Just making my normal check-in thread.

Talk about anything here.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: Just making my normal check-in thread.

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:16 pm
PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:15 pm
Did you see Royce Gracie was on Rogan?
Yes, BJJ in NY/NJ is several levels above BJJ in rural Indiana lol

I didn't. I'll check it out.
I was jokingly hoping Eddie Bravo would have been a surprise guest and him and Royce would roll to settle their differences.

I remember after Eddie and Royler had the rematch Royce came up to Eddie and they had some words. I obviously respect Royce a lot but I am team Bravo in that scenario. Royce would probably kick his ass if they fought. I'd be more interested in seeing them roll though and I'd bet on Eddie to win.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:44 pm
I was jokingly hoping Eddie Bravo would have been a surprise guest and him and Royce would roll to settle their differences.

I remember after Eddie and Royler had the rematch Royce came up to Eddie and they had some words. I obviously respect Royce a lot but I am team Bravo in that scenario. Royce would probably kick his ass if they fought. I'd be more interested in seeing them roll though and I'd bet on Eddie to win.
Royce has earned everything he's gotten, but he's someone who is very, very sensitive to perceived disrespect and slights.

Not in a way that ruins his life or makes him totally unlikable, but the people I know who have been around him at length have said he's not exactly a chill guy, more like a guy who is kinda-chill *provided* you submit and acknowledge the hierarchy involved (of him being a fighter and you not being one. him being a legend and you being more normal, etc).
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

AlaskaHawks wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:22 pm
Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:01 pm
PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:53 pm Still been rolling at all?
Yes, about 2x a week now since moving back to Indiana.

The local school isn't great shakes compared to my old schools, but it's fine because I'm definitely winding down my super-hollowed BJJ career (joint issues).

Honestly, I'm in a sort of student/teacher role at the moment. Without bragging, I'm a little better than the owner/main instructor, at least when my body cooperates.

The cost is extremely cheap (relatively speaking) so it's worth it to me just to work out with the bros and all that, but if the teaching stuff becomes too normalized I'm asking for free membership in exchange.
My buddy just finished a large shop on the back of his property that he has made into a MMA style gym. It looks awesome. He has some people over to train a few times a week.
He still fights occasionally so it's a nice way to have facilities right on your own property.
I heard you big or something but I would beat your mothafucking ass
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:15 pm
wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:36 am I’m so tired of doing nothing. I’ve finished three books in the past week
Which books?
Interference by sue burke, nana I ke kumu by mary Kawena pukui, and Walden’s pond by HDT. Currently battling my way for the third time of nana I ke kumu vol.2. Hard reads, they take a bit to actually digest to memory
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:17 pm
wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:36 am I’m so tired of doing nothing. I’ve finished three books in the past week
Which books?
Interference by sue burke, nana I ke kumu by mary Kawena pukui, and Walden’s pond by HDT. Currently battling my way for the third time of nana I ke kumu vol.2. Hard reads, they take a bit to actually digest to memory
Interference looks interesting.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Shill Jackson wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:46 am
wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:17 pm
Which books?
Interference looks interesting.
It’s a sequel to symbiosis, IIRC, which was better IMO. The first one was written in a way that each chapter was the next generation of settlers on a new planet so you got to see the growth and struggles as the settlement progressed. A fun sci-fi read, would recommend
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Da Stars. wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:03 pm Bout to back on suicide watch. LOL. They will drive me off the deep end. :lol: :lol: :suds:
Our Stars got this.

:nashpoint: :trump:
:bryanyes:
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:05 am
Da Stars. wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:03 pm Bout to back on suicide watch. LOL. They will drive me off the deep end. :lol: :lol: :suds:
Our Stars got this.

:nashpoint: :trump:
:bryanyes:
Only had to score twice in OT to win. Parttttttttttttttttie. Ok not to much, yet.