Talk about anything here.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: It's time to get into baseball mode

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

lettherebehouse wrote:
thatoothpick45 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
Dude, you hate on baseball, football, and Kobe/basketball. Is soccer really the only sport you're into?
I enjoy basketball, thank you very much. I watch many sports, football(real football, not what you bozo americans call), hockey, rugby, tennis, boxing, mma. American football and baseball are just meh. Superbowl is fun though, eat, drink and spend time with friends. Yesterday, by midway through the 2nd quarter, people had already tuned the game out.

My bad, I was under the impression that you were American. Stay brown, my brotha.

Oh great. Now the jap is being racist. Not cool man. Not cool at all.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
thatoothpick45 wrote:
I enjoy basketball, thank you very much. I watch many sports, football(real football, not what you bozo americans call), hockey, rugby, tennis, boxing, mma. American football and baseball are just meh. Superbowl is fun though, eat, drink and spend time with friends. Yesterday, by midway through the 2nd quarter, people had already tuned the game out.

My bad, I was under the impression that you were American. Stay brown, my brotha.

I ain't Jap no more son. In case you hadn't noticed the new avatar, a new image, a new me.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

lettherebehouse wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

I ain't Jap no more son. In case you hadn't noticed the new avatar, a new image, a new me.

Oh nice. Way to pretend to be from South America. I'm not buying it.
thatoothpick45
All-Time Great

Post by thatoothpick45 »

lettherebehouse wrote:
thatoothpick45 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
Dude, you hate on baseball, football, and Kobe/basketball. Is soccer really the only sport you're into?

Brown? Us Argentines are mostly white.
DorianRo
Superstar

Post by DorianRo »

MLB has been in the toilet since the public found out its a big Roid Convention. NBA is next
Last edited by DorianRo on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

thatoothpick45 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
thatoothpick45 wrote:

Brown? Us Argentines are mostly white.

Meh. You're from somewhere south of San Diego, which just makes you another dumb Mexican who hates on the good ole U.S.OF A. Go make me a taco Pancho, I'm hungry mojo.
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

DorianRo wrote:Image

MLB has been in the toilet since the public found on its a big Roid Convention. NBA is next

How do you explain the increased attendance, better ratings and greatly improved consumer sales?
NBA had its best year in the last 7 last year and looks like this one will be even better
sportswise1
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

baseball should just end in America. It's boring.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Baseball really is one of the most boring sports there is. Maybe its because I dont understand it much, but there doesnt seem to be much strategy at all and the actual amount of time when the ball is in play is miniscule.
Max
Coach

Post by Max »

wailuaFC wrote:Baseball really is one of the most boring sports there is. Maybe its because I dont understand it much, but there doesnt seem to be much strategy at all and the actual amount of time when the ball is in play is miniscule.
Most people say that about sports they don't pay attention to.

To me, soccer appears to a bunch of guys kicking around a ball, hoping to get a lucky and score a goal. It's probably a little more complex than that though.
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

sportswise1 wrote:
DorianRo wrote:Image

MLB has been in the toilet since the public found on its a big Roid Convention. NBA is next

How do you explain the increased attendance, better ratings and greatly improved consumer sales?
NBA had its best year in the last 7 last year and looks like this one will be even better

yeah, I've discussed this ad nauseam on ESPN.....the '94 strike season hampered attendance greatly(29% drop off in attendance) after coming off a 26% increase in attendance from '93...it leveled out, picked up by 18% in '96, and then another 11% in '98(with the whole Sammy/mark HR derby fiasco).....since then, attendance has been sporadic(7 times it has decreased in attendance, 6 times it has increased), it's highest increase being 8%(2004)........Giamatti warned Selig and others of the rampant drug use in the late 80's, and yet, they did nothing(especially after the drop off in attendance after '94)...