Giants nation literally pouting because the Eagles didn't help them get into the playoffs

Talk about anything here.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Giants nation literally pouting because the Eagles didn't help them get into the playoffs

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

WTF is this shit. It wasn't their job to help you get in. Maybe don't lose 10 fucking games?
LookAway
All-Time Great

Re: Giants nation literally pouting because the Eagles didn't help them get into the playoffs

Post by LookAway »

LMAO
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: Giants nation literally pouting because the Eagles didn't help them get into the playoffs

Post by PhutureDynasty »

It was a smart move by us. That game meant nothing for us long-term.

Why risk injuring Hurts for the sake of a random game that doesn't influence whether we make the playoffs or not because we're already eliminated?

Stick to eating paint chips, Eli.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

PhutureDynasty wrote:It was a smart move by us. That game meant nothing for us long-term.

Why risk injuring Hurts for the sake of a random game that doesn't influence whether we make the playoffs or not because we're already eliminated?

Future still loves the tank!

[Note: I think trying to lose is always bad. BUT... this time is not nearly as bad considering there weren't fans there who had to pay a lot of money to watch the Eagles deliberately lose.]
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:It was a smart move by us. That game meant nothing for us long-term.

[Note: I think trying to lose is always bad. BUT... this time is not nearly as bad considering there weren't fans there who had to pay a lot of money to watch the Eagles deliberately lose.]
Any Eagles fan there rooting for a victory to hurt our draft pick after we're eliminated isn't much of a fan anyway.

Hurts looks decent, despite me still being Team Carson, so don't risk the QB or draft asset.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Any Eagles fan there rooting for a victory to hurt our draft pick after we're eliminated isn't much of a fan anyway.

Hurts looks decent, despite me still being Team Carson, so don't risk the QB or draft asset.

It's one quarter. Sitting him was not about avoiding an injury.

Whether it was moving up 3 picks in the draft... meh.

I've seen a local team do that more times than anybody here. And I've seen how often that works out. Again... nobody paid to be there. So I'm cool with it. It's a lot easier to turn the channel than to battle traffic, pay for parking, pay $100+ for food, et al. Embrace the Process.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I've seen a local team do that more times than anybody here. And I've seen how often that works out. Again... nobody paid to be there. So I'm cool with it. It's a lot easier to turn the channel than to battle traffic, pay for parking, pay $100+ for food, et al. Embrace the Process.
I just don't understand NFL fans.

Those same people that were at the game were probably laughing at the Jets for winning 2 games and fucking their Trevor Lawrence chances. Meanwhile, we do it and everyone wants to be up in arms.

Also, why the hell is an NFC East game in the prime time slot? Have they not seen this division this year? Plenty of better games to slot there.

I respect that you defend working man Dave bringing his kids to the game to see a victory only to have that yanked, but that's simply not the best interest of the team sometimes. Last night was one of those times.

Life isn't fair for everyone.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

If a NFL fan doesn’t know going in that their team has nothing to play for and might be sitting its starters then they aren’t much of a fan to begin with.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

I tried so hard and got so far
But in the end it doesn't even matter
I had to fall to lose it all
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

lettherebehouse wrote:I tried so hard and got so far
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote: Any Eagles fan there rooting for a victory to hurt our draft pick after we're eliminated isn't much of a fan anyway.

I just don't understand NFL fans.

Those same people that were at the game were probably laughing at the Jets for winning 2 games and fucking their Trevor Lawrence chances. Meanwhile, we do it and everyone wants to be up in arms.

Also, why the hell is an NFC East game in the prime time slot? Have they not seen this division this year? Plenty of better games to slot there.

I respect that you defend working man Dave bringing his kids to the game to see a victory only to have that yanked, but that's simply not the best interest of the team sometimes. Last night was one of those times.

Life isn't fair for everyone.

I care more about other fans than I do Billionaires and Millionaires.

They make money solely on the backs of Working Man Daves. So I'm reluctant to turn my back on those cats.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

The NBA does this shit nightly.

In the end the Giants have only themselves to blame. I just can't drum up any empathy for a team and their fans who think they somehow got screwed when they finished 6-10. You didn't earn it or deserve it no matter the circumstances.

No one complained the Steelers played backups.

Philly owes you nothing. They helped themselves by losing.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

manchild98 wrote:The NBA does this shit nightly.

In the end the Giants have only themselves to blame. I just can't drum up any empathy for a team and their fans who think they somehow got screwed when they finished 6-10. You didn't earn it or deserve it no matter the circumstances.

No one complained the Steelers played backups.

Philly owes you nothing. They helped themselves by losing.
Precisely why this entire story is silly and quite embarrassing for the New York Giants. Simply stated, put up or shut up! ...bottom line.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Shill Jackson wrote:
Kind of poorly made. I thought that was a knife and he was getting ready to stab someone.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Titan18 wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
Kind of poorly made. I thought that was a knife and he was getting ready to stab someone.
Or that he’s about to deep throat a dild the wrong way.