"How in the world could Curry be top 5? He's not even better than Durant"

Talk about anything here.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: "How in the world could Curry be top 5? He's not even better than Durant"

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:05 pm

Artman, did you hack into bush's account????

:lol: :roll: :L
You being *unable* to refute anything I said doesn't constitute trolling.

We saw the fruits of the two trees.

When Steph wasn't playing with a top 30 player all-time, he won TWO rings with meaningfully different teams.

Jordan? Could win a playoff SERIES without a top 30 all-time player.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:05 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:02 pm
Wrong...

Rebounds: Steph 4.7 vs. 6.2 for Jordan (MJ with a +1.5 advantage)
Assists: Steph 6.4 vs. 5.3 for Jordan (Steph with a +1.1 advantage)

And let's not forget Steph's career averages will decline as he continues playing in the twilight of his career.

:trumphuh:
The first two points are confounded by pace, minutes, and overall possessions, dummy.

The last point is irrelevant because I took the averages of Bulls Jordan (930 games) vs. current Steph (932 games played)

The exact same stretch of games (game 1-game 930/932). Exact same quantity of possessions (to acquire assists/rebounds in the first place).

Steph wins. Barely, but he wins. Regardless you *certainly* can't say Jordan was a passing/rebounding God and Steph a bum, when Steph literally outperforms him lol lol lol
Anyone who claims Steph is just as good a Scorer, Rebounder, Defender and Winner as Jordan is a straight-up clown, and not deserving of a retort... it's really just that simple.

Next...
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:16 pm
Anyone who claims Steph is just as good a Scorer, Rebounder, Defender and Winner as Jordan is a straight-up clown, and not deserving of a retort... it's really just that simple.

Next...
Without adjusting for era, the only meaningful advantage Jordan has over Steph is defense (small one in rebounding).
With adjusting for era, he holds no meaningful advantage in anything.

Talking about pure skills/abilities/outputs not corporate propaganda and popularity-contest based media awards.

lol
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:24 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:16 pm

Next...
Without adjusting for era, the only meaningful advantage Jordan has over Steph is defense (small one in rebounding). With adjusting for era, he holds no meaningful advantage in anything.

Talking about pure skills/abilities/outputs not corporate propaganda and popularity-contest based media awards.

lol
Great, so let me revise:

Anyone who claims Steph is just as good a Scorer, Rebounder and Winner as Jordan is a straight-up clown, and not deserving of a retort... it's really just that simple.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Sorry to knock you off the NPC script, TDK.

lmao
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

I've already heard of of these anti wilt drivel arguments and not a single one has come close to making me rethink my position.

Bill Russel isnt CLOSE to wilt as a basketball player, never was.

Honestly he's not even the most impactful big, I'd take Ben Wallace over Russel anytime, way better defender, much stronger, better athlete and one of the best defensive leaders of all time if not the best. Wilt is in another class as a player bc he's not a liability at one end of the floor like Russel would be if he didn't have a hall of fame roster relative to the other teams.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Jerry West flatly saying Russell was better should at a minimum, make one reconsider the Wilt > Russell position.

It's one thing for a teammate/ally to say their guy is better than someone, but quite another to say he was worse, when he competed against both and played with one.

Neverminding stacking Jerry West's credibility on top of that.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:35 pm Sorry to knock you off the NPC script, TDK.

lmao
You're doing nothing except making yourself look like a fool if you seriously believe Steph is as good a Scorer, Rebounder and Winner as Jordan.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

xer0 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:47 pm I've already heard of of these anti wilt drivel arguments and not a single one has come close to making me rethink my position.

Bill Russel isnt CLOSE to wilt as a basketball player, never was.

Honestly he's not even the most impactful big, I'd take Ben Wallace over Russel anytime, way better defender, much stronger, better athlete and one of the best defensive leaders of all time if not the best. Wilt is in another class as a player bc he's not a liability at one end of the floor like Russel would be if he didn't have a hall of fame roster relative to the other teams.
Bill Russell was his era's Dennis Rodman.

Fans like bush and grizz rely on "fake stats" to make outrageous claims (like claiming Russ was a better BB player than Wilt, or that Steph is just as good a Scorer, Rebounder and Winner as was MJ).

It's quite comical, actually.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:10 pm
You're doing nothing except making yourself look like a fool if you seriously believe Steph is as good a Scorer, Rebounder and Winner as Jordan.
I said multiple times he's not *quite* as good a rebounder.

Regarding winning, he's won two titles in a situation (no top 30 player) where Jordan couldn't even win a single round in the playoffs. Steph did what Jordan did (win with great talent), but Jordan couldn't do what Steph did (win with okay talent), so Steph is a BETTER winner than Jordan, technically.
Last edited by Bush4Ever. on Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:15 pm

Fans like bush and grizz rely on "fake stats" to make outrageous claims (like claiming Russ was a better BB player than Wilt,

So you are claiming to be more of a basketball expert than Jerry West, correct?

Don't resort to trolling. Be a big boy and PROVE your basketball credentials over and above Jerry West.

We'll wait. Note that being the 9th man on a podunk team in high school, averaging 1.5 points per game does not qualify as a credential.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Xero proving he's a basketball moron and Bush totally obliterating TDK. Some things never change.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:16 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:10 pm
I said multiple times he's not *quite* as good a rebounder.

