Post by zombiesonics »

Lebron: 31.4 ppg/ 7.0 rpg / 6.6 apg / 1.6 spg / 0.8 bpg / 48.0 FG%

Durant: 31.0 ppg / 7.6 rpg / 5.3 apg / 1.5 spg / 0.7 bpg /51.2 FG%

Who's better?
Incognito
All-Time Great

Re: Lebron's 3rd year vs. Durant this year

Post by Incognito »

zombiesonics is jerking himself raw over Lebron lately. He obviously feels threatened by Durant.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Durant this year is better than LeBron was in his 3rd year. More than stats tell us that. Now, they are pretty even, but LeBron is slightly better as an overall player.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

One has his team holding the #1 overall seed in a stacked conference.

The other was playing.....and still is(only worse)....the Blessed sisters of the poor every night.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

Statistically speaking, '08-09 was Lebron's best year:

Lebron: 28.4 ppg/ 7.6 rpg / 7.2 apg / 1.7 spg / 1.1 bpg / 48.9 FG%
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

Ghostown42 wrote:Durant this year is better than LeBron was in his 3rd year. More than stats tell us that. Now, they are pretty even, but LeBron is slightly better as an overall player.
Durant is having a great year no doubt. But the gap between LeBron and Durant is greater than "slightly better".
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Durant is playing some pretty amazing ball right now. His jumper is just so solid and his ability to draw fouls and make almost all his foul shots is pretty incredible. He's playing at a level very few have ever managed to reach right now.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Buckets wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:Durant this year is better than LeBron was in his 3rd year. More than stats tell us that. Now, they are pretty even, but LeBron is slightly better as an overall player.
Durant is having a great year no doubt. But the gap between LeBron and Durant is greater than "slightly better".
As far as their overall careers go I would agree with you, but as far as this year alone, I'd say Durant is pretty close.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

Ghostown42 wrote:
Buckets wrote:
As far as their overall careers go I would agree with you, but as far as this year alone, I'd say Durant is pretty close.
Thats what I was saying. Durant is having a great year and the two are pretty close. However the overall body of work shows that LeBron is greater than "slightly better" compared to Durant. I guess I don't believe Durant can keep this up long-term (next 3-5 years). Whereas LeBron has been putting up pretty great numbers for what seems like forever
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Comparatively, although written by an OKC homer, the metrics (if you're into that sorta thing) don't lie when looking at how much Durant has evolved as a defender.

http://dailythunder.com/2014/01/durant- ... on-lebron/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Buckets wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
Buckets wrote:
Thats what I was saying. Durant is having a great year and the two are pretty close. However the overall body of work shows that LeBron is greater than "slightly better" compared to Durant. I guess I don't believe Durant can keep this up long-term (next 3-5 years). Whereas LeBron has been putting up pretty great numbers for what seems like forever
I could see Durant averaging 28/8/4 for quite a few years to come. Of course post-season production separates the all-time elites from the "very goods."
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Buckets wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
Buckets wrote:

This was the philosophy I dove into with the Kobe v Lebron debates that were so hot more than 4 years ago prior to Lebron ever winning a championship. Only difference, is that Lebron is still statistically on par with his current competition Durant, whereas in prior years, Lebron was blowing Kobe out of the water statistically.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

lettherebehouse wrote:
Buckets wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:

This was the philosophy I dove into with the Kobe v Lebron debates that were so hot more than 4 years ago prior to Lebron ever winning a championship. Only difference, is that Lebron is still statistically on par with his current competition Durant, whereas in prior years, Lebron was blowing Kobe out of the water statistically.
So you're saying based on past experience, this could be just the beginning of Durant?
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Buckets wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
Buckets wrote:

So you're saying based on past experience, this could be just the beginning of Durant?
He's only 25 years old. He could easily have 5-7 more years of this type of production as long as he remains healthy.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Buckets wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
Buckets wrote:

That, and that the "overall body of work" reminded me of the circle of life we go through with every transition of superstars from one era to the next. It's what they said about Michael when comparing him to Kareem or Magic or Bird or Russell prior to 1991. What they said about Lebron before handing him the keys to the NBA from Duncan, Shaq, and Kobe. And now, the same criteria that'll handcuff any baton passing from Lebron to Durant. Overall body of work, and the holy grail of NBA hardware, championship rings.