Breaking News

Talk about anything here.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Breaking News

Post by Shill Jackson »

BREAKING: NBC has contacted John Tesh about reviving the iconic NBA on NBC theme song ‘Roundball Rock’ amid NBA rights deal negotiations. “At the end of June, We’re heading to Nashville, we’ve got a full orchestra on hold & we’re going to re-record it.”

"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: Breaking News

Post by Robceltsfan »

Chills....nostalgia.

TDK will approve.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Robceltsfan wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:54 am Chills....nostalgia.

TDK will approve.
Time to break out the vest and the goatee!
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Fox sports plays it during college basketball games if I recall. Guessing they'd have to buy it back from them?
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

As a kid, I always liked the little story intro Bob Costas did before it played...it made the game seem like a epic heroic tale instead of just a basketball game :D
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

All NBA fans over 40 get the weirdest nostalgia boner over this song.

It’s the weirdest thing.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:31 pm All NBA fans over 40 get the weirdest nostalgia boner over this song.

It’s the weirdest thing.
It's Sunday afternoon. I'm sitting down on the floor in front of our 25" decorative TV. My dad's on the couch. The Celtics are about to come on. The Costas intro.....the music.....the game. There's Larry, and Kevin, and Robert, and DJ. They might have been playing Magic....or MJ....or Barkley....or Ewing.

Yeah, nostalgia. Lot's of it.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Robceltsfan wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:35 pm
Kingcarl24 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:31 pm All NBA fans over 40 get the weirdest nostalgia boner over this song.

It’s the weirdest thing.
It's Sunday afternoon. I'm sitting down on the floor in front of our 25" decorative TV. My dad's on the couch. The Celtics are about to come on. The Costas intro.....the music.....the game. There's Larry, and Kevin, and Robert, and DJ. They might have been playing Magic....or MJ....or Barkley....or Ewing.

I tend to link those guys with the NBA on CBS.

Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:17 am As a kid, I always liked the little story intro Bob Costas did before it played...it made the game seem like a epic heroic tale instead of just a basketball game :D
I totally forgot about that. That sure did get you amped for the game.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:21 pm
Robceltsfan wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:35 pm

It’s the weirdest thing.

I tend to link those guys with the NBA on CBS.

You're right....at least on the DJ front. NBA on NBC debuted in the 90-91 season. DJ retired the year before...

~George Carlin~
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

Great thread! pretty cool
My RAPTURE LETTER to Angergeneral: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129641&p=1841888