on the All-NBA first team for a while as opposed to 2 forward spots. Tatum has double the opportunity based on the forward positions being more ambiguous than center before they changed it.

How many seasons was Joel Embiid a top 5 overall player but not included on the first team simply because Jokic also plays basketball?
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:34 am
Gary Payton
Russell Westbrook
Dwyane Wade
Tracy McGrady
Pete Maravich
Patrick Ewing
Dame Lillard
Clyde Drexler
Joel Embiid

They only allowed one center on the All-NBA first team for a while as opposed to 2 forward spots. Tatum has double the opportunity based on the forward positions being more ambiguous than center before they changed it.

How many seasons was Joel Embiid a top 5 overall player but not included on the first team simply because Jokic also plays basketball?
Zero
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Robceltsfan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:11 pm
Gary Payton
Russell Westbrook
Dwyane Wade
Tracy McGrady
Pete Maravich
Patrick Ewing
Dame Lillard
Clyde Drexler
Joel Embiid

Zero
Reported. I made a serious reply to your post and you respond by saying Embiid has never been a top 5 player when the man won MVP last season.

If the Celtics get lucky and win the Finals this season, I wonder which ref will win FMVP.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Every time Tatum has made 1st team he’s been by far the worst. He’s a 3rd all nba talent playing on a team that should have at least 2 championships by now.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Fudd just hit Tatum with a Flying Elbow off the top rope.

Absolutely Savage.

Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Is Embiid the first MVP winner not to make an all-league team the very next season?Probably Rose & Walton if I had to look.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:52 pm Is Embiid the first MVP winner not to make an all-league team the very next season?Probably Rose & Walton if I had to look.
Could be true.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Kawhi and Lebron were relatively close by the numbers and EPM, and the Clippers had a better record and somewhat higher seeding.

That doesn't strike me as egregious.

I would guess having two Lakers on the 2nd team All-NBA would felt weird to the voters, given the Lakers record overall (even if there are simple explanations for why) especially compared to the Clippers who would have zero firsts and zero seconds and only one third, and that's what drove that effect.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:18 pm Kawhi and Lebron were relatively close by the numbers and EPM, and the Clippers had a better record and somewhat higher seeding.

That doesn't strike me as egregious.

I would guess having two Lakers on the 2nd team All-NBA would felt weird to the voters, given the Lakers record overall (even if there are simple explanations for why) especially compared to the Clippers who would have zero firsts and zero seconds and only one third, and that's what drove that effect.
You’re right that I was being harsh but
LeBron 26/7/8 on 51/41/75 in 71 games
Kawhi 24/6/4 on 53/42/86 in 68 games

So because the clippers won 4 more games while having PG, Harden, and Westbrook means more than out producing Kawhi and playing in more games? If team record is a big deciding factor for all nba teams, the list would need to be shuffled quite a bit
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:25 pm
You’re right that I was being harsh but
LeBron 26/7/8 on 51/41/75 in 71 games
Kawhi 24/6/4 on 53/42/86 in 68 games

So because the clippers won 4 more games while having PG, Harden, and Westbrook means more than out producing Kawhi and playing in more games? If team record is a big deciding factor for all nba teams, the list would need to be shuffled quite a bit
I wasn't really voting for it, just trying to hypothesize what might have been going on in their head. The fact that Tatum is first-team suggests team performance is bleeding into analysis of individuals (14th in PER, 15th EPM). I like Tatum tons for obvious reasons, but he's not a top 5 player on his own merit.

If you stack defensive impact on top of what you laid out, and adjust for minutes played the only real gap between them is passing (for Lebron), and defense (for Kawhi). They are pretty equal scoring, rebounding, and efficiency-wise.

And even if EPM isn't perfectly correlated with performance, the difference between them was only like 0.3 or thereabouts.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Gary Payton
Russell Westbrook
Dwyane Wade
Tracy McGrady
Pete Maravich
Patrick Ewing
Dame Lillard
Clyde Drexler
Joel Embiid

He only played 39 games this year... guessing that's why he wasn't selected?
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

You have to play 65 games to be on All-NBA teams.

Obviously his per-game/minute performance merited first team selection (if it had been extended to 65+ games).
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:37 pm
Gary Payton
Russell Westbrook
Dwyane Wade
Tracy McGrady
Pete Maravich
Patrick Ewing
Dame Lillard
Clyde Drexler
Joel Embiid

He only played 39 games this year... guessing that's why he wasn't selected?
Yes there's a minimum games played requirement (65?) for certain awards and I believe that applies to All-NBA teams as well.

Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:39 pm You have to play 65 games to be on All-NBA teams.

Obviously his per-game/minute performance merited first team selection (if it had been extended to 65+ games).
Thanks for the clarification.