Who would you rather build a team around-Jayson Tatum or Anthony Edwards?

Talk about anything here.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Who would you rather build a team around-Jayson Tatum or Anthony Edwards?

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Please discuss. Thank you.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: Who would you rather build a team around-Jayson Tatum or Anthony Edwards?

Post by PhutureDynasty »

:stephena:
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Congrats to Anthony Edwards making it out of the first round this year! By the end of Tatum's 3rd season he'd participated in 5 playoff series wins.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Honestly. Edwards. I think he has more of the "it" than Tatum. We shall see.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Niether
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

elartman1973 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:26 pmNiether
They’re both better than any Magic player in history not named Shaquille O’Neal.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Jesus christ, Throb.

:kobefacepalm:
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

lettherebehouse wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:33 pm Jesus christ, Throb.

:kobefacepalm:
I accept your white flag. :suds:

~George Carlin~
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Tatum's hot/cold scoring nights can get so frustrating, yet he's been a solid 20-10-5 guy lately. But Ant is beasting these playoffs so far. 32ppg, multiple 40pt games. I'll take Tatum due to team fandom, but the gap is close.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Robceltsfan wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:28 pm
They’re both better than any Magic player in history not named Shaquille O’Neal.
Nope

Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

elartman1973 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:28 pm
Nope
Where do you get off thinking you know anything about basketball?
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Alex_Murphy wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:29 pm

Nope
Arty thinks Jameer Nelson is the GOAT point guard and if he wasn't injured the Magic win the 09 chip easily.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

I don’t understand why Tatum doesn’t get to the rim. Shot only 22% of his shots 3ft and in while playing with 5 out spacing. His rim attempts have actually gone down despite getting bigger and stronger and having more space to operate. Until he starts attacking the hoop more, he’ll remain a tier below the real superstars
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Well, if you want to build a Championship team then the answer is neither, since neither Edwards or Tatum have sniffed a Championship.

Since I haven't seem either guy play I'll go with Edwards, as word around NBA circles is he's built in the mode of a Jordan.

So enough said, basically.

Tatum? Eh, solid player but he allowed his team to get embarrassed and humiliated against a MUCH lower seed last year, so he's got a LOT to prove still.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:31 pm
Alex_Murphy wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:29 pm

Nope
Arty thinks Jameer Nelson is the GOAT point guard and if he wasn't injured the Magic win the 09 chip easily.
Nope.
If he never plays the magic win. He killed the established chemistry and flow

Orlando Tmac >>>>> ant and tatum

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

wailuaFC wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:31 pm I don’t understand why Tatum doesn’t get to the rim. Shot only 22% of his shots 3ft and in while playing with 5 out spacing. His rim attempts have actually gone down despite getting bigger and stronger and having more space to operate. Until he starts attacking the hoop more, he’ll remain a tier below the real superstars
Lack of BB IQ... he would rather chuck 40% of his shots from long-range and MISS 63% of the time (which he's done 'on average' the last 5 seasons) as opposed to get to the basket and score 71% of the time.

Tatum last 5 years = 8 long-range bombs per game at 37% = 8.88 PPG

Had he taken those shots at the rim (where it's MUCH MUCH easier to Score in today's era) he would average 11.36 PPG (8 shots at the basket at a 71% clip, his average the past 5 seasons).

In fairness to Tatum though, it would seem the NBA today is loaded with players who lack basic math and common sense skills (ie; BB IQ).
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:15 pm
wailuaFC wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:31 pm I don’t understand why Tatum doesn’t get to the rim. Shot only 22% of his shots 3ft and in while playing with 5 out spacing. His rim attempts have actually gone down despite getting bigger and stronger and having more space to operate. Until he starts attacking the hoop more, he’ll remain a tier below the real superstars
Lack of BB IQ... he would rather chuck 40% of his shots from long-range and MISS 63% of the time (which he's done 'on average' the last 5 seasons) as opposed to get to the basket and score 71% of the time.

Had he taken those shots at the rim (where it's MUCH MUCH easier to Score in today's era) he would average 11.36 PPG (8 shots at the basket at a 71% clip, his average the past 5 seasons).

In fairness to Tatum though, it would seem the NBA today is loaded with players who lack basic math and common sense skills (ie; BB IQ).
I genuinely have zero desire to read anything you post now days. I could make a TDK madlibs that would be about 95% accuracy to your actual posts. You’re repetitive and boring.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

TDK madlibs

:haha2:
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Tatum is nice but Edwards plays in the Wild West hence having to face more quality teams on a regular.
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

wailuaFC wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:21 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:15 pm

I genuinely have zero desire to read anything you post now days. I could make a TDK madlibs that would be about 95% accuracy to your actual posts. You’re repetitive and boring.
You are the one who asked why Tatum doesn't get to the basket more... and what I wrote is fact, you fool. Look it up yourself, or if you're too lazy lemme know and I'll do the homework for you.

Fact is you are a moron if you "settle" for long-range bombs at a 37% clip if/when you can get to the basket and score at a 71% clip... and those are Tatum's averages the past 5 years, I didn't just make-up numbers like those "fake stats" you, bush and grizz love to death.

So if it's not a lack of BB IQ then what is it?

He's either lazy, or he just doesn't care about winning, or he lacks the IQ to realize he's hurting his team taking so many 3's when he's soooooo much more efficient at the rim.

Take your pick.