Regarding winning, he's won two titles in a situation (no top 30 player) where Jordan could even win a single round in the playoffs. Steph did what Jordan did (win with great talent), but Jordan couldn't do what Steph did (win with okay talent), so Steph is a BETTER winner than Jordan, technically.
Pippen wasn't a Top 30 player during the first 3-Peat, and he was crippled with injuries during the Bulls' 98 run (when 35-year old Jordan had to account for 40% of the Bulls' Scoring).

Jordan never lost in the Finals, nevermind multiple times (like Curry), and MJ never lost to a lower seed EVER (like Curry has, despite playing on a 70+ win team). Jordan was the MVP in all 6 Finals appearances... Curry just one (1) time in 6 attempts.

Again... you're making yourself look like a fool if you truly believe Steph is just as good a Winner as Jordan.

Next.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:17 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:15 pm

Fans like bush and grizz rely on "fake stats" to make outrageous claims (like claiming Russ was a better BB player than Wilt,

So you are claiming to be more of a basketball expert than Jerry West, correct?

Don't resort to trolling. Be a big boy and PROVE your basketball credentials over and above Jerry West.

We'll wait. Note that being the 9th man on a podunk team in high school, averaging 1.5 points per game does not qualify as a credential.
The same way you routinely dismiss the near unamious opinions of MJ's peers (and nearly 60% of active players today) who consider Jordan the GOAT.

Next...
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:19 pm Xero proving he's a basketball moron and Bush totally obliterating TDK. Some things never change.
Says the guy who thinks Russell is the GOAT.

:lol:

:slapping:

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:37 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:19 pm Xero proving he's a basketball moron and Bush totally obliterating TDK. Some things never change.

Your inability to make intelligent arguments with data doesn't change the data. Bush uses data, even when he's trolling you to some extent. I use data.
You make absurd comments like Russell = Rodman which only proves you're an idiot. Emotionally intelligent people can be dispassionate when discussing a topic and not let their personal biases enter the debate. It doesn't matter what the topic is, you have zero ability to see beyond your biases. You have the emotional intelligence of a toddler, no offense to toddlers out there.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

TDK is butthurt majorly bigly and raging lol lol lol

Smoke some weed, play some Zappa, bang your domestic partner and relax dude.

It's Friday lol lmao rotlflmao
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:43 pm

Your inability to make intelligent arguments with data doesn't change the data. Bush uses data, even when he's trolling you to some extent. I use data.
You make absurd comments like Russell = Rodman which only proves you're an idiot. Emotionally intelligent people can be dispassionate when discussing a topic and not let their personal biases enter the debate. It doesn't matter what the topic is, you have zero ability to see beyond your biases. You have the emotional intelligence of a toddler, no offense to toddlers out there.
Fake stats that yield a "guess" are NOT facts, meatball. Learn the difference.

Russell has MORE in common with Rodman than any other player: Elite Defender, elite Rebounder, solid Passer, below-average Scorer/Offense, with the main difference being that Russell broke into the league when nobody played Defense, so his dominance / results are skewed.

Put him in the 80's and 90's and Russell = Dennis Rodman.

Fact.

Get mad.

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

If Pippen = Lebron (as TDK has stated before).....and Rodman = Russell (as Drunko just mentioned above).....then Michale Jeffrey Jordan did indeed have THE MOST HELP in NBA history.

How much fucking help did that quitter need?!?!?
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:59 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:43 pm

Fake stats that yield a "guess" are NOT facts, meatball. Learn the difference.

Russell has MORE in common with Rodman than any other player: Elite Defender, elite Rebounder, solid Passer, below-average Scorer/Offense, with the main difference being that Russell broke into the league when nobody played Defense, so his dominance / results are skewed.

Put him in the 80's and 90's and Russell = Dennis Rodman.

Fact.

Get mad.
A team's defensive rating is a fact TDK. It is how many points it gives up per 100 possessions. Things like TS% are facts TDK, based on a pre-set formula that has been tested using regression analysis that is obviously over your head. You only like these stats when they serve your argument, and then you gleefully bring them up. When they don't, they are "made up". Data is data. There is TONS of it available and sticking your head in the sand and just saying it is "made up" because it doesn't serve your purposes means you make evaluations on needlessly limited data.

Russell could score when it was needed. Russell did whatever was needed to make his team win. In the 1962 finals against the Lakers, in game 7, he scored 30 points and added 40 rebounds in a tight victory in the first of the classic Celtics/Lakers finals. Don't try to tell me that's Rodmanesque.

Russell had seasons where it is estimated he "AVERAGED" 8 blocks a season. He had seasons where it is estimated he AVERAGED 5 steals a season. Rodman never had a season with even 1 block or 1 steal per game. Trying to somehow equate the two is the stuff of idiots.

Like I have said many times and is painfully apparent to anyone with an IQ above room temperature, you have zero ability to see beyond your biases. You are literally a toddler in that respect. And what is worse, a ridiculous amount of how you perceive your self worth is tied to absolutely meaningless crap like the Bulls, MJ, the city of Chicago, Frank Zappa and so on and so forth. That is brutally unhealthy, but it is extremely unlikely you will ever change at this point in your life. Frankly, I feel sorry for you. I wouldn't wish that view of the world on anyone.