So what happened? FPL neglected to pay the bill? Ripper nuked it?

Talk about anything here.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Re: So what happened? FPL neglected to pay the bill? Ripper nuked it?

Post by lettherebehouse »

If this past few days have proved anything to me, it’s that I need AG in my life more than I ever realized.

Whew, great to be back guys.

I was like

Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Be honest...

How many thought for a second the site got nuked for it's super conservative leanings?
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:13 pm Be honest...

How many thought for a second the site got nuked for it's super conservative leanings?
What happened was actually pretty darn close to what I thought. FPL hasn't been on for AGES and ripper has been scarce too by his standards, so I was going with Occam's Razor and thinking that they either forgot and hadn't renewed the license (or whatever you have to do to maintain a domain) or else hadn't noticed the glitch for a while and it was taking a while to get it sorted out.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

I was hoping/thinking that for a second.
People like Atti, LMD, Ripper, kub and zombie gathering is dangerous to Americans democracy
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:18 pm

What happened was actually pretty darn close to what I thought. FPL hasn't been on for AGES and ripper has been scarce too by his standards, so I was going with Occam's Razor and thinking that they either forgot and hadn't renewed the license (or whatever you have to do to maintain a domain) or else hadn't noticed the glitch for a while and it was taking a while to get it sorted out.
Anyone that googled the error message could see that was the problem. I thought for just 1 second though that maybe someone got the site taken down TDK style.
TheSaboteur
Hall of Famer

Post by TheSaboteur »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:58 pm
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:18 pm Why are MCSers so angry and unhappy? :(
I guess I also don't understand why they're even a thing in the first place, considering we all came from the same closed forum. It's been seven years, why keep the divide? And as one mentioned here already there's usually only like 3-4 active users on. Even Insidehoops is more active, and they've been around longer.
MCS has been around much longer than AG, and has a much better history (including a civil war). Plus, there are a bunch of neo-Nazis on this site, we don't want them on MCS.
Image Vaccines Image

Cannot redeclare utf8_encode
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

The board was pretty intolerable lately. Nearly every thread regardless of subject funneled its way into a “artman you’re fat n autistic, no I’m not” thread by page 2. My genuine thought was Fpliii just said this is trash and not worth babysitting. Mamba Out.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

What I originally assumed was correct, error during a backend upgrade and fplii hadn't checked on it in a while. If the site was gone there would have been a 404 error or "url cannot be retrieved" or whatever.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

I'll check out the stuff you guys linked earlier in the thread later.

Something interesting is that there seems to be a notifications panel built in now. The control panel lets you choose settings. I'm going to have to research the mention extension.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I kind of like the notifications.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

I knew right away it was because of FPL negligence, and I told Leoss and Dictator that over the phone so they can verify
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Uncontroversial wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:52 pm

I knew right away it was because of FPL negligence, and I told Leoss and Dictator that over the phone so they can verify
How badly do you want FPL to interact with you? Heaven forbid someone goes and does something else. Doubt monitoring this site is his full time job.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:55 pm
Uncontroversial wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:52 pm

How badly do you want FPL to interact with you? Heaven forbid someone goes and does something else. Doubt monitoring this site is his full time job.
He should give the site to someone else. Nobody is asking him to maintain it. He’s terrible at it. And plays the victim card whenever he has to lift a finger, when someone else can do it
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

I just changed the spambot countermeasure setting from the default to a different one. Hopefully it'll help filter out some of the bot accounts.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

I actually thought I was having computer problems until I went over to the sports and racing board. Ghostfag and Bartfag said they were both having problems getting in. :lol: :suds:
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

I installed prosilver dark, people should be able to change it in the UCP. It lets me set it as the default but that doesn't seem to change the board appearance for everyone.

Maybe we can install a third one too. I know we had subsilver2 before as well. Though nobody really used prosilver (the current one).
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

I tried the prosilver dark, it's kinda meh. It's a dark theme but it's got the same gross blue colors on top of it. I think the "black" and then the 3rd one I linked may look better, but up to you.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:17 pm I tried the prosilver dark, it's kinda meh. It's a dark theme but it's got the same gross blue colors on top of it. I think the "black" and then the 3rd one I linked may look better, but up to you.

I like the prosilver dark.

So far at least. I also like that I can tell which threads have new posts.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:17 pm I tried the prosilver dark, it's kinda meh. It's a dark theme but it's got the same gross blue colors on top of it. I think the "black" and then the 3rd one I linked may look better, but up to you.
Okay, I installed those two as well.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

I think that this existential crisis we conquered will only make us stronger and more appreciative as a community.