Millenials think writing in cursive is a bandwagon fad rather than common knowledge....sad

Talk about anything here.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Millenials think writing in cursive is a bandwagon fad rather than common knowledge....sad

Post by elartman1973 »

phpBB [video]
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Re: Millenials think writing in cursive is a bandwagon fad rather than common knowledge....sad

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

I had to learn cursive in grade school & the only time I use it now is when I sign my name to things - and even then it's hardly legible. It helped in developing handwriting skills but that's about it.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Re: Millenials think writing in cursive is a bandwagon fad rather than common knowledge....sad

Post by elartman1973 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:47 pm I had to learn cursive in grade school & the only time I use it now is when I sign my name to things - and even then it's hardly legible. It helped in developing handwriting skills but that's about it.
I write in cursive constantly and have been complimented on my beautiful penmanship many times..

It's sad they arent really teaching it anymore...its far faster than printing and its individualizing in a nice way...

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

The video title is correct. Cursive has been dead for decades.

Millennials are always right, as proven.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

I like how it looks but no one uses cursive anymore except people with autism.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Arty do you have a desktop computer and/or a fax machine at your place?
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Absolutely no adult in 2022 writes anything in textbook cursive writing.

You telling me you write textbook (capital) cursive letter Gs?

My ass.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:28 pm Arty do you have a desktop computer and/or a fax machine at your place?
Maybe

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:31 pm Absolutely no adult in 2022 writes anything in textbook cursive writing.

You telling me you write textbook (capital) cursive letter Gs?

My ass.
Its second nature...its not like it takes extra effort, and its faster...unless you're a moron like kids today and your generation

lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

My dyslexic fingers even as I just tried as an exercise to try cursive writing, gave me anxiety no troll. Fucking fingers went into some deformed contorted twitch and shit just going into a mind of its own.

Weird
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

lettherebehouse wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:41 pm My dyslexic fingers even as I just tried as an exercise to try cursive writing, gave me anxiety no troll. Fucking fingers went into some deformed contorted twitch and shit just going into a mind of its own.

Weird
My dad handwrites using all capital letters. Emails are lowercase at least*

*with zero punctuation.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

elartman1973 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:39 pm Its second nature...its not like it takes extra effort, and its faster...unless you're a moron like kids today and your generation
Typing is faster and more efficient than any type of writing.

It's also less prone to (meaningful) errors and miscommunication, which is why any doctor with a degree of humility will always send in prescriptions electronically.

The above doesn't apply if you have super fat fingers, like adults with your BMI scores and bra size.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:54 pm
elartman1973 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:39 pm Its second nature...its not like it takes extra effort, and its faster...unless you're a moron like kids today and your generation
Typing is faster and more efficient than any type of writing.

It's also less prone to (meaningful) errors and miscommunication, which is why any doctor with a degree of humility will always send in prescriptions electronically.

The above doesn't apply if you have super fat fingers, like adults with your BMI scores and bra size.
Typing is far more mistake prone

And not everything is typed
Not knowing basic cursive is like not knowing the alphabet to me...its a basic necessity..
Lol at people who cant even read it and lost in thier own damn language..

I dont understand why people on this board celebrate being dumber or not knowing certain things...especially lmd...I dont find the appeal that you guys get from being ignorant

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

elartman1973 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:04 pm
Not knowing basic cursive is like not knowing the alphabet to me...its a basic necessity..
It's literally not, if people who don't care to write cursive are lapping you in life many times over.

Everyone here can read cursive. We just don't write cursive because it's less efficient in terms of how 99 percent of people live 99 percent of their lives.

Autisming over cursive is like a boomer mocking a zoomer for using a GPS device on a road trip instead of navigating with a paper map.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:26 pm
elartman1973 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:04 pm
It's literally not, if people who don't care to write cursive are lapping you in life many times over.

Everyone here can read cursive. We just don't write cursive because it's less efficient in terms of how 99 percent of people live 99 percent of their lives.

Autisming over cursive is like a boomer mocking a zoomer for using a GPS device on a road trip instead of navigating with a paper map.
You're triggered by your insecurities stemming from your inability to write cursive...trying to push the dead lazy autism angle is a sure give away.

I'll never understand posters. Desire to be ignorant on things...in fact they are insecure and bash thi they dont understand...you're very guilty of this as are many, especially LMD and that piece of shit tasteless faggot Leoss

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

elartman1973 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:39 pm You're triggered by your insecurities stemming from your inability to write cursive...
Inability to read other people's emotions is a primary indicator of autism.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

elartman1973 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:39 pmYou're triggered by your insecurities stemming from your inability to write cursive...
You think anyone here can’t write in cursive?

:biggums:
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:45 pm
elartman1973 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:39 pm You're triggered by your insecurities stemming from your inability to write cursive...
Inability to read other people's emotions is a primary indicator of autism.
Then everyone on this board is autistic.

And stop inventing fake symptoms about a condition you obviously have yet dont have the slightest idea what it is

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Do you use cursive when writing your checks before updating your balance book?

Old as fuck lmao
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:14 pm Do you use cursive when writing your checks before updating your balance book?

Old as fuck lmao
I use cursive on checks all the time. And in my writings .and my letters...lol at not knowing how to write cursive...your generation is the dumbest in history
Lol at choosing to lack a skill

Sad