Trophies comparison (Duncan, Jordan, Kobe, LeBron)

Talk about anything here.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Re: Trophies comparison (Duncan, Jordan, Kobe, LeBron)

Post by elmouse03 »

Kwame Brown > all those guys. Deal with it. :mrgreen:
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Jordan
>
Kobe
>
>
>
LeBron
>
>
Duncan
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote: lmao
At what?
Your list.
You love Duncan and Lebron and hate Kobe. i get it already.

But I can put my dislike aside and give Kobe his props. He was the most explosive and dangerous offensive player in the league for several years, until Lebron hit his stride.

And i don't punish him for playing with Shaq, who was the most dangerous offensive weapon until 2003, when he got fat, lazy and gimpy.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

elmouse03 wrote:Kwame Brown > all those guys. Deal with it. :mrgreen:
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote: At what?
Your list.

But I can put my dislike aside and give Kobe his props. He was the most explosive and dangerous offensive player in the league for several years, until Lebron hit his stride.

And don't punish him for playing with Shaq, who was the most dangerous offensive weapon until 2003, when he got fat, lazy and gimpy.
Kobe wasn't better offensively than Lebron or Durant or any of the all time greats.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote: At what?
Your list.

And don't punish him for playing with Shaq, who was the most dangerous offensive weapon until 2003, when he got fat, lazy and gimpy.
Thought-provoking analysis right there, cutting-edge stuff.
Come at the King, you best not miss.
Olaf
Superstar

Post by Olaf »

876Stephen is one of the dumbest posters on this board.

He needs to post on PSR.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Was Bill Russell's trophy count omitted from that graphic for the reason I think it was?
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

876Stephen wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote: Your list.

Kobe wasn't better offensively than Lebron or Durant or any of the all time greats.
Durant is not better than Kobe was. He's a pure shooter for sure but that's the only thing that he's got on Kobe.

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

lettherebehouse wrote:Was Bill Russell's trophy count omitted from that graphic for the reason I think it was?
You couldn't really make a fair comparison because there was no finals MVPs back then. There wouldn't be enough room in the picture if there was and you included that.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

y2ktors wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
y2ktors wrote:

Durant is not better than Kobe was. He's a pure shooter for sure but that's the only thing that he's got on Kobe.
If you don't think Durant can score the way Kobe can, then i don't know what to say. Kobe is and always has been a high volume scorer with little to no efficiency. KD is a model of scoring efficiency. Kobe never has been able to match it.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

876Stephen wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
If you don't think Durant can score the way Kobe can, then i don't know what to say. Kobe is and always has been a high volume scorer with little to no efficiency. KD is a model of scoring efficiency. Kobe never has been able to match it.

Kobe's a little more craftier when it comes to splitting doubles, as well as his ability to put the ball in the hole under more adverse conditions. You'll say the smarter player doesn't need acrobatic methods of scoring, leading to like you mentioned, the more efficient player which Durant is. However, to put Durant's level of skill offensively on par with Kobe's in his prime, is more kneejerk of a reaction favoring the fresher talent than anything mindfully substantial.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

lettherebehouse wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
y2ktors wrote: Durant is not better than Kobe was. He's a pure shooter for sure but that's the only thing that he's got on Kobe.

Kobe's a little more craftier when it comes to splitting doubles, as well as his ability to put the ball in the hole under more adverse conditions. You'll say the smarter player doesn't need acrobatic methods of scoring, leading to like you mentioned, the more efficient player which Durant is. However, to put Durant's level of skill offensively on par with Kobe's in his prime, is more kneejerk of a reaction favoring the fresher talent than anything mindfully substantial.
Indeed.

876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

lettherebehouse wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
y2ktors wrote: Durant is not better than Kobe was. He's a pure shooter for sure but that's the only thing that he's got on Kobe.

Basicall what your saying is that Kobe was more exciting. He was more of a highlight reel scorer. That's fair and very true. Kobe was one of the most exciting players i've ever seen to grace a basketball court. That doesn't make him a better scorer then Durant. Kobe has always been a volume scorer which is why he has such high point per game totals.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:Was Bill Russell's trophy count omitted from that graphic for the reason I think it was?
You couldn't really make a fair comparison because there was no finals MVPs back then. There wouldn't be enough room in the picture if there was and you included that.
The younger generations don't know of care about bill Russell's accomplishments. It's a shame.

lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

876Stephen wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
876Stephen wrote:

Basicall what your saying is that Kobe was more exciting. He was more of a highlight reel scorer. That's fair and very true. Kobe was one of the most exciting players i've ever seen to grace a basketball court. That doesn't make him a better scorer then Durant. Kobe has always been a volume scorer which is why he has such high point per game totals.
What I'm saying, is that there are things on the court that Kobe can do, that Durant can't. And that there isn't anything Durant can do on the court, that Kobe can't. If we're grading on efficiency while punishing one over the other based on volume, then you might as well declare Bo Outlaw as one of the greatest scorers the game has ever seen with his fancy ass 58% career FG percentage.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

876Stephen wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
876Stephen wrote:

What's wrong with volume scoring?

876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

lettherebehouse wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

What I'm saying, is that there are things on the court that Kobe can do, that Durant can't. And that there isn't anything Durant can do on the court, that Kobe can't. If we're grading on efficiency while punishing one over the other based on volume, then you might as well declare Bo Outlaw as one of the greatest scorers the game has ever seen with his fancy ass 58% career FG percentage.
KD can score just as many points as Kobe on a higher efficiency. Look at their career numbers and you will see this is the case. And BTW what can Kobe do that Durant can't? I know Kobe is very good in clutch moments but Durant is also good in the clutch as well, when he gets the ball.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

y2ktors wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

What's wrong with volume scoring?
Nothing.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

Madnessssss wrote:Kobe > durant > lebron

When their respective careers are over, that's how they will be ranked. Rightfully so.

And yeah, if fg% is important, than Deandre Jordan is one of the best scorers in the game.
It's important when discussing Durant and Kobe. Durant shoots a lot more then Deandre and nearly as much as Kobe in terms of career shooting. Yet KD dominates Kobe in all efficiency categories. What does that tell you